Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Gotta agree with Jedit on both counts, honestly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Jedit posted:

gently caress off, Hal, if I had a dollar for every time I've been lynched as scum over just a perceived meltdown I'd have (adds up) $3.50.

No, do chase it. You don't get to call out two specific people for picking an NK target then drop it without any explanation.
Mafia Edit For New Page: These counts.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I have to gently caress off because I'm good at reading people?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Just seems a little mean. A lot of hostility in this game about sucking let me tell ya

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Hal Incandenza posted:

I have to gently caress off because I'm good at reading people?

You weren't talking about a read. You were making a general case that meltdowns are a Town tell. Which is patently false, and reads like an attempt to earn Town cred.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Jedit posted:

You weren't talking about a read. You were making a general case that meltdowns are a Town tell. Which is patently false, and reads like an attempt to earn Town cred.

nahhhhh

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Somberbrero posted:

I did this my first game as scum and voted my scum buddy :(

Calling Hog/Jam/Hal.

I think this post is important.

Were I scum and knowing that Hog and Jam were both town, if one of them flipped, I'd immediately flip the other to make someone I know was town look bad.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
meltdowns aren't always town.

hell, they tend to be a scumtell tbh, especially if it's early on. I think most people are expecting to die D1 since it's basically russian roulette. So if you're melting down, it's like "MMM why so concerned that you're gonna die, buckyboy?"

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Tired Moritz posted:

meltdowns aren't always town.

hell, they tend to be a scumtell tbh, especially if it's early on. I think most people are expecting to die D1 since it's basically russian roulette. So if you're melting down, it's like "MMM why so concerned that you're gonna die, buckyboy?"

You're definitely right, but in Jam's case, he melts down over people making theoretically incorrect plays for town in mafia. I think specifically here, the meltdown was just a normal reaction.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Good morning.

Hi, Hall! Do you have feelings about yesterday besides smugness on being right? Who do you think might have used an Ecco Gambit as cover?

I'd very much like to hear from RF today, and he's my knee jerk vote choice. As much as I agreed with the sentiment, his vote was rather silent and suspicious and if memory serves, Lurking Scum Opop has won games before.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I never heard of the ecco gambit before now but holy gently caress, my policy for life.

YOU KNOW WHOS LURKING

redneck

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Tired Moritz posted:

I never heard of the ecco gambit before now but holy gently caress, my policy for life.

YOU KNOW WHOS LURKING

redneck
In this situation I feel like it served the greater good because he would have dominated discussion for the rest of the game with that behavior, but I will also admit I have personal reasons for being particularly put out by "are you autistic" being used the same way someone would use "an idiot".

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Jedit posted:

No, do chase it. You don't get to call out two specific people for picking an NK target then drop it without any explanation.

You're both dickish outsider personalities. If I thought it was actionable then I'd dig my teeth in.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Yorkshire Tea posted:

I think this post is important.

Were I scum and knowing that Hog and Jam were both town, if one of them flipped, I'd immediately flip the other to make someone I know was town look bad.

What's your takeaway from that? If you had to point a finger, who would it be at?

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Somberbrero posted:

What's your takeaway from that? If you had to point a finger, who would it be at?

Logic would dictate that people are trying to set you up as scum.

Which would mean I suspect Hal for his reaction.

But that doesn't make sense with what I know of how he plays. Specifically I don't think he would have been okay killing a new player.

So basically, I'm more confident of you, but don't know much more beyond that.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Logic would dictate that people are trying to set you up as scum.

Which would mean I suspect Hal for his reaction.

But that doesn't make sense with what I know of how he plays. Specifically I don't think he would have been okay killing a new player.

So basically, I'm more confident of you, but don't know much more beyond that.

yeah i guess that's fair.

however, i think that we are going to get ourselves in trouble if we say that 'x person would never kill a newbie.' i mean, i agree generally, but it's not impossible and there could be something like a busdriver or redirector in play. i know this was supposed to be a simple game, but it seems like maybe that is not so much the case?

with deadline tonight and no great leads i'm going to vote redneck, who currently has five posts. ##redneck nazgul

my gut is gurgling in pera's general direction but i haven't nailed down why exactly that is yet.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Somberbrero posted:

my gut is gurgling in pera's general direction but i haven't nailed down why exactly that is yet.

I know why! And speaking of: redneck nazgul was the other person who claims something happened to them, so I would like to please ask we not lynch either them or Somber.

Would either of you be willing to clarify more on what exactly happened to you? Anything descriptive that might be meaningful in the context of what exactly happened? (I tole u night woul be complic8d; u no lissen but i tole u)

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
gently caress me and my formatting edits -- Please do not lynch redneck nazgul nor Somber, tia.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm not sure anyone thought Jam's meltdown made him scum in particular, the key thing is that it made him extremely unpleasant to play with

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Damnit, something about FL was pinging me last night but I just did a reread and nothing's jumping out at me now

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

##vote peramene

I haven't mentioned something happening to me last night. Elaborate, if you don't mind.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

If something happened, I would like to hear about it, pera said something yesterday about thinking the game was not standard?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I think Pera might have mixed me and RN up

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

PMush Perfect posted:

If something happened, I would like to hear about it, pera said something yesterday about thinking the game was not standard?

I haven't claimed that anything happened to me.

If peramene has information about it, there's two main possibilities that come to mind.

A: peramene did something targeting Somber and I.

B: peramene didn't target me, but knows someone did, and let it slip.

Without further explanation, I think it stinks.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Fair. Not gonna ask for a claim, just wanna hear her elaborate on what she meant.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Retro Futurist posted:

Ordinarily, I'd agree, but if peramene smelt something, I'm inclined to believe she dealt something or knows who did.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
##vote pera amazing.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

redneck nazgul posted:

Ordinarily, I'd agree, but if peramene smelt something, I'm inclined to believe she dealt something or knows who did.

Right, but she said you were the only other person to claim something happened. You didn't, I did.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Retro Futurist posted:

Right, but she said you were the only other person to claim something happened. You didn't, I did.

I wouldn't be this anally retentive about not claiming anything if nothing had actually happened.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
considering that you both have R- usernames, I'm inclined to believe it's just a brain fart

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
I'm coming down on the side of mixup for now. Not addressing the possibility of username-confusion when voting is a little weird though since pera was pretty explicit about "claimed being targeted" in her post - and especially for Somber since RF floated the mixup theory before he voted.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Flying Leatherman posted:

I'm coming down on the side of mixup for now. Not addressing the possibility of username-confusion when voting is a little weird though since pera was pretty explicit about "claimed being targeted" in her post - and especially for Somber since RF floated the mixup theory before he voted.

I find that distinctly implausible and it fit in snugly with my gut feels. Also now that I think about it, I can see pera offing a newbie. She's also kind of a Mafia outsider too.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Somberbrero posted:

I find that distinctly implausible and it fit in snugly with my gut feels. Also now that I think about it, I can see pera offing a newbie. She's also kind of a Mafia outsider too.

Fair enough. I'll wait and see where pera's at here, I think an explanation would be good to have anyway. I just think that it'd be more compelling if the wording were, for example, "were targeted" versus "claimed being targeted". It's a small distinction but an important one

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Jesus Christ, deadline is tonight? I thought it was tomorrow.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Jamuraan, J.D. in Critical Reasoning and Logic
Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!

PMush Perfect posted:

In this situation I feel like it served the greater good because he would have dominated discussion for the rest of the game with that behavior, but I will also admit I have personal reasons for being particularly put out by "are you autistic" being used the same way someone would use "an idiot".
:angel: if it makes you feel better, im autistic:angel:

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Retro Futurist posted:

This is the case. Retracting request not to lynch nazgul and instead placing request on Retro's head. I had the thought that I should've doublechecked but then a wave of :effort: overcame me and I bet on my memory.

I was trying to be shady enough to get somebody to do something stupid, since that's really the only card in my wheelhouse, and instead did something stupid out of impatience.

As a result, I think it's quite fair to demand I give this up earlier than I'd have liked to:

I believe both Somber and RF will be dead shortly, and that nothing we do can stop that. So in addition to just, lol, a wasted lynch, lynching either of them robs us of the ability to a) confirm their claim via their deaths; b) confirm my claim (it is rather outlandish and will require said proof anyway) c) there might be more intel in the way Somber and RF die, if nothing else, so let's not lynch them and lose it. Future sufferers should not claim in order to potentially draw the scumkill?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Sufferer?

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Somber, I get that game is on and we're both as liable to be lying again etc whatever - not only would I never, nobody who had an ounce of skill ever would. Brand newbies are town liabilities, you want them around no matter what your alignment is. Whoever ordered that kill shot themselves in the foot.

idk, someone who is suffering? dying?

...you trying to get me to start listing what ways they might be dying, mush?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_zeiKrRTuk

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Uh Pera are you saying you poisoned me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Retro Futurist posted:

Uh Pera are you saying you poisoned me?

No. Can you tell from your PM that it was poison?

[also god drat it opop we've known each other a year give me my lowercase p]

• Locked thread