Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Jamuraan posted:

:angel: if it makes you feel better, im autistic:angel:

It makes us feel better that you're dead.

peramene posted:

No. Can you tell from your PM that it was poison?

[also god drat it opop we've known each other a year give me my lowercase p]

What are you claiming to know here, Pera?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I don't play with a poisoner a lot. Is it normal to have it not be told that you're poisoned?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

##vote peramene

I don't believe her claim.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

peramene posted:

No. Can you tell from your PM that it was poison?

You just told me I was probably going to die

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Jedit posted:

What are you claiming to know here, Pera?

This game is not simple. Nightphase is very complicated. There are multiple killing parties and potentially multiple counters to those killing parties. Poisoner is on my list. There are some others on my list, and with the number of - okay, mush - TARGETS that have claimed, poo poo is going to get very real tomorrow.

Assuming they're being honest, Somber and RF are going to be dead. If it's poison, that means they'll be dead at the conclusion of the next night phase - assuming this poisoner works the same way the wiki describes. I've never played with either a poisoner or one of my role before.

Jedit posted:

##vote peramene

I don't believe her claim.

I've fallen for this trick before - I'm happy to claim explicitly, but I don't think it's a good idea and it might very well have some plum-deadly consequences.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Retro Futurist posted:

You just told me I was probably going to die

okay

I'm rubbing my eyes here because assuming poison would be SO in-character for you, but now that we're here -- did you assume poison or is it poison?

I have a number of other potential killing methods on my list.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

gently caress

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
pera

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ok am I missing a post where you claim something or what?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Like can we be clear here pera? You targeted me with a killing action and you're unsure what it was?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
"oh boy sure can't wait to sign up for a simple game of mafia." - me, a dumbass

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Seems hard to believe someone could poison two people in one night in a game this size, but I guess something where one or the other may die is possible

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Whatever you've got, pera, you're past the point of being cagey. I just played scum with you our last game together, I know exactly how good you are at making up a story.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

No one else claim anything yet, please.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

PMush Perfect posted:

No one else claim anything yet, please.

I'm just gonna claim that I wasn't smug last night, I was frustrated by that Jam thing because there is a difference between a scum faking a meltdown or melting down because they are being called scum for the wrong reason, and a town meltdown. At least to me. Jam was sooooooo clearly town.

Anyway, I was also tired from lack of sleep and lots of travel so apologies if I came off smug or whatevs.

Also I still have a lot of somber suspicion.

And now pera suspicion

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Yeah you're really going to need to full claim at this point pera

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Hal Incandenza posted:

Also I still have a lot of somber suspicion.

And now pera suspicion

how do you justify these two viewpoints?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

peramene posted:

This game is not simple. Nightphase is very complicated. There are multiple killing parties and potentially multiple counters to those killing parties. Poisoner is on my list. There are some others on my list, and with the number of - okay, mush - TARGETS that have claimed, poo poo is going to get very real tomorrow.

Assuming they're being honest, Somber and RF are going to be dead. If it's poison, that means they'll be dead at the conclusion of the next night phase - assuming this poisoner works the same way the wiki describes. I've never played with either a poisoner or one of my role before.

What the hell is this post even.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Somberbrero posted:

how do you justify these two viewpoints?

What do I need to justify?

Heck, if I believe pera (which I don't know that to think) you guys could somehow be two separate teams.

I am also just waking up, so maybe I missed something that says you two cannot possibly be on the same team?

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Cool.

As obnoxiously breadcrumbed yesterday, I am third party but prefer to be town-aligned. As not-completely-breadcrumbed-but-I-was-working-on-it, I'm a bounty hunter. I win by securing the deaths of third party killers and then there's a list of five total 3p killing roles.

Arsonist, Assassin, Ninja, Poisoner, and Serial Killer.

I don't want to come out and say "these five assholes are here; from the PM and flavor of "somebody blocking the aisle at a supermarket," it seems to me far more likely that only some of these powers are here and I'm trying to identify which and what and who they've been used on. My PM doesn't explicitly state I have to win with town but that I can, and obviously that's much easier.

I was being cagey to try to draw out information to use to this end.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hal Incandenza posted:

What do I need to justify?

Heck, if I believe pera (which I don't know that to think) you guys could somehow be two separate teams.

I am also just waking up, so maybe I missed something that says you two cannot possibly be on the same team?

Oh I see because you are saying something happened to you too. You were the second person.

Sorry, that still doesn't clear you. Maybe you are ~lying~ and knew Opop was gonna say something happened to him and you wanted to confuse it by claiming it happened to you to as well. Maybe a million other things.

I'm just going on my feel from your posting so far. It has been pinging me from the get go.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

peramene posted:

Cool.

As obnoxiously breadcrumbed yesterday, I am third party but prefer to be town-aligned. As not-completely-breadcrumbed-but-I-was-working-on-it, I'm a bounty hunter. I win by securing the deaths of third party killers and then there's a list of five total 3p killing roles.

I don't want to come out and say "these five assholes are here; from the PM and flavor of "somebody blocking the aisle at a supermarket," it seems to me far more likely that only some of these powers are here and I'm trying to identify which and what and who they've been used on. My PM doesn't explicitly state I have to win with town but that I can, and obviously that's much easier.

Gee as just a vanilla town I feel hopeless in this game then.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Hal Incandenza posted:

What the hell is this post even.

[We were told the game was going to be nightphase-simple, and since v. early day one I've been saying that is not the case.] There are multiple killing parties and potentially multiple counters to those killing parties. [I am such a counter] Poisoner is on my list. There are some others on my list, and with the number of... targets that have claimed, poo poo is going to get very real tomorrow.

[If they are poisoned,] Somber and RF are going to be dead... at the conclusion of the next night phase - assuming this poisoner works the same way the [SA Mafia] wiki describes. I've never played with either a poisoner or [bounty hunter] before.

Does that help?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

peramene posted:

Cool.

what

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

peramene posted:

[We were told the game was going to be nightphase-simple, and since v. early day one I've been saying that is not the case.] There are multiple killing parties and potentially multiple counters to those killing parties. [I am such a counter] Poisoner is on my list. There are some others on my list, and with the number of... targets that have claimed, poo poo is going to get very real tomorrow.

[If they are poisoned,] Somber and RF are going to be dead... at the conclusion of the next night phase - assuming this poisoner works the same way the [SA Mafia] wiki describes. I've never played with either a poisoner or [bounty hunter] before.

Does that help?
[Are the brackets supposed to mean something]

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

peramene posted:

Does that help?

Hard to buy that the SK, assassin (what is that again) and ninja all hit the same person last night

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
sounds hella fake to me imo but I do feel like the claim is way too crazy for someone to think up

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Yeah, okay, no, this sounds like exactly the kind of shoot-the-moon gambit she and I would have come up with.

##vote peramene

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Incidentally, since I was doing my best not to give it away - since Somber mentioned "something happening" to him.

It's conceivable that Somber could be lying, but I don't think anybody brought up the question of 3p killers before he said he'd been targeted (and I'm gonna doublecheck that atm.) So I'm inclined to think not. That opop also claims to have experienced a something, presuming both are being honest because why the gently caress would they lie about that this early, and the wording of the nightkill flip, I am feeling like there are more 3p killers than I initially anticipated and am very much regretting saying anything.

PMush Perfect posted:

[Are the brackets supposed to mean something]

(This is how edits are done in professional writing, I was replacing things from the original with clearer phrasings - I was hoping)

Hal Incandenza posted:

Hard to buy that the SK, assassin (what is that again) and ninja all hit the same person last night

That is not my assertion, and this sort of misdirection is exactly what I was afraid of -- I do not believe all roles are represented, I believe I am meant to figure out which ones are active.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

peramene posted:

Does that help?

Please elaborate on how you are a counter... do you have any power besides your vote and knowledge of these supposed 3rd party people

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Somber, RF, would you please clarify further on what happened to you last night?

Hal Incandenza posted:

Please elaborate on how you are a counter... do you have any power besides your vote and knowledge of these supposed 3rd party people

Since I am likely toast regardless - if I can submit name and killing power at night, they die. I also enjoy limited immunity to their attacks.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

D1 kill flavor was "launched into the sun" so I dunno that "sliced and diced" means all that much, guess time will tell with more flips

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

peramene posted:

Cool.

So what you're saying is that there are multiple 3Ps in this game plus however many scum, but the first two deaths of the game have been VT. You've also been 100% positive that two people were targeted by Poisoners when in a game with a Ninja there would have to be a Tracker, and that there are multiple 3P kills despite there only having been one kill on N1.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

peramene posted:

[3] Thinking about it... [3] with 100% sincerity...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_zeiKrRTuk [3 & bounty hunter]

"pmush"... you scum? [3]

three sentences with three words and first use of GB&U music

peramene posted:

[3] Reasons! Worry not.

One sentence, three words, in response to Somber asking me why I would give away so much about my role.

peramene posted:

[cover] "they're voting me for no reason!"

[1] "HERE'S SEVENTY REASONS TO VOTE BIG J"

'have we considered that maybe he--'

[2] "HERE'S THREE MORE"

'I'm bitterly not voting J because out of game ethics have n--'

[3] "JUST TRY AND loving STOP ME"

Three sentences in capital, cover, and the word "three" dead center (but not originally bolded.)

peramene posted:

good loving god there's THIRT---

lol

THIRTEEN OF US; why is this poo poo moving so slowly

13 = 3 but still sort of cover; I was trying very hard to be obnoxious enough to draw their attacks as a social-lightning rod but not so obnoxious that I was blatantly obvious to scum (RIP) if they're even out there

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Jedit posted:

So what you're saying is that there are multiple 3Ps in this game plus however many scum, but the first two deaths of the game have been VT. You've also been 100% positive that two people were targeted by Poisoners when in a game with a Ninja there would have to be a Tracker, and that there are multiple 3P kills despite there only having been one kill on N1.

not at all; also I have done my best to be clear I am not 100% positive - I even made a mistake on the way in. in the process of grabbing my 3readcrumbs, rereading reveals it is actually 3 (lol) self-identified targets; I realize now that I blew nazgul's cover and he'll be dead soon, too.

redneck nazgul posted:

##vote peramene

I haven't mentioned something happening to me last night. Elaborate, if you don't mind.

redneck nazgul posted:

I haven't claimed that anything happened to me.

If peramene has information about it, there's two main possibilities that come to mind.

A: peramene did something targeting Somber and I.

B: peramene didn't target me, but knows someone did, and let it slip.

Without further explanation, I think it stinks.

redneck nazgul posted:

I wouldn't be this anally retentive about not claiming anything if nothing had actually happened.

I cannot say for certain that any of these roles are active, only that I have immunity to their kill methods and that I want to see to their deaths. I have a way to kill them myself but that's not necessary for me to win. I don't know what I'm hunting for, just that I'm hunting for them. I don't have to "kill all five" or anything like that.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
tl;dr -

a) I breadcrumbed as best as I was able
b) As a result of overplaying my hand today, if there ARE scum, I am almost certainly dead tonight
c) Somber, RF, and nazgul have all explicitly stated that something happened to them last night; RF offered poisoner and I was disappointed he did.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
and before anybody even loving hits me with "three word sentences don't mean poo poo"; I am not exactly known for my brevity Q E D lmao

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I was told that I felt sick, that's it

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Retro Futurist posted:

I was told that I felt sick, that's it

in tandem with the fact that you'll be dead tomorrow morning, poisoner is a pretty decent assumption, then. sorry to be the bearer of ill tidings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
i'm not clarifying poo poo. you should get dunked. if this game really have a huge number of killers it's entirely decided by night actions and i don't care too much anyway.

• Locked thread