Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
Richard Smart is a better name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

D_Smart posted:

LOL!! latest schedule is out. At a glance, half the poo poo is delayed, but the aim date of 08-25-17, somehow remains unchanged.

God drat LOL!!

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/schedule-report

Ahahahaha!

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

There's a guy in my city named Helmut Lazer, which is also a fantastic band name.

No wikipedia page for him though.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Can someone translate this? I' retarded but I don't speak retard tia

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Texture Render problem

ETA is 10th August (was 27th July)

Something moves to the right 2 weeks, something as pivotal as textures which everything from your UI to the world uses and yet your target remains the same. Project Management at its finest.

Mission System

ETA is 19th July (was 30th June)

Over two weeks delayed on this one, and the product still has that release date.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Jul 14, 2017

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

when you look up circlejerk in the dictionary this is the literal definition, there is nothing else but these desperately pathetic messages printed over 3 pages in the Cs.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Texture Render problem

Something moves to the right 2 weeks, something as pivotal as textures which everything from your UI to the world uses and yet your target remains the same. Project Management at its finest.

Mission System

ETA is 19th July (was 30th June)

Over two weeks delayed on this one, and the product still has that release date.

Yeah, most of the entries are like that. You noticed too, huh?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Guys, they never push back the release date til the last minute, have you learned nothing?

Roflan
Nov 25, 2007

D_Smart posted:

LOL!! latest schedule is out. At a glance, half the poo poo is delayed, but the aim date of 08-25-17, somehow remains unchanged.

God drat LOL!!

Hm, yes... I, too, look forward to them starting work on memory allocation.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

big nipples big life posted:

Guys, they never push back the release date til the last minute, have you learned nothing?

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Bets on this weeks progress report? Everything is going smoothly, but things get delayed internally again. Avocados still on track!

Next week- Avocados release window pushed back do to interdependent issues, ptu and normal release still on track!

Week after that - Things delayed further, Avocado still on track for next week! PTU and live released push back

Repeat ad infinitum

:colbert:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

You get an A+ in CIG operations.

MinorInconvenience
Feb 24, 2017

Criminal lawyer or criminal, lawyer. Yeah. No difference.

RSI Schedule posted:

The team has been making steady progress in completing the various systems. Some of the larger systems like Render to Texture, which contributes to our screens and mobiGlas and will ultimately contribute to ship to ship comms, have been implemented enough for the teams to start using them, that extensive use has been exposing some of the bugs which has caused some additional delays. On the plus side, the delayed proposed release date has allowed some of the ship and weapon refactors that were intended for a future release to be added to the 3.0.0.

No new gameplay but hey! More ship refactoring!! Yay! gently caress you goonies!

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6nau6m/gamestar_titelstory_summary/

quote:

Via the Star Map they jump to the edge of the atmosphere of Delamar and are then flying down manual. During the atmospheric entry, flames start appearing around the hull. This depends on your speed and the size of your ship.

:lol:

e:

quote:

Everything they do is seamless. There is nowhere a Loading screen.

aww

MedicineHut fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Jul 15, 2017

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Uh oh!

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Dick Armey is the best, most manly name there ever was.

Manley Power.

MinorInconvenience
Feb 24, 2017

Criminal lawyer or criminal, lawyer. Yeah. No difference.

Max Power

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
Five stages of grief for the 3.0

denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance

April 25th:
- Looks like 3.0 is released in late June. Oh joy! It's going to be a great summer!

June 25th: [Denial]
- Well, looks like 3.0 is released in late July. This is fine! 3.0 will be greater for it and this still going to be the best summer!

July 15th: [Anger]
- Oh, looks like 3.0 is released in late August. Oh god! What are they doing? Will there be still time to play it during summer vacation! Also, I totally called it that last years' demos were all fake. What is their release incentive at this point?

August 15th: [Bargaining]
- Ehm, looks like 3.0 is released after GamesCom. Chirs, are you reading this? Please, release 3.0 before GamesCom, we need something! Anything! I'll buy another collector's if you release 3.0 in whatever state it's in!

October15th: [Depression]
- Welp, looks like no 3.0 for CitCon either. That sucks. Life sucks now forever.

December 31th: [Acceptance]
- You know what? This recent takeover by Coutts is ok. I am FINE with it.The game does not have to release anything. We have our dreams. (why did I not request a refund).

Kromlech
Jun 28, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
^ what year does that take place in though?

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot

D_Smart posted:

God drat LOL!!

CALLED IT

they only delay the realease date every 2 weeks

bill_murray
Apr 27, 2016

Mne nravitsya posted:

Sandi, Ortwin, Chris, and Erin

When the four riders of the Crobpocalypse appear on the stage at GamesCom, the end of times is upon us.

According to 11th century history of the riders, only "Thor" was able to single handedly stop them from succeeding........

Is it possible that Dr. Smart (who has supposedly secured a ticket to this event) will rise up in the audience at Gamescom and fulfill the prophecy?

I have a feeling derek will get stabbed if he goes...

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Mirificus fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Jul 15, 2017

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

It's good that they're so open and transparent with their development that they've shown this working vertical slice to all their backers now

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

:laugh:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

quote:

In the Demo they have problems with the elevators and the physics grid, so they had to use commands.

:thunk:

quote:

Many people think, that C.R. should have to force some parts a bit more and don't be the perfectionist. But with 3.0 the editor thinks, that they may not have done something huge (content wise), but something that will be the base for a game that can be played for years.

JESUS

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Make those funny please

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Percelus posted:

wing commander is a really lame universe. it's basically a star trek federation vs thundercat klingons subplot fought with x-wings instead of cruiser class ships

*would* fap to.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Hm yes, a conspiracy of thousands of trolls working overtime to discredit Star Citizen does sound much more likely than the game actually being a mismanaged pile of poo poo

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Dick Armey is the best, most manly name there ever was.

I no poo poo knew someone in Montana named Butts Glidewell

Ayn Marx posted:

Make those funny please

D1E's continued inability to deal with the fact that Derek's ELE is our own Star Citizen prevents him from making posts that are funny or good in any way. It's not his fault though, so please be nice to him.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

My excerpts from the german article:

It is planned
Normally you would
In the Demo they have problems with the elevators and the physics grid, so they had to use commands.
In one room they find the corpse of the missing person. (Sadly the interaction system in the demo fails) But now 2 enemies are coming from behind and start to fire at you.
Now the people from Gamestar are allowed to play 3.0 by themselves.
Shortly after they used the new nox bike, the game crashed.
With a console command, they teleport to an outpost, which might be part of a mission in 3.0
Not everything that will be in 3.0 could they test. (trading, insurance and stamina).
Many apps and improvements on systems are missing in the demo.

This is good for 3.0

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

Star Citizen does publish a magazine though. It's called Jump Point.

MilesK fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Jul 15, 2017

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
What's with the ongoing PR blitz? They gearing up to gut gullible people's wallets once more?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

TheAgent posted:

dick money is such a cool goddamn name

why can't I have that name

I have some hosed up dumb norwegian name

I wanna be dick mon$y

Well I dunno, maybe a $25 fee from the clerk's office can make that happen.

Look it up, I will send you funds to change your legal name to "Dick TheAgent Money".

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Combat Pretzel posted:

What's with the ongoing PR blitz? They gearing up to gut gullible people's wallets once more?

Cyclone, a stealthy ship that punches above it's weight stealthily favored by smugglers available for a limited time, to be announced in the near future.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Combat Pretzel posted:

They do other things? :D

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Combat Pretzel posted:

The loan means their PR firm's getting paid again

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?

quote:

The team has been making steady progress in completing the various systems. Some of the larger systems like Render to Texture, which contributes to our screens and mobiGlas and will ultimately contribute to ship to ship comms, have been implemented enough for the teams to start using them, that extensive use has been exposing some of the bugs which has caused some additional delays. On the plus side, the delayed proposed release date has allowed some of the ship and weapon refactors that were intended for a future release to be added to the 3.0.0.

Completed: 2
Delayed: 7
New Tasks / Refactoring: 3
Remaining: 21
Furthest ETA: Aug 10th

Completed

quote:

Personal Manager App
Klaus and Werner Arclight Pistol

Delayed

quote:

Inventory System Support
ETA is 20th July (was 14th July)

Entity Owner Manager

Item 2.0 Multi Function Displays
UI have been implementing these screens while supporting other features, so QA can test each area as soon as possible. While this benefits us from a testing point of view, it has resulted in an overall delay in completion.
ETA is 18th July (was 11th July)

Cargo Manifest App

Inventory System
Progress has been affected due to the work on the Search Feature.

Mission System
We are continuing to build on the mission system AI in order for design to implement more missions for inclusion in 3.0.0
ETA is 24th July (was 19th June)

Render to Texture
This system is still in progress, but due to its overall size and some of the other features for 3.0.0 that require Render to Texture, teams are using the system as soon as they are able, which means that Render to Texture is requiring bug fixing support while it’s being developed which results in further delays of the system as a whole. The date below does also take dedicated bug fixing time into account.

NEW TASKS

quote:

RSI Aurora
This is an updated version of the Aurora. We previously didn’t think that we would have the time to complete this rework for 3.0.0, however, with the movement of our release dates we are now able to include this rework with 3.0.0.
ETA is 21st July

Gemini L86 Pistol
Rework of the legacy weapon.
With the moving of our release date, this weapon rework has been signed off to be included for the 3.0.0 release.
ETA is 28th July

Behring P4-AR
Rework of the legacy weapon.
With the moving of our release date, this weapon rework has been signed off to be included for the 3.0.0 release.
ETA is 19th July

REMAINING

quote:

- MISSION GIVERS
- DELAMAR / LEVSKI (STRETCH GOAL)
- INVENTORY SYSTEM SUPPORT
- ROVER AND DRAGONFLY IN SHIPS
- ENTITY UPDATE COMPONENT SCHEDULER
- ENTITY OWNER MANAGER
- ITEM 2.0 MULTI FUNCTION DISPLAYS
- CHARACTER CUSTOMIZATION
- CARGO MANIFEST APP
- VEHICLE CUSTOMIZER APP
- SHIP SELECTOR APP & INSURANCE CLAIM
- INVENTORY SYSTEM
- STARMAP APP
- COMMS SYSTEM UI
- MISSION SYSTEM
- RENDER TO TEXTURE
- VOLUMETRIC FOG (still scheduled to be completed on June 9th)
- APOCALYPSE ARMS SCOURGE RAIL GUN (still scheduled to be completed on June 9th)
- RSI AURORA
- GEMINI L86 PISTOL
- BEHRING P4-AR

"Doors and airlocks" gets an extra * around its "feature complete" status (2 total).

Nicholas fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Jul 15, 2017

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Wait what... they delayed things further so that somehow gave them more time so they added MORE things to do?

I my what who... brain... hurting.

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?
I feel like they added those "reworks" in just so they have tasks to mark as "feature complete" over the next few weeks. They are basically making negative progress right now

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

I mean look at this poo poo

RSI Aurora
This is an updated version of the Aurora. We previously didn’t think that we would have the time to complete this rework for 3.0.0, however, with the movement of our release dates we are now able to include this rework with 3.0.0.
ETA is 21st July

Ok, you DON'T have the time to complete it for 3.0 you loving dunces, THAT IS WHY YOU'RE SO FAR BEHIND!!!!

:pgabz:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Sappo569 posted:

I mean look at this poo poo

RSI Aurora
ETA is 21st July

Ok, you DON'T have the time to complete it for 3.0 you loving dunces, THAT IS WHY YOU'RE SO FAR BEHIND!!!!

:pgabz:

never mind the 30 or so other ships they havent even started on yet