Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

emanresu tnuocca posted:

I know this is a troll and all but goddamnit this is so wrong it still makes me angry. So... god job? I guess?

The Chinese or Japanese thing is literally the first joke of the first exchange between Khan and the Gang

You guys are really lovely Propaniacs, and you, personally, aren't my friend anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
There's something wrong about that boy!

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

I peddle butane and butane supplements.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

My dad says butane's a bastard gas.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Taste the heat not the meat.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
You all honor me by giving me gas.

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
So we're just doing quotes from other TV shows right

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

We drove across 2 thousand subforums for this?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

I aquit.

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

That DICK! posted:

The Chinese or Japanese thing is literally the first joke of the first exchange between Khan and the Gang

You guys are really lovely Propaniacs, and you, personally, aren't my friend anymore

Propane Maniacs :colbert:

*in Mike's voice* What is this, the local?

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
Ain't no shame in holding on to grief, as long as you make room for other things too.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Numb arm! Narm! Narm!

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

I think all right-thinking people in this thread are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this thread with being sick and tired.

I am certainly not.

(And I am sick and tired of being told that I am.)

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
TJ Miller's post-Silicon Valley career is off to a hot start.

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/tj-miller-women-arent-as-funny-as-men-w493883

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
https://twitter.com/EmojiMovie/status/889533267287744513

Congrats, emoji movie.

Patrick Stewart looks overjoyed to be there.

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I sure do feel the "impermanence of life" weigh less heavy on my soul after having TJ Miller stimulate hitherto unused thinking muscles by pointing out female comics constantly talk about the vagina. Political correctness: 0, TJ Miller (The Emoji Movie): 1

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Great, because the world didn't have enough artists with their heads up their rear end. Very original Miller.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

priznat posted:

https://twitter.com/EmojiMovie/status/889533267287744513

Congrats, emoji movie.

Patrick Stewart looks overjoyed to be there.

The liquid stains all over his shirt really make the photo.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

He also doesn't think kids deserve to laugh as much as adults.

https://twitter.com/PunishedHag/status/888222306119467012

They updated that article by inserting TJ's response to it, but I don't believe him. He's intensely high off his own ego.

get that OUT of my face fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Jul 26, 2017

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

get that OUT of my face posted:

He also doesn't think kids deserve to laugh as much as adults.

https://twitter.com/PunishedHag/status/888222306119467012

They updated that article by inserting TJ's response to it, but I don't believe him. He's intensely high off his own ego.

I'm starting to come around because it's looking more and more likely that he's going for an Andy Kaufman thing.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

PostNouveau posted:

I'm starting to come around because it's looking more and more likely that he's going for an Andy Kaufman thing.

It absolutely is. He's an absurdist. This is what he does. I loving love it personally as I often behave the same way.

Now, being an absurdist comes from like... one of the deeper levels of insecurity - so I wouldn't say it's a *positive* trait necessarily. But I totally identify with it.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Yeah this seems like the most important quote from that piece

“It’s more important to be polarizing than neutralizing,” he added. “That’s my position. … People need a villain, and I’m occupying that space.”

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

bawfuls posted:

Yeah this seems like the most important quote from that piece

“It’s more important to be polarizing than neutralizing,” he added. “That’s my position. … People need a villain, and I’m occupying that space.”

He's being super blunt about what he's doing and a bunch of people are still reacting like he's serious. Maybe it's just an element of people only reading headlines.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

BonoMan posted:

It absolutely is. He's an absurdist. This is what he does. I loving love it personally as I often behave the same way.

Now, being an absurdist comes from like... one of the deeper levels of insecurity - so I wouldn't say it's a *positive* trait necessarily. But I totally identify with it.

Please do not act the same way TJ Miller does in interviews

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

SunshineDanceParty posted:

He's being super blunt about what he's doing and a bunch of people are still reacting like he's serious. Maybe it's just an element of people only reading headlines.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Puppy Galaxy posted:

Please do not act the same way TJ Miller does in interviews

That is, uh, not what exactly what I meant.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

But it's not that. He's shares what he's doing before the gently caress Off Retard. The gently caress Off Retard is the Retard because he didn't read the next paragraph.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah except it's also not that funny. He's kind of just coming off like a turd.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

He doesn't have the comedic chops to pull a move like this off. He's not funny enough to pretend to not be funny like Kaufman did.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

I agree with that. Miller isn't the guy to do this whole bit well.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

If it was like, Nathan Fielder or something I'd probably be on board. This, however just sort of seems like a legit meltdown thinly veiled as comedy.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

its not like he isnt funny, its just that the vast majority of people dont find absurdist humor funny because its their first exposure to him.

Listening to his podcast even, its rarely the highlight of any of the episodes and what is usually the funniest bit is regular story/anecdotal comedy, or the in-jokes with the other host, which is what I think most peoples only exposure to absurdist comedy is.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Everything T.J. Miller does is extreme long game promotion for Cashing In with T.J Miller.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
After hearing Miller describe how he was acting before they discovered his brain tumor...I wonder if the tumor is back

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
If that's what he's aiming for, he's in trouble, because Andy Kaufman wasn't funny, and TJ Miller has even less charisma. Oh well, he got confused as to whether I was tuning in to watch Silicon Valley or to watch TJ Miller, that's fine, there's other loud people that good writers can write for.

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007
TJ Miller is basically a white bill Cosby

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Poppyseed Poundcake posted:

Wait, does he drug women and rape them?

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
How is "female comedians aren't funny, they only talk about their vaginas" absurdist humour?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Reminder that Mel Brooks and WB cartoons use absurdist humor, so it's not like he's even close to doing that "medium" well either. I think he's not as funny or important as he thinks he is and once this cache of movies is over he may very well slip into obscurity, or wind up just doing voice over commercials the rest of his life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Poppyseed Poundcake posted:

gently caress off with this poo poo. You may not like him but don't compare him to a rapist.

• Locked thread