Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

sticklefifer posted:

Despite being a Republican, he'd have to run as an Independent, right? GOP will just want to reelect Trump (or whoever's in office at that point).

I can't see Demos taking him, unless the last election broke them so badly they'll fight a celebrity with another celebrity.
In general, incumbents tend to take the nomination for the simple reason that no one else actually runs against them. Given that Trump is very unpopular nationally, it's not impossible that someone could run against him in the primary despite being popular among Republicans (though that has been waning). I won't pretend to know RNC rules, but I'd be very shocked if they have any that explicitly prevent anyone from running.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jerusalem posted:

Yep. At this point the Dems would probably take Broken Matt Hardy as their candidate.

Dillapadated Force One

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

sticklefifer posted:

I can't see Demos taking him, unless the last election broke them so badly they'll fight a celebrity with another celebrity.

a charasmatic economic republican who can bring in minorities is the DNCs wet dream, my dude

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

Endless Mike posted:

In general, incumbents tend to take the nomination for the simple reason that no one else actually runs against them. Given that Trump is very unpopular nationally, it's not impossible that someone could run against him in the primary despite being popular among Republicans (though that has been waning). I won't pretend to know RNC rules, but I'd be very shocked if they have any that explicitly prevent anyone from running.

Nobody runs against them because they don't win, and the only time that it was likely the incumbent would not survive a primary (LBJ), he ended up deciding not to run instead of face the battle and potentially lose. The only way Trump doesn't run for a second term is if he's either dead or the landscape is so toxic for a run that Trump will just choose not to try and ride out the term.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Most things are made better by putting the Rock in them.
Politics is an exception to this rule.
Wrestlers should pretty much never be in politics because they live in an insane libertarian hellscape and call it Heaven.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Suplex Liberace posted:

America must be destroyed.

• Locked thread