Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010

Pureauthor posted:

You can wait eight hours and spam the the next set of green Dailies, or you can go to Paris and fight the Free Quest there. Apparently the droprate for that one is extra poo poo though.

Yea, don't do paris. You have to fight shadow Jalter for a miniscule chance at a drop, and it probably won't be the one you want because it's split between the three knights pieces. Just wait for dailies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I think I'm also at my wit's end for CE leveling up if I'm honest, or at least doing the "take the level 1 CE, and use the higher level version as XP material to level up). I can't see a situation where I would use these 1*/2* CEs over their 3*-5* equivalents, even if they provide more HP/Attack. I'm at the point where it feels like it makes more sense to dump all of these 1*/2* offerings into the CEs I actually use, at least until they hit their level caps.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

I think I'm also at my wit's end for CE leveling up if I'm honest, or at least doing the "take the level 1 CE, and use the higher level version as XP material to level up). I can't see a situation where I would use these 1*/2* CEs over their 3*-5* equivalents, even if they provide more HP/Attack. I'm at the point where it feels like it makes more sense to dump all of these 1*/2* offerings into the CEs I actually use, at least until they hit their level caps.

The only reason to keep 1* and 2* CEs is for managing team cost.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Yeah but that's only going to be a problem for when your party cost is super low at the start. Unless it's generally expected that all players eventually roll with teams consisting of nothing but 5* servants.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
1/2* CE are not worth bringing into battle.

Seeric
Aug 18, 2011
I got Heracles as my starter and now I'm conflicted about what to do with my Master Recruitment Campaign Gift Voucher. Should I use it to get another copy of Heracles for a Noble Phantasm enhancement since I plan to use him for the foreseeable future or should I use it for another Servant (and if so, which one works best alongside Heracles)?

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Seeric posted:

I got Heracles as my starter and now I'm conflicted about what to do with my Master Recruitment Campaign Gift Voucher. Should I use it to get another copy of Heracles for a Noble Phantasm enhancement since I plan to use him for the foreseeable future or should I use it for another Servant (and if so, which one works best alongside Heracles)?

Variety is pretty much always more important than NP levels. Hercules is the only really important one in the campaign, so if you've already got him you can just pick whoever you feel like. Have you read the summaries of them in the second post?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
My perception is that for 4*-5*, getting the Servant you want at all is the hardest part, with NP just gravy if it happens. As such I think I'd rather have Herc and Emiya (whom I picked) rather than Herc NP2, even though the latter is arguably more useful if I'm not actually using Emiya that much.

As for who works best with Herc, I would strongly vote for St. George actually who of course is a 2*.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
NP is overrated because you're gonna be done before reaching 500% anyway.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
Levelling most NPs is more about the immediate damage boost than the higher max charge percentage, so that part isn't so much of a concern. Still not usually worth it, though.

I feel like NP levelling is more of a consolation prize for when you draw your third copy of the same 5*.

YamataNoOrochi
Oct 24, 2005

Tired Moritz posted:

NP is overrated because you're gonna be done before reaching 500% anyway.

NPs are apparently confusing as all hell for people. All of them have 2 scaling aspects, one that scales off of NP level and one that scales off charge %. Using Tamamo Cat as an example, NP level boosts the damage, charge % only affects the self heal that it grants. It will do the same damage at 100% or 500% charge.

The other thing to know is that NP Chains will boost the later NPs in the chain by 100%/200% for 2 or 3 chains. This is the only way to reach 500%, as a level 5 NP caps @ 300% naturally gained.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
I decided to spend 5 tickets on the knights gacha, since the Apo anime made me want Mordred (though i guess i do already have her Rider version but still), and instead got Gawain. Time to praise the sun i guess

Hagop
May 14, 2012

First one out of the Ranger gets a prize!

Seeric posted:

If you like someone you don't have use it to get them, if you wan to blow up the damage meter NP 2 Herc. Bring a friend Attila, pop Herc's attack boost, Attila's NP boost, your summoner attack boost, and hit for 90k.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Freak Futanari posted:

I decided to spend 5 tickets on the knights gacha, since the Apo anime made me want Mordred (though i guess i do already have her Rider version but still), and instead got Gawain. Time to praise the sun i guess

They really missed an opportunity not trying his first skill's effects to the server clock.

cyxx
Oct 1, 2005

Byon!
Man it's gonna be hard to wait for Jalter rateup and kintoki/Salter rateup events. Must be strong and not roll

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

NRVNQSR posted:

They really missed an opportunity not trying his first skill's effects to the server clock.

They should've made it so that you can only use his skill when the turn counter is a multiple of 3

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I want more Hassans. Four of them is not enough.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
so I know Vlad is supposed to be great with Tamamo no Mae but is that due to her shooting off her NP to charge his? I got a Waver so I'm not sure if he can replace her in the 'Make Vlad Super Great' idea with his NP charge skills, I'm not 100% sure how Tamamo's setup makes Vlad amazing in the first place

Psiwri
Mar 8, 2012

"The Foecast today calls for dark clouds, booming thunder and F.O.E.s everywhere!"
Three turns of targeted 50% arts card performance with a heal on top is very good to help him keep pumping out NPs with good damage on all arts cards. Combine with her NP filling party gauge and reducing cool-downs means he can use his own NP gauge skill more often as well. It basically super accelerates his NP usage which feeds crit stars back to you, and waver just makes it even better.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Of course, if you're using two support casters, it'll take you all day to kill anything not an assassin.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

ISIS CURES TROONS posted:

Of course, if you're using two support casters, it'll take you all day to kill anything not an assassin.
Alternatively, keido the damager to nuke one wave, supports full charge for second np.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Help, i can't decide if i should go hog wild trying to get Ruler Martha when she comes back soon, or if i should save as much as possible in case we get bikini Astolfo

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
what does your heart say

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

InfinityComplex posted:

what does your heart say

It says that i'm going to get a LOT of 3* Mapo Tofu CEs no matter what

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
DO you prefer women who fight like men or boys who fight like girls?

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

Gologle posted:

DO you prefer women who fight like men or boys who fight like girls?

Depends. Do the boys dress like girls too?

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

NRVNQSR posted:

The issue there is that it skews server loads in bad ways. :v:

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

New Leaf posted:

Oh the little [...] bubble you hit where your "favorite" spouts random nonsense? That's all its opening? Great.. So worth it.

With each bond point you reach, you get a new line because you're learning more about the Servant and how they react towards the protagonist. Not every Servant is gonna fall in love with you, but you can tell with each new line, they're becoming more loyal to you. And depending on who you have in your immediate party, some Servants will comment on each other. It's fluff, but character fluff interaction is arguably what helped FGO endure it's period when it was a bad game because people love the Servants.

They'll even wish a happy birthday when you set your birth date and log in on your birthday and when there's an event going on, they'll be like, "YO, SOMETHING'S HAPPENING" or some variation of it. They put a lot of effort into that kind of poo poo.

Compendium fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Jul 15, 2017

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
Is there special dialogue if you put Iskander and Waver together?

Waver seems set on only working for Iskander. With you being his side master.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Thanks, game - super helpful stuff.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

EzEight posted:

Yup. Iskander makes a comment on Waver, Darius, Gilgamesh, Arturia, or Lancer Arturia if they're in your party.

I have Iskander, but the only Servant of those bunch that I have that he can comment on is Darius on my JPN account. :negative:

Compendium fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Jul 15, 2017

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

EzEight posted:

Servants will sometimes have an extra my room line mixed in for if you also possess certain other servants, but launch servants don't have as many as those released later.

That said, Waver does have a line for Iskander (and vice versa), but only for the adult version that's not yet available.

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time

New Leaf posted:

Thanks, game - super helpful stuff.

Knowledge is power.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Friday's ascension mat farming report, running exclusively Intermediate:

1 Dragon Fang
1 Octuplet Crystals
4 Ghost Lanterns!!!
1 Claw of Chaos

0 Serpent Jewel :negative:

Someone out there got a bunch of serpent jewels who really wanted some Ghost Lanterns, I know it.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Compendium posted:

With each bond point you reach, you get a new line because you're learning more about the Servant and how they react towards the protagonist. Not every Servant is gonna fall in love with you, but you can tell with each new line, they're becoming more loyal to you. And depending on who you have in your immediate party, some Servants will comment on each other. It's fluff, but character fluff interaction is arguably what helped FGO endure it's period when it was a bad game because people love the Servants.

They'll even wish a happy birthday when you set your birth date and log in on your birthday and when there's an event going on, they'll be like, "YO, SOMETHING'S HAPPENING" or some variation of it. They put a lot of effort into that kind of poo poo.

I like Shuten Douji constantly reminding you that she could straight up eat you because she is an Oni, and that she wants to use your skull as a cup.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Leonidas is scared of ghosts because they're not made of muscles.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
the fact that the game allows us to friendzone Mash is pretty neat

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

MonsieurChoc posted:

Leonidas is scared of ghosts because they're not made of muscles.

This owns

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I really liked the Interludes in general. The only ones I have left are the ones requiring lvl 2 Ascensions (Hercules, Emiya, Stheno).

Edit: Why won't these Octuplet Crystals drop!? I'm missing three for max-level Arash!

MonsieurChoc fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Jul 15, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Today i learned that just because you unlocked an interlude it doesn't mean you're actually ready for it. Sorry Martha, we'll need a few more levels before tackling your second one. :rip: