Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
Nintendo's cultivating a reputation as 'the company that thinks of children first' even where it's not required by law or where it's inconvenient for consumers (then they release underage titty-based fighter games anyway but whatever)

I guess it's more about image than legally absolving themselves from responsibility?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spellman
May 31, 2011

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I don't think it's about thinking of children first, in the case of online chat etc they probably just don't want any parents complaining or suing because Little Johnny heard someone say "gently caress" while playing his Nintendo.

Also they don't develop or publish Senran Kagura, and those games are rated M by ESRB anyway.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

feel sorry for those 5 people with bad docks. the rest of us have perfect docks for our perfect system.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

bandaid.friend posted:

Nintendo's cultivating a reputation as 'the company that thinks of children first' even where it's not required by law or where it's inconvenient for consumers (then they release underage titty-based fighter games anyway but whatever)

I guess it's more about image than legally absolving themselves from responsibility?

https://twitter.com/DXPofficial/status/885695447649669120

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Cojawfee posted:

My SSB Link has several pointy bits that would be dangerous for a child. Why can't they just put a minimum age on the box like Lego?

Because they know kids have no chance at getting to the stores to buy them before the adult amiibo hunters get there.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

This is such an amazing burn. Street Fighter's gonna be on ESPN2.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
The song that plays during the character creation of the splatoon 2 demo sounds exactly like a theme song from a kid's show

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Lakbay posted:

The song that plays during the character creation of the splatoon 2 demo sounds exactly like a theme song from a kid's show

You'd swear blind the music for Splatoon's single-player levels was done by the guy responsible for the soundtrack of Rugrats.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Preordered Spla2n physical off of Amazon. I'll play it for a month of so and if I don't like it I'll sell it back for a minimal loss.

I have a feeling I'll like it though.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

irlZaphod posted:

I don't think it's about thinking of children first, in the case of online chat etc they probably just don't want any parents complaining or suing because Little Johnny heard someone say "gently caress" while playing his Nintendo.

Also they don't develop or publish Senran Kagura, and those games are rated M by ESRB anyway.
That's pretty much what I was saying. They could just put a disclaimer in (like everyone else) that 'experience changes online', but they choose to restrict chat and use friend codes instead. Same deal with flavouring catridges. I think it's more about public perception of their company than protecting themselves legally. Creating a perception that you're thinking about kids first is a different concept to actually thinking about kids first

e: also i was responding to the post before mine regarding the arwing but i didn't quote it and it was on another page so i'm sorry i wasn't clear on what i was on about

bandaid.friend fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Jul 14, 2017

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Beastie posted:

Preordered Spla2n physical off of Amazon. I'll play it for a month of so and if I don't like it I'll sell it back for a minimal loss.

I have a feeling I'll like it though.

getting digital because I had no idea what a loving ORDEAL it'd be to switch between the BotW and Binding of Isaac carts

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

deadly_pudding posted:

This is such an amazing burn. Street Fighter's gonna be on ESPN2.

They're showing SFV on Disney as well.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/885891807774724097

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

does new donk city have a standing army? What kind of economy are we looking at here

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Banana based

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Zelder posted:

does new donk city have a standing army? What kind of economy are we looking at here
Pauline's new donk makes my army stand

...banana.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Zelder posted:

who do you think built all those skyscrapers? sure they may have named it New Donk City but I bet the Donks still got a raw deal

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Pauline is only bringing in Mario as a spectacle to distract from the ongoing investigation into her and her election campaign's collusion with Sherbert Land

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

CrashCat posted:

who do you think built all those skyscrapers? sure they may have named it New Donk City but I bet the Donks still got a raw deal

Can't believe that SMRPG is finally getting a sequel

Only registered members can see post attachments!

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
pauline started to dress real snazzy in the last 40 years

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

I heard new donk city has a real gentrification problem

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

mandatory lesbian posted:

pauline started to dress real snazzy in the last 40 years

she's a mayor now, she's not gonna be wearing that club dress to meetings with the head of sanitation.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

What has to happen

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Guy Goodbody posted:

she's a mayor now, she's not gonna be wearing that club dress to meetings with the head of sanitation.

The real reason Daisy is never invited to important delegations.

She shows up in her shorts saying she came straight from the gym.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Zelder posted:

Guerilla forces are a constant threat to New Donk City.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Viewtiful Jew posted:

The real reason Daisy is never invited to important delegations.

She shows up in her shorts saying she came straight from the gym.

Hi I'm lazy!

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
I suspect there is in fact no acknowledged Sarasaland ruling class and that Daisy is as much a ruler of it as King Dedede is over Dream Land.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I wonder if the population of New Donk City look at the Mushroom Kingdom as a quaint anachronism, like Liechtenstein

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
Excuse me? What is this?

*Throws amiibo straight in the trash.*

As a connoisseur, I only accept the pointiest of children's toys.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

"Mayor Pauline will now be taking questions....yes, you there."
(Stands up, clears throat)
"Stardew when?"

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Viewtiful Jew posted:

I suspect there is in fact no acknowledged Sarasaland ruling class and that Daisy is as much a ruler of it as King Dedede is over Dream Land.

Sarasaland is run by a democratically elected tricameral legislature. The princess is a historical figurehead.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

shes good

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Pauline is the first woman to sit in the oval office in the Donk House

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

You may ask, "Why do they call it the donk house?" The answer is simple. Because it's donk.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
I was wondering when this was going to happen, considering how Microsoft and Nintendo (Or I guess The Pokemon Company specifically) are in regards to Minecraft these days.

At least now it won't be awkward when an official Pokemon Minecraft pack is announced.

Or, as awkward.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Viewtiful Jew posted:

King Dedede is definitely the king and I will hear no different

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Is there any way to choose where something gets downloaded to? It seems everything just gets bumped onto the sd card no matter what and I have no choice in the matter. The only way I can see is to take out the sd card when I want to put something on internal storage, is that what I'm going to have to do to get Splatoon2 there?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I don't think loading times will be any lower than matchmaking time in any event

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Are the differences between something being on internal memory, on an SD card, or on a game card really that significant?

• Locked thread