Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

can i download the updated client now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Real hurthling! posted:

can i download the updated client now

The splatfest client? Should be at the top of the eShop.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Real hurthling! posted:

before fbi closes thread, can someone post the splatoon test fire schedule
Quoting myself because I'm a sport.

Rexroom posted:

:siren: Upcoming Splatfest Schedules :siren:
  • US Cakes vs Ice Cream @ July 15th 15:00 PT - 19:00 PT
  • EU/OC Cakes vs Ice Cream @ July 15th 17:00 GMT - 21:00 GMT / July 16th 8:00 AEST - 12:00 AEST
  • JP Rock vs Pop @ July 15th 17:00 JST - 21:00 JST
Since this is basically a test fire, the festivities will last for a shorter period than in previous happenings. So make due. Following tradition, the results should appear a hour later.

Due to the regional nature of the Splatfests, you can't join the other fests and vice versa unless with another account in that region I guess.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Scaffolding is up in square plaza.:3:

It's almost time.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Nintendo: publish Smash U for Switch with all DLC, plus BoTW Link and Shovel Knight. Sell a million copies goty bing bong so simple

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Will splatfest data migrate to your real save when it's out or is it just a demo thing only?

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

What do I buy next, Implosion or Gonner?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

buy zelda again

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Dizz posted:

Will splatfest data migrate to your real save when it's out or is it just a demo thing only?

AFAIK it's just a demo thing.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Dizz posted:

We don't know. Probably not but that would be cool.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Rexroom posted:

Quoting myself because I'm a sport.

Ausgoons; our Splatfest time is Sunday July 16th, from 8:00am to 12:00pm AEST

SeANMcBAY posted:

We don't know. Probably not but that would be cool.

Nintendo have stated that nothing gets transferred.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

EpicNemesis posted:

A dude on a train had the neon switch
Did you hit on him?

kimpira posted:

I got Levels+ earlier today after watching a gameplay video on youtube. It's a turn-based puzzle game where you merge colored tiles on a grid according to a few rules:

- yellow tiles are treasure; treasure tiles can be merged if they have the same number on them
- blue tiles are heroes; they can merge with other hero tiles with the same number, and they can collect treasures/destroy monsters of equal or lesser value
- monster tiles are red and can't be directly moved or merged with other tiles at all; you have to destroy them with a hero tile.

It reminds me of a slightly more complicated version of Threes but it's surprisingly involving.
I don't think there was a trailer when I looked on the eShop, it was hard to see from the screenshots how the game actually plays. Sounds interesting though.

Has anyone checked out Death Squared or DeMambo? The latter looks...weird. Indie games always just seem to have so much going on, and I can never tell who or what the player is actually controlling. :psyduck:

irlZaphod fucked around with this message at 09:42 on Jul 14, 2017

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Puyo Puyo Tetris is on sale on the eShop in PAL land, it's 20% off (£27.99 / € 32.99)

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005

irlZaphod posted:

Did you hit on him?

I pulled out my switch to show him we were in the same cool club, but he laughed and said "nice grey scrub" so I broke the window and jumped out of the train. In a related story the switch can survive a jump out of a train, even without a screen protector.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

EpicNemesis posted:

I pulled out my switch to show him we were in the same cool club, but he laughed and said "nice grey scrub"
This was me, just FYI :unsmigghh:

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
A quick interview with Ubisoft about their "toys-to-life meets No Man's Sky" game Starlink: Battle for Atlas. By the sound of things, you don't have to buy the extra figures to complete the game, but can complete the game with just the basic set. But you don't even need to buy more plastic junk if need be, you can just buy the digital variant of ship parts.

It will be interesting to see where they'll go with this.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

How much does PPTetris cost in the US eShop at the moment?

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

How much does PPTetris cost in the US eShop at the moment?

Still cheaper than the equivalent EU sale price. It works out to be about £23 in the US shop.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Haha yeah that what I wanted to check thanks.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Rexroom posted:

A quick interview with Ubisoft about their "toys-to-life meets No Man's Sky" game Starlink: Battle for Atlas. By the sound of things, you don't have to buy the extra figures to complete the game, but can complete the game with just the basic set. But you don't even need to buy more plastic junk if need be, you can just buy the digital variant of ship parts.

It will be interesting to see where they'll go with this.

Finally a reason for them to make the junked Arwing amiibo.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Frankston posted:

Still cheaper than the equivalent EU sale price. It works out to be about £23 in the US shop.
Oh lol. I keep forgetting that. It's so bloody stupid.

The one thing I will say is that, so far, they've done a really good job of keeping game releases in line between NA and EU. It was always so frustrating when NA would get WiiU and 3DS stuff months before us. There have been a few exceptions (like BoI or Cave Story, but those are down to Nicalis being terrible, or Bulb Boy/I And Me getting released in one region earlier than the other, but only a week apart), but in general I have been glad to see that the Switch isn't carrying on the bullshit from the WiiU/3DS days.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Finally a reason for them to make the junked Arwing amiibo.

I actually looked that up. The reason it doesn't exist is because it's too pointy for Wee Little Timmy and he might poke his eye out. Well at least that's what I assume from "we weren’t able to turn that into a product that could meet safety guidelines for children.”

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

You do realize that if they can't meet that requirement, they can't legally sell it, right?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

TFRazorsaw posted:

You do realize that if they can't meet that requirement, they can't legally sell it, right?

Oh I'm fully aware of that, just surprised that the Arwing never got made because it's so pointy.

Personally I wish it'd gotten the Xenoblade X treatment and had Nintendo rope Kotobukiya into making a snap-build kit of one :sigh:.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Okay sorry I just have a knee jerk reaction to that sometimes. People go "ugh if they didn't care so much about killing babies we'd have all the cool toys we want" a lot.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I think Nintendo should focus less on not killing babies and more on games. :thunk:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

TFRazorsaw posted:

Okay sorry I just have a knee jerk reaction to that sometimes. People go "ugh if they didn't care so much about killing babies we'd have all the cool toys we want" a lot.

you realize 99.9% of the time, people are saying that in jest.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I've frequented a lot of toy forums over the years. A lot of people say things like that entirely seriously.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

TFRazorsaw posted:

ugh if they didn't care so much about killing babies we'd have all the cool toys we want
:yeah:

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

you don't have to meet safety guidelines for children if you make a product that isn't for children

pretty glaring loophole, really

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

TFRazorsaw posted:

I've frequented a lot of toy forums over the years. A lot of people say things like that entirely seriously.

okay, first step: stop going to toy forums

Edit: http://www.theonion.com/article/fun-toy-banned-because-of-three-stupid-dead-kids-290

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I feel like you can probably make an Arwing figurine without the points being extremely sharp, number one you could just angle the nose downward towards the base so there's no way to actually poke yourself with it.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

The wings are also quite jagged

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Haven't there been other amiibones with pointy bits?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

TFRazorsaw posted:

They're right

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Cojawfee posted:

We've got two versions of Cloud Strife coming out next Friday.

That hair is a safety hazard.

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva

Mega64 posted:

I think Nintendo should focus less on not killing babies and more on games. :thunk:

I don't think they should kill games

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Spellman posted:

The wings are also quite jagged

The problem is the Arwing is all long sharp edges, so you can kinda see where the poking concerns come from.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Cojawfee posted:

Many, but they're usually flimsy or bendable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
My SSB Link has several pointy bits that would be dangerous for a child. Why can't they just put a minimum age on the box like Lego?

• Locked thread