Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Crying Man's problem isn't that he's a killer. Lots of dudes in this tournament are killers. His problem is that he only cares about killing.

Like, say you've got giant fisherman grandpa & Sekibayashi talking about their favorite beer or something. Then oh look here comes goddamned Meguro again and the first words out of his mouth are "Boy fellahs, I sure do love killing! I killed a guy just now and it was great! Let's talk about killing..." Not so much as a hi, how you doin'? Just kill-kill-kill all the loving time. Spoils the mood, see?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
You need at least one total psycho murderer in a roster this big.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
I had a dream last night that Charlie Brown was in the Kengan matches. He referenced Ancient Rome a lot when he talked, for some reason.

In "things that actually make sense", I think that Muteba wins here because it's a lot more narratively interesting to keep him around (and his CEO) than having another one of Toyo Electric's ringers stay in.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

hope they both lose and die but the tattoo guys brain goes into the psychopaths body because the doctor gets the corpses

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
When do we get to see tattoo mans penis

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
There's a big uncensored two page spread of it in a few chapters, sorry for spoiling the raws.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Hell yeah

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.
Chapter 70: Madman

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

I like that his backstory doesn't even bother trying to come up with a reason why he's so hosed up. Still hoping for The Strongest African Organism to win though.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i want to see the friendship between two girls

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
that guy's pretty messed up.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Still rooting for Muteba, but I admit Judo-tossing someone to death is a pretty impressive serial killer quirk.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Wow, I can't believe he was literally all about that murder his whole life. Hopefully he doesn't win this one!

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

RareAcumen posted:

Wow, I can't believe he was literally all about that murder his whole life. Hopefully he doesn't win this one!

I think his backstory seals things for a muteba win.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

AtomikKrab posted:

I think his backstory seals things for a muteba win.

I hope it does! We've seen less of him than we have Jun but I'd still be delighted if this was the last block of serious focus he got in the story.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
New chapter - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Kengan-Ashua/Vol-009-Ch-071?id=373978

This is already gorier, bloodier and more brutal than all the previous fights combined. :stare:

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
At this point I want both these jerks to lose.

Edit- I'm also expecting some kind of twist like the Genocider was already blind or something as well otherwise no matter who wins they're both pretty crippled for future fights.

Cirina fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Jul 13, 2017

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Eopia posted:

Edit- I'm also expecting some kind of twist like the Genocider was already blind or something as well otherwise no matter who wins they're both pretty crippled for future fights.

He does have blank white eyes already. Being Amoral African Daredevil does seem possible.

Also eeeeuuurgh this fight is brutal.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

Muteba Gizenga posted:

Tell him yourself

Hell yeah dude. I'm rooting for The Massacring Mercenary all day.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Hey, I warned ya.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Eopia posted:

I actually think this might be the case. Muteba's blank white eyes coupled with his first comment being "your breathing is very heavy" instead of wondering why the gently caress Meguro is crying tears of blood make me believe that he might have already been blind.

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

Muteba might be able to fight again with just his wounds if turns out he really is blind all along but surely Judoman is just plain hosed even if he wins, right? You can't walk away from that poo poo.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Kanos posted:

I actually think this might be the case. Muteba's blank white eyes coupled with his first comment being "your breathing is very heavy" instead of wondering why the gently caress Meguro is crying tears of blood make me believe that he might have already been blind.

Would kind of explain him killing those arms dealers on the boat too.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

ZeroCount posted:

Muteba might be able to fight again with just his wounds if turns out he really is blind all along but surely Judoman is just plain hosed even if he wins, right? You can't walk away from that poo poo.

based on mr ballet caving his skull in earlier, my guess is that judoman has a rare genetic defect and his brain is actually in his stomach or something

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Regardless of brain injury, unless his semicircular canals aren't in his ears, he's completely hosed from a fighting standpoint (I mean, disregarding Anime Logic, but still). His balance will have gone all to poo poo--he'd have a hard time walking, much less fighting.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Venuz Patrol posted:

based on mr ballet caving his skull in earlier, my guess is that judoman has a rare genetic defect and his brain is actually in his stomach or something

Yeah no, this ain't Baki. There's weird medical anomalies but nothing as extreme as that.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST
Che Guevara used a similar attack in Baki, he made a weapon out of his braided hair and would destroy his opponent's inner-ear, causing them to lose their balance

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Meguro himself doesn't seem very interesting (his past was pretty interesting but the dude himself in the present is just a mindless serial killer so far) but those panels of him with the lighting are really neat.

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

Hate-Senpai posted:

Meguro himself doesn't seem very interesting (his past was pretty interesting but the dude himself in the present is just a mindless serial killer so far) but those panels of him with the lighting are really neat.

His fighting style and stance stuff is pretty cool.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Eh, I think Muteba remains the more interesting of two kinda boring murder dudes. Especially if he's blind.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Meguro is an animal and that is cool but White Eyes Black Dragon is way cooler

Aug 24, 2011

huh yeah the african guy daredevil? might take this

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Muteba has a lovely smile

Aug 24, 2011

my god it all makes sense, the women he left in his wake on his way to the arena was due to the power of his third eye

meguro is going to get hosed, as it were

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Well, he did say his :airquote: manhunt :airquote: has started

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Please don't spoil the raws, not everyone knows about his sexual combat techniques yet.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

Just re-read the whole of the translated manga because of the latest chapter, and I can't loving wait to get on over to the other side of the tournament brackets (FISHING GRANDPA! CRAZY MICKEY MOUSE GUY! MURDER DOCTOR x2!)

... then I look at the brackets and see that one or two of them are losing to the Gold Pleasure fighter in their block, and the doctors are fighting each other :smith:

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
i hope fishing grandpa wins because im a fan of the enigmatic outsider type, but also because we all know saw paing's true calling is to join tyson in the commentary booth

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

The real question as well is who are the other fighters owned by Toyo power scarface, We know of 3 and what matches they are/were supposed to be in. We therefore have 3 more hiding in the second side of the bracket.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

AtomikKrab posted:

The real question as well is who are the other fighters owned by Toyo power scarface, We know of 3 and what matches they are/were supposed to be in. We therefore have 3 more hiding in the second side of the bracket.

There is one more fight in the left bracket though.