Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

kidcoelacanth posted:

I really appreciate nintendo's ability to take advantage of the internet's tendency to argue to the death about the dumbest poo poo

New Splatfest: Is a hot dog a sandwich?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Nubbins
Jun 1, 2004

Kirios posted:

A pie is a cake.

Fightin words. See you on Splaturday.

Big Nubbins fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Jul 15, 2017

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Betrayed by even Reggie... :negative:

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Kirios posted:

If Ice Cream Cake is booth ice cream and cake, then Cookie Cake is also cookie and cake.

Ice cream cake is cake made BETTER by ice cream. Cookie cake is cake made BETTER by cookie. Seems like cake really needs a lot of help to shore up it's end of the bargain here doesn't it?

Point double proven.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Zaphod42 posted:

Leave the splatgun.

Take the cannoli.

Well I mean of it was ice cream vs came vs cannoli gotta go with cannoli no contest

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Sorry to interrupt Cake vs. Ice Cream chat, but Nintendo put out a Youtube video for Salmon Run. They're... really bad at it, but they do show off another Salmon Run stage halfway through, Marooner's Bay.

https://youtu.be/7RvLHgwJep8

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

You know seeing how many other sea life forms the squids oppress or enslave for their own gain.......are we the baddies?

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Dr. VooDoo posted:

You know seeing how many other sea life forms the squids oppress or enslave for their own gain.......are we the baddies?

And remember, STAY FAAAASH!

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Only losers are bad guys and our victory over those scum suckers show that.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Zelder posted:

And remember, STAY FAAAASH!

:catstare:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zaphod42 posted:

Cake is inferior because its dry and chokes up your mouth.

Beelerzebub posted:

Because cake dries out your mouth.

holy poo poo. You guys have never actually had good cake. Ever. This is the most hosed up thing in the world. It's like when a British guy says Mexican food is bad and you want to call him a moron but then you realize, he really doesn't know

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

I swear to god I'm not an avatar gimmick

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Zelder posted:

I swear to god I'm not an avatar gimmick

edit: maybe I subconsciously made an "avatar" joke but I didn't realize it till after I posted :v:

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

CuddlyZombie posted:

That cover in particular is really neat. And it sounds like he's a huge nerd (in a positive sense) in general. I was mainly impressed that his twitter has fanart of the loving powerpunk girls of all things. It's crazy how even the most obscure poo poo can reach the other side of the world nowadays.

If you're got a way to order stuff from Japan, his booth profile's over 'ere:

https://yutaagc.booth.pm/

Tidepool 1's basically a story about how two lovers best friends ended up adopting and raising a kid - Inkling got bribed into it with a Regressive rock CD.

Tidepool 2's a story about how the raging lesbians bitter rivals met - They ended up in a death-or-glory fight during the Inkling's tenure as Agent 3. Melon bread was also stolen.

Tidepool 3's an explanation as to where the orphan came from.

The salvage book is an artbook collab, but it's essentially Splatoon crossed over with Ico, Overwatch, Zelda, Star Fox, MGS, Bio shock and Akira.

I was also hoping to get stuff from NanaGreenTeam, but he doesn't sell his stuff anymore. It looks like he took his Splatoon OCs and made an Office RomCom out of them.

edit: Oh gently caress, He's doing advertisements with them

WarpedNaba fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Jul 15, 2017

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

Dr Cheeto posted:

I don't know about Reggie, but Bill is all in on ice cream
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/885939008609468416
God damnit, Bill

I love how it looks like the squid is glaring at him.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
yay I got my wife a switch

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
They dropped a whole bunch of stuff on the Squid Research tubmblr today, but here's some highlights:

The ability doubler main is only found on the Splatfest tee. Maybe I was the only one curious about this? Anyhow this seems to be a good way to reward squids who bother to grind XP on their borrowed t-shirts.

Dapple dualie details. They trade range for mobility, and come with the squid beakon sub and the suction bomb launcher special.
Clash blaster characteristics. It trades damage for fire rate, and comes with the splat bomb sub and the stingray special
Goo tuber trivia. It trades charge rate for the ability to hold a charge for a long time, and comes with the suction bomb sub and the splashdown special.

The Brella isn't gonna be around on day 1, and will come in a future update. I was really looking forward to going Mary Poppins on some squids but I guess I'll wait.

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Jul 15, 2017

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Is that the Wu-Tang Clan Ain't Nuthin Ta gently caress Wit video

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

eonwe posted:

yay I got my wife a switch

People out here fighting scalpers in the street just to get one grey switch and mr. Money bags over here has two. The nerve of the some people...

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Dr Cheeto posted:

The Brella isn't gonna be around on day 1, and will come in a future update. I was really looking forward to going Mary Poppins on some squids but I guess I'll wait.

"It appears this weapon type will be ready for Turf War battles in an update after the game launches."

Can't use in rank mode or salmon run??

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Gimme a shotgun analogue Nintendo that's all I ask for

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Zelder posted:

People out here fighting scalpers in the street just to get one grey switch and mr. Money bags over here has two. The nerve of the some people...

ive got a neon :)

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Zelder posted:

Gimme a shotgun analogue Nintendo that's all I ask for

The bucket is a decent shotgun analogue. Powerful close-range weapon with spread.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

eonwe posted:

ive got a neon :)

The one true switch. Go with god in your travels

Dr Cheeto posted:

The bucket is a decent shotgun analogue. Powerful close-range weapon with spread.

Eh I want something gun shaped. My demands are weird, I know

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Zelder posted:

Eh I want something gun shaped. My demands are weird, I know

The sploosh-o-matic is probably the closest thing in Splatoon 1 to this. Powerful weapon with decent spread and very limited range. An acceptable AA-12 analogue IMO.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

enojy posted:

Is that the Wu-Tang Clan Ain't Nuthin Ta gently caress Wit video

It's HUMBLE.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
I am ready to murder cake squids

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

GeneX posted:

I am ready to murder cake squids

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
Death to the cake eaters

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Let them eat cake.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Night Blade posted:

Let them eat cake.

While we retain the superior confection.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Ice Cream simply comes in more varied and distinct flavors. I think you can get any flavor cake comes in, as an ice cream. But you can't get every ice cream flavor as a cake.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Ice Cream simply comes in more varied and distinct flavors. I think you can get any flavor cake comes in, as an ice cream. But you can't get every ice cream flavor as a cake.

Quality trumps melty quantity :smuggo:.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Inklings seen in the... wild?
https://twitter.com/suppipi/status/886028572418203648
A last minute update is out for the Splatfest client. Today is the day.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

the japanese fest is up right now

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Futaba Anzu posted:

the japanese fest is up right now

I am playing it and this is wonderful.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Can GMT players play their Splatfest then wait a bunch of time and then play the US one? Can you have different regions of the same game on the same Switch?

Edit: Is it as simple as make a US/JP Nintendo ID on PC, make a new Profile on the Switch called like '[Name]US', then just link them?

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Pierson posted:

Can GMT players play their Splatfest then wait a bunch of time and then play the US one? Can you have different regions of the same game on the same Switch?

Edit: Is it as simple as make a US/JP Nintendo ID on PC, make a new Profile on the Switch called like '[Name]US', then just link them?

yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Pierson posted:

Yea, all you need to do is create a JP locale Nintendo account to download the Japanese client. You can then play in their Splatfest on any account you choose.