Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Primpin and Pimpin
Sep 2, 2011

Beelerzebub posted:

Ice cream cake > Ice Cream > Cake

This is the supreme truth. I will splat anyone who disagrees.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat

Beelerzebub posted:

Ice cream cake > Ice Cream > Cake

Unless you're at a 12-year-old's birthday party there's no excuse for eating ice cream cake

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

i once ate this real great ice cream "cake" that substituted the cake with gelato and the crispy chocolate shell stuff that you see on sundaes for the frosting. it was p good and also expensive

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Friends, we haven't even discussed cookie cake

I'd take that over any ice cream

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Kirios posted:

Friends, we haven't even discussed cookie cake

I'd take that over any ice cream

I so want a cookie cake but I'd just eat it all and feel bad at my old age.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Cookie cake is bullshit

It's just a giant cookie

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

I came here to laugh at you.

da beeper king BABY posted:

Unless you're at a 12-year-old's birthday party there's no excuse for eating ice cream cake

What if I just want ice cream cake?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Lemme ask the real question here:

On your birthday, do you want delicious cake to celebrate your day or a cup of ordinary ice cream? You know your parents love you, so why on earth would they offer ice cream on the best day of your life? Makes one think.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

DalaranJ posted:

Ice cream is an inferior dessert because it causes ice cream headaches. It also melts. It's reliance on temperature is it's downfall.

Just eat it a tiny bit slower :v:

Cake is inferior because its dry and chokes up your mouth. There's a few rare good cakes, but most cake is pretty meh really once you get past the frosting. Its just bread with sugar on top.

Meanwhile Icecream is tasty dairy goodness.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Rexroom posted:

On your birthday, do you want delicious cake to celebrate your day or a cup of ordinary ice cream? You know your parents love you, so why on earth would they offer ice cream on the best day of your life? Makes one think.

Whoa don't bring birthdays into this, that's like trying claim turkey is better than chicken because of Thanksgiving.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

tap my mountain posted:

Whoa don't bring birthdays into this, that's like trying claim turkey is better than chicken because of Thanksgiving.

lol if you wouldn't get down on some Thanksgiving chicken

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Rexroom posted:

On my birthday I want nice cold icecream with a nice hot peach cobbler. The contrast is absolutely delicious.

Meanwhile soggy cake is just bad.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Dr Cheeto posted:

lol if you wouldn't get down on some Thanksgiving chicken

You know I would, turkey sucks

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

Rexroom posted:

Why do you complement your cake with ice cream?

Because cake dries out your mouth.

Also, in order to make a single distinction:
Cheesecake > Ice Cream Cake > Ice Cream > Cake

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Rexroom posted:

I've pretty much always had Carvel ice cream cake on my birthday, going on #39 this year. The couple of times we did regular cake instead were disappointing.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

CuddlyZombie posted:

Books? Worldbuilding?

Is this a famous (in indie circles) guy?

I'unno about famous, but he's p popular. A lot of his raunchier stuff is basically to get more followers - the stuff he actually goes with is more like this:

His books are filled with landscape and interior shots, it's a hoot to go through the details. But mostly I buy his stuff because of the Korpiklaani references he puts in everything - he's an enormous music nerd.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

The top one gives me Dookie vibes, and the second one looks like it could be the picture on the back of an album or the insert.

Big Nubbins
Jun 1, 2004

Rexroom posted:

I always asked my mom to make pie. Pie is great with ice cream.

Cake pmuch just sucks.

Is this a point or counterpoint because those pics fill me with utter revulsion.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Beelerzebub posted:

The top one gives me Dookie vibes, and the second one looks like it could be the picture on the back of an album or the insert.
Second one reminds me of early Gorillaz art.

19 hours.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Zaphod42 posted:

On my birthday I want nice cold icecream with a nice hot peach cobbler. The contrast is absolutely delicious.

Shame Boner posted:

I always asked my mom to make pie. Pie is great with ice cream.

Cake pmuch just sucks.

:) :hf: :)

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Shame Boner posted:

Is this a point or counterpoint because those pics fill me with utter revulsion.

im sorry that u are defective

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

If Ice Cream Cake is booth ice cream and cake, then Cookie Cake is also cookie and cake.

If I had one single choice for my birthday (and I have made this decision, even as an adult because gently caress you it's my birthday), the choice is cookie cake, easily.

Also, a top of the line cake beats top of the line ice cream.

Ice cream is the easy answer for people who are short sighted and only think of the instant gratification that is mediocre ice cream. But, once you sit down to look at it, and think of the wide variety of applications and flavor profiles something like a truly well defined cake provides, then the answer has to be cake.

It's not too late friends, come into the light...the light of a delicious, moist, multi layered cake.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
bad cake is really bad like we're talkin' trash here; bad ice cream is merely mediocre I guess so I guess it wins on that front

but tres leches cake and tiramisu exist so I'm conflicted... do those both count as strictly "cake"

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

A cake is essentially a baked desert. Tiramisu, which is a god tier cake, certainly fits.

See, this is how smart, rational, well rounded individuals think. You have to go outside the box to realize the proper answer to this.

Edit: A pie is a cake. A meringue is a cake. A custard is a cake.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Kirios posted:

Edit: A pie is a cake.

:frogout:

I'll accept tiaramasu as cake, but not loving pie. No sir/m'am.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Can we go ahead and get the alignment chart for cake please, thanks.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Kirios posted:

Edit: A pie is a cake.

Don't be rude to pie

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

At its basic concept, yes, a pie is a cake.

Cake is an extremely broad definition. You're thinking too narrow minded.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I really appreciate nintendo's ability to take advantage of the internet's tendency to argue to the death about the dumbest poo poo

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Ban this sick filth

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
BORN TO BAKE
pie is a cake
frost em all 1989
434,765,823 dead ice creams

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I couldn't really tell you the taste difference between ice cream and gelato. The latter is creamier I guess?

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/885986829782065152

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

kidcoelacanth posted:

I really appreciate nintendo's ability to take advantage of the internet's tendency to argue to the death about the dumbest poo poo

Just wait until the great Bagels VS Pancakes war.

Edit: poo poo a haunted Callie doll snuck up on Reggie in that pic.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Leave the splatgun.

Take the cannoli.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Just wait until the great Bagels VS Pancakes war.

Waffles vs Pancakes is the one that's gonna end the world

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

kidcoelacanth posted:

Waffles vs Pancakes is the one that's gonna end the world

Waffles get a gigantic boost in support from anyone who enjoys chicken with said waffles.

That's why I left it off it would almost be too cruel to pancakes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

WarpedNaba posted:

I'unno about famous, but he's p popular. A lot of his raunchier stuff is basically to get more followers - the stuff he actually goes with is more like this:

His books are filled with landscape and interior shots, it's a hoot to go through the details. But mostly I buy his stuff because of the Korpiklaani references he puts in everything - he's an enormous music nerd.

That cover in particular is really neat. And it sounds like he's a huge nerd (in a positive sense) in general. I was mainly impressed that his twitter has fanart of the loving powerpunk girls of all things. It's crazy how even the most obscure poo poo can reach the other side of the world nowadays.