Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
https://clips.twitch.tv/ThoughtfulRelatedStingraySoonerLater

I'm glad is on top of beds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

TheAgent posted:

unless they get 3.0 out to evocati in the next 15 to 20 days, you can kiss a 3.0 gamescom release goodbye

which is actually good for CIG, because if they release this buggy mess beforehand it's going to loving tank potential sales

lol, who cares about 3.0

TIME FOR A SHIP SALE

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/1/thread/spaceship-prices/319152

Kromlech
Jun 28, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Star Citizen should be used to diagnose Stockholm Syndrome

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

ManofManyAliases posted:

You're in luck: I hear the LOD devs are sprinting through the last mile.

Wrong thread.

this link won't work well this the livestream is over I guess: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGqZE-bTdYg&t=2685s

Disco Lando posted:

Nothing you see today is what Star Citizen will be a year from now

:yarg: :gary:

Virtual Captain fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Jul 14, 2017

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
hail kitler

why do the bad guys always use hail

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer
last one

https://clips.twitch.tv/EndearingTallJayNomNom

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer
loving amateurs

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
such dodgy question answering about the lamest mechanic

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot
so what I gathered from this happy hour, nothing gameplay is actually going to be in 3.0, everything visual. dumb derelicts, pretty landscapes, and new ships.

Cargo: simple crates place and drop

Orbits: not in

Planets: not in

Trading with Players: Not in

Shared missions: not in

Mining: Not in

god drat lol, so whats the next jesus patch?

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer

his nibs posted:

loving amateurs

That's probably harsh - disorganized chaos may be more apt.

I know nothing about failure development

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
:godwinning:

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
wtf is a cyclone and why is it only $45

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

is the 7 million poly jacket in?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Still no loving clue how logging out will work.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
So tell me, guy who has been working on Star Citizen behind closed doors, how will logging out affect your ship / player character if you don't have a bed in your ship?

UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH *live feed cuts inexplicably*

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Snazzy Frocks posted:

hail kitler

why do the bad guys always use hail

Not always; Heil Hydra for example.

Oh, you think Shield are the good guys?

In more games-as-scams news;

http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2017/07/11/wtf-is-going-on-with-wild-west-online

tl;dr - the DayZ developers may be back and producing another piece of poo poo.

quote:

Developer 612 Games, meanwhile, is described as being “comprised of numerous industry veterans who collectively have over a century of development and production experience. Our team have worked for over a decade specifically in the open-world PC MMO survival genre, and have contributed to titles like League Of Legends, the Crysis series, Ryse, Armored Warfare, Neverwinter Nights, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Star Trek Online and many, many others.”
I have also played some of those games.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Hav posted:

...over and over and over and over again.

Quite a long wait for that, since the Idris will be rare, and you'll need to wait weeks until your replacement Idris is hand built by npcs actually intelligent enough to build a starship. Gameplay in these circumstances becomes primarily visual, as you watch the npcs mine the ore that will one day be your ship, from a field of 27 million asteroids all rotating on individual axes, while a 1000 player space battle rages in the background.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer
http://playola.co/posts/9e4c6a

I don't know how to embed that with sound sorry

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
nett

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

TheAgent posted:

wtf is a cyclone and why is it only $45
5 variants $45-$75

an easy to swallow price + gotta catch 'em all = loan repaid suck it goonies

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
You can tell the Cyclone is another speeder bike star wars ripoff because of its price

They are also faster to make because they aren't ships.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Hav posted:

Not always; Heil Hydra for example.

Oh, you think Shield are the good guys?

In more games-as-scams news;

http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2017/07/11/wtf-is-going-on-with-wild-west-online

tl;dr - the DayZ developers may be back and producing another piece of poo poo.

I have also played some of those games.

The War Z not DayZ, though dean hall is almost as lovely as sergey titov

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer
Okay ONE more

I'm glad is on top of ..

mooons

https://clips.twitch.tv/HeadstrongEnchantingVanillaKevinTurtle

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Don't worry, they only RECENTLY created the TEST level for it.

Well ahead of schedule for this MMO universe!

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

big nipples big life posted:

They love to go on about how devastated people on SA will be if the game comes out and is good when in reality it will be "well poo poo, I can't believe they managed to pull it off lol" as you kamakazi your starter ship into the bridge of an idris.

*Stolen starter ship

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer

Jobbo_Fett posted:

3.0 is imminent!

less than two weeks

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

his nibs posted:

3.0 is imminent!

less than two weeks

Star Citizen: Can't. Wait.

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007
"Will the moons actually be rotating around the planets?"

"I don't know"

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

The Saddest Robot posted:

"Will the moons actually be rotating around the planets?"

"I don't know"

No orbital mechanics.

Called it.

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

Jobbo_Fett posted:

"hopeful"

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
https://imgur.com/gallery/9iwKw

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Torquemada posted:

Quite a long wait for that, since the Idris will be rare, and you'll need to wait weeks until your replacement Idris is hand built by npcs actually intelligent enough to build a starship. Gameplay in these circumstances becomes primarily visual, as you watch the npcs mine the ore that will one day be your ship, from a field of 27 million asteroids all rotating on individual axes, while a 1000 player space battle rages in the background.

As long as the debris from my ship completely clogs carrier operations while the severed fist of my pilot lazily describes the bird outside of the doofy bridge windows.

Oh, and I exclusively play female avatars, so it'll be immaculately and fiercely manicured.

big nipples big life posted:

The War Z not DayZ, though dean hall is almost as lovely as sergey titov

Apologies, they've kinda merged a bit. I think there's a new tactic here though; shadow a popular and anticipated game while building a piece of poo poo intended to both pass off _and_ cream off people who ended up with Frans Tromers for Christmas. All marketing and no substance until the developers quietly abandon the project.

Oh, wait, it's not a new tactic. :catstare:

XK posted:

No orbital mechanics.

Called it.

Was it in your July blog? This is quite important.

Hav fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Jul 14, 2017

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

nawledgelambo posted:

so what I gathered from this happy hour, nothing gameplay is actually going to be in 3.0, everything visual. dumb derelicts, pretty landscapes, and new ships.

Cargo: simple crates place and drop

Orbits: not in

Planets: not in

Trading with Players: Not in

Shared missions: not in

Mining: Not in

god drat lol, so whats the next jesus patch?

I've heard that part of the 3.0 hold up is that Jesus is looking to have any connection to the patch removed being it will be so disappointing it could tarnish his brand.

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

"I have very recently created the test level..."

So what exactly made them think 3.0 last year was nothing more than a bald faced lie?

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

quote:

Where is Squadron 92, • The displeasure after the cancelled demo for SQL2 was huge, but everyone who knows CIG for a bit longer knows why it wasn't shown. At first there was the new planet tech. SQ42 is C.R.'s baby. And everything has to be perfect. Gamestar speculates, that C.R. want to have the planet tech also in SQ42 (!speculation!). An additional reason was the work on the AI. Until last year. They worked on Pythera and CryAL but C.R. didn't want two systems. Brian Chambers: the foundation has to be perfect for such an important part of the game. They had to make half a step backwards and build R right. Both systems got merged together into the subsumption AI.

To. about SQ42?: "It's going".
Brian: "I would like to show and say so much more". He sees every week all these cinematics and epic space-fights and then he always thinks: "what are procedural planets?! Look at this!".

But they can't they anything about that. AR the animations and their quality are the same in SQ42 and SC. Brian: "It needs more time, but they think it was the right decision. We make good progress, but the core elements they develop for 3.0 are also needed for SQL42. So the work at the NPCs are necessary for SQL42 to achieve such high-level animations, mimics and behaviour. They really want a high quality for the characters. Everything must be better or at the same quality as everything in other comparable games. And I am not happy until we reached this goal. For Star Citizen, I show features when they are not ready and polished, but for SQ42?, I don't want to do this. If I show it has to be like Activision or Bethesda is unveiling a new game at E3, only with the difference that everything we show is ingame."

According to C.., no work got wasted from last years Vertical Slice of SQ42. The team decided to not show any work in progress show last year. He wants to show the finished system without any compromise solution and workarounds. With the current status is C.R. very happy:"When the people see it. they will understand and they will be very happy about it". It's done when it's done. If we can see SQL42 didn't want C.R. us to tell.
OCR

Hav fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Jul 14, 2017

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

lmao they don't have poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
you will feel quief