Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
if we assume pera is saying the truth, their wincon is literally "survive until all other 3p are dead and reign as the 3p god". how is that even able to swing to the scumteam?

pera's playing their own mini mafia game, I don't see what's the problem?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Jedit posted:

Or you're the Poisoner.

And Arsonist isn't a delayed kill. It's effectively an unblockable SK.

No that isn't true, arsonist can douse people multiple nights and then eventually set them on fire. At least it has been that way times I have seen it

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

PMush Perfect posted:

Hey, Opop, who scum?

I'm still wrapping my head around the rest of this :psyduck:

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Hal Incandenza posted:

It's still possible pera is lying, even if some of what she is saying is true. What if she is part of a team with all those powers and is just trying to take credit for it? What is she is a one-person team who can use multiple powers every night?

I know, that's why I find it so strange that Somber basically said that they don't care whether pera is lying or not, they should get lynched regardless. I mean, if you think pera is lying, you're not just going to say "idc this game is doomed too many night kills".

if they believed pera is lying, the logical statement to make is "pera is probably lying scum, let's kill them."

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Somberbrero posted:

fl the key word is third party. not town! can't trust that they are telling the whole truth.

i get that, trust me, i do

it just doesn't strike me as good sense to dismiss it out of hand by voting her out like your vote implies especially if there's a potential upside

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Hal Incandenza posted:

No that isn't true, arsonist can douse people multiple nights and then eventually set them on fire. At least it has been that way times I have seen it

not to be a bother, but i don't think your statement and jedit's are mutually exclusive - i think he's saying that a douse is a nightkill that just doesn't go off until the arsonist wants it to, which would equate to the more targets doused, the more likely the kills are to go off (doctor can't target everyone)

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
yah let's just let this question linger another day great.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Flying Leatherman posted:

i don't see it; how is a 3p murdering the people that are trying to kill us bad

all good, who scum

People in the US not engaged in the pera insanity.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

If pera is telling the truth she's still an unaligned 3P so not a bad kill for D2

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Retro Futurist posted:

If pera is telling the truth she's still an unaligned 3P so not a bad kill for D2

You have an amazing hardon for killing 3p man.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Hal Incandenza posted:

It's not the way I've seen it and it's not the way it's listed on Mafiascum.

Her claim is also, if not counter to the idea of flipping two VT from two, certainly made very unlikely by it. There would have to be a minimum of six non-Town, I think - two 3P killers, Bounty Hunter and three scum. Plus, Town would also have to have some form of defence. I honestly don't see there being more than three or possibly four VT in that game.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
seriously, how is pera a 3p that's bad for town?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

not to be a bother, but i don't think your statement and jedit's are mutually exclusive - i think he's saying that a douse is a nightkill that just doesn't go off until the arsonist wants it to, which would equate to the more targets doused, the more likely the kills are to go off (doctor can't target everyone)

No, I'm saying that Mafiascum straight up defines Arsonist as a killer that cannot be blocked by a Doctor, only by a Firefighter. That's the definition I've always seen.

Tired Moritz posted:

seriously, how is pera a 3p that's bad for town?

You've seriously never seen anyone say "I'm 3P, but I win with the Town" before? It's pretty much a neon sign saying "I'm scum, Survivor or SK".

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Jedit posted:

You've seriously never seen anyone say "I'm 3P, but I win with the Town" before? It's pretty much a neon sign saying "I'm scum, Survivor or SK".

yeah but people are saying to kill them EVEN IF they are saying the truth.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Opop tell us about arsonists

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Tired Moritz posted:

yeah but people are saying to kill them EVEN IF they are saying the truth.

smh

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Tired Moritz posted:

if we assume pera is saying the truth, their wincon is literally "survive until all other 3p are dead and reign as the 3p god". how is that even able to swing to the scumteam?

pera's playing their own mini mafia game, I don't see what's the problem?

hi tm im a lady

also like i said

WAY easier to win with town

Jedit posted:

It's not the way I've seen it and it's not the way it's listed on Mafiascum.

http://mafiawiki.notesmash.org/wiki/Arsonist

I'm using this.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

peramene posted:

hi tm im a lady

also like i said

WAY easier to win with town

http://mafiawiki.notesmash.org/wiki/Arsonist

I'm using this.

out of curiosity, how would you win not with town given your described role?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Look Jedit, we were BOTH right!

Friends forever

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Vote's staying where it is.

If the game has that many killers, it is sure as loving hell not "easier to win with town". You barely have to do a goddamn thing if three can die per night.

Get loving lynched.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

The same way Survivors do.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Jedit posted:

The same way Survivors do.

acceptable answer, but that's proceeding under the assumption there's an organized scum team, right? or would this be "the killers off themselves and everybody else"?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
The only way pera can win with scum is if town literally lose the game and there are still 3rds left.

This is dumb. People wishy washyness on whether she's lying or not is bad

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Tired Moritz posted:

The only way pera can win with scum is if town literally lose the game and there are still 3rds left.

This is dumb. People wishy washyness on whether she's lying or not is bad

I'm of the position upon reading some more that we gain enough on killing her and her flipping as she claims that it's probably worth it.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Jedit posted:

Her claim is also, if not counter to the idea of flipping two VT from two, certainly made very unlikely by it. There would have to be a minimum of six non-Town, I think - two 3P killers, Bounty Hunter and three scum. Plus, Town would also have to have some form of defence. I honestly don't see there being more than three or possibly four VT in that game.
I was thinking about the math on this on my way home, and there's no way there's a three-person scum team with two killing 3Ps, even if they did something like alternate odd/even, town would be turbofucked by D3. So assuming we take her claim at face value, I'd bet a lot of money on a two-scum team.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

I'd have to convince scum to keep me based on my cunning wit and natural charm.

Which would probably involve keeping all of this a secret way longer. I made my bed.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

acceptable answer, but that's proceeding under the assumption there's an organized scum team, right? or would this be "the killers off themselves and everybody else"?

peramene posted:

I win by securing the deaths of third party killers and then there's a list of five total 3p killing roles.

My win condition is the standard "eliminate all threats to Town". If the only threats are 3PKs, then Pera's wincon is identical to the Town wincon. Her claim therefore requires there to be a scum team.

TM - you're slightly wrong. As claimed Pera could win with scum if the kill that triggers endgame is the last of her targets. If one of them was still alive at end game then presumably she'd lose.

The important thing is that losing at endgame in this fashion would be the only way she could lose; Town have to kill all 3PKs as well as scum.

She's lying. There's no way she's not lying.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

I'm going to bed, it's 1.20am here. My vote isn't moving. If Pera is lying, it's a good lynch. If she's telling the truth somehow, we'll have a lot of confirmed information on the setup and depending who flips we might be able to unravel it all.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Jedit posted:

My win condition is the standard "eliminate all threats to Town". If the only threats are 3PKs, then Pera's wincon is identical to the Town wincon. Her claim therefore requires there to be a scum team.

right yep in retrospect that should have been obvious and i shouldn't have needed to ask the question, really

quote:

The important thing is that losing at endgame in this fashion would be the only way she could lose; Town have to kill all 3PKs as well as scum.

given the necessity for a scumteam in this scenario this kinda looks like an oversight in the claim yeah, cause both town and scum have some interest in removing 3p killing roles and since everyone would have a motivation to off the 3p's it'd be a fairly straightforward win in most cases as well as motivation to not claim and let dudes kill each other off rather than reveal one's self

basically what i'm trying to say is this line of argument is not entirely unappealing to me when presented like this. fortunately, there's still a little while for me to chew on it

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Jedit posted:

TM - you're slightly wrong. As claimed Pera could win with scum if the kill that triggers endgame is the last of her targets. If one of them was still alive at end game then presumably she'd lose.

How the hell is she going to reach endgame with maf/3rd/town/her. Town's screwed anyway.

I think she loses when she dies

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Yorkshire Tea posted:

You have an amazing hardon

:forkbomb:

Anyways I don't think we should kill pera just because she's 3P, but in lieu of catching scum I'd rather her than town

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

peramene, please come back and dig your grave further. I want to see how ridiculous of a claim you can come up with.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
rudeneck lurkgul

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Quick question, pera. Do you have to be alive at endgame for your victory to count, or can you win posthumously?

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

PMush Perfect posted:

Quick question, pera. Do you have to be alive at endgame for your victory to count, or can you win posthumously?

I explicitly cannot win posthumously.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

peramene posted:

I explicitly cannot win posthumously.

Jedit posted:

Tired Moritz posted:

Jedit posted:

So, in short, pera's a Town-aligned Survivor with powers.

...yeah, sure, I've seen weirder. Doesn't mean I believe you, but the wincon at least passes a basic sanity check.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
zz

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
how are you guys not voting somber? they are so obvious 3rd.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

PMush Perfect posted:

So, in short, pera's a Town-aligned Survivor with powers.

...yeah, sure, I've seen weirder. Doesn't mean I believe you, but the wincon at least passes a basic sanity check.

(really poo poo powers)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Who do you want dead, if pera isn't an option tonight?

• Locked thread