Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

PMush Perfect posted:

Wait what

gently caress I thought we had another 20 minutes

:rip:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Oh! A no lynch. I can finally relax.

RN and RF (and probably myself) will be dead by morning.

For funsies - I'm calling Somber and RN as scum. After morning, once my predictions prove true, let's at least figure out Somber's deal, please?

re: mush, it wasn't exactly my focus to find scum so much as make it so that n1's targets are identified and their death telegraphed properly. Future targets should not claim and quietly accept death.

I'll be trying my hand at killing Jedit as the poisoner tonight.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Whaaaaaa I thought I was here in time for deadline.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

peramene posted:

I'll be trying my hand at killing Jedit as the poisoner tonight.
Wait what

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

peramene posted:

if I can submit name and killing power at night, they die. I also enjoy limited immunity to their attacks.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
good job team.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
That said, with an eye towards the long game, if you're out there, save them if you can. (Me too, kindly.) I don't have any resistance to brutal murder.

If it susses out that I'm right with my snowball toss, that's potentially my big weakness handled and my "ability" to win with scum. From then I'm basically on a wifom timer wrt my immunity and their attacks, once they're dead, we win.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Hey, scum... yeah, you guys... listen. Look at how very much heat I drew away from you. Look at how much heat I always draw. I'm scum irl, surely I'll soak a lynch for you eventually...

or are you too cowardly? Am I too obviously the target? Will a doc rescue me? Wouldn't wanna waste a nk... what if... what if I'm wrong in the morning... Hm? What then? Wasted nk. Totes wasted. Surely I wasn't so loving lucky as to get everything right, right? They'll lynch me for sure! Someone will save RF or RN. Wanna flip that coin? If one lives and you kill the other, I'm right back where I was today - no evidence, nothing to back me up.

Killing me tonight is stupid and you know it.

That's my play.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

peramene posted:

Hey, scum... yeah, you guys... listen. Look at how very much heat I drew away from you. Look at how much heat I always draw. I'm scum irl, surely I'll soak a lynch for you eventually...

or are you too cowardly? Am I too obviously the target? Will a doc rescue me? Wouldn't wanna waste a nk... what if... what if I'm wrong in the morning... Hm? What then? Wasted nk. Totes wasted. Surely I wasn't so loving lucky as to get everything right, right? They'll lynch me for sure! Someone will save RF or RN. Wanna flip that coin? If one lives and you kill the other, I'm right back where I was today - no evidence, nothing to back me up.

Killing me tonight is stupid and you know it.

That's my play.
Evidence for this being some kind of crazy peraplot grows by the minute.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

I remember when I tried the "Look at me, I'm the town savior power role, everybody follow my lead, I hope I don't die for being so helpful, oh hey I'm still alive, it's clearly because scum think they can get me lynched" gambit.

For future reference, it works better if you have a scum team willing to let you bus them and you claim a tracker role rather than...whatever silly bullshit you're going on about.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

redneck nazgul posted:

I remember when I tried the "Look at me, I'm the town savior power role, everybody follow my lead, I hope I don't die for being so helpful, oh hey I'm still alive, it's clearly because scum think they can get me lynched" gambit.

For future reference, it works better if you have a scum team willing to let you bus them and you claim a tracker role rather than...whatever silly bullshit you're going on about.
You should check out flipless mafia, especially the scumdoc. pera and I were scum that game, and we got away with a lot of crazy bullshit almost specifically because no scum would do that. (Case in point: Our back-up plan for night 3 was for her to NK me.)

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

I'm well aware of the "no scum would do that" clause.

I'm also well aware that she's made several slips and hasn't confirmed any information that someone hasn't provided already.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

PMush Perfect posted:

You should check out flipless mafia, especially the scumdoc. pera and I were scum that game, and we got away with a lot of crazy bullshit almost specifically because no scum would do that. (Case in point: Our back-up plan for night 3 was for her to NK me.)

swoon

redneck nazgul posted:

I'm well aware of the "no scum would do that" clause.

I'm also well aware that she's made several slips and hasn't confirmed any information that someone hasn't provided already.

as you die screaming
know that I forgive you

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

PMush Perfect posted:

Evidence for this being some kind of crazy peraplot grows by the minute.

if they kill me tonight then all of that poo poo "yesterday" was for nothing!! i gotta try something and WIFOMing the hell out of them is all I've got

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

PMush Perfect posted:

Wait what

gently caress I thought we had another 20 minutes

For some insane reason Pig made the deadline half past the hour.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Jedit posted:

For some insane reason Pig made the deadline half past the hour.

sucks

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Retro Futurist - vanilla town puked his guts up, literally on n2.

Here was what new opops role pm looked like

You are "Mosquitos"

Town aligned Vanilla.

You win when all threats to town are eliminated.

It is day 3 do the thing.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Not Voting (10): chaoslord, Flying Leatherman, Hal Incandenza, Jedit, peramene, PMush Perfect, redneck nazgul, Somberbrero, Tired Moritz, Yorkshire Tea

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is July 17th, 2017 at 11:30 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 12 hours.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

No NK.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

:ghost: Well that...Sucks! :haw:

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
SIGH.

Pretty sure I see how this goes.

(Jedit is not the poisoner.)

Last game w/ me and mush, we withheld multiple kills to back up our stories and antagonize town. With only opop dead, my predictions aren't worth nearly what they ought to have been.

tl;dr: pretty sure I've been outplayed. No idea how.

When I'm dead: Somber and nazgul claimed night-effects before I explicitly indicated knowledge of 3p parties then refused to clarify or lurked until almost the end of the day, when it looked like the jig was up on me.

Unless anyone wants to claim they "smell something funny?"

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
"pera jumped right on the new day!!"

I got pm'd my fail result on Jedit, obviously.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
nothing changed with my opinion

##vote Somberbrero

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
I can't even figure the framejob here. RF said he was sick and then he died because he was sick. The cause of death messages have been different, but RF knew he was sick. Prior knowledge indicates at least the presence of a poisoner, right?

No mod would present that much info in line with player knowledge without it being true.

Why no nk from scum? (This is a very odd scum team.) I can't imagine they would've withheld this early - part of why it worked so well in flipless was there were so few people we needed to turn on Ecco. Does that mean I won the wifom coinflip? Was I saved??

If you know RF is going to die, why bank on withholding to sink me? Like, I still predicted his death and his cause of death???

This only sets me up as the poisoner (or another 3p, I guess) and doesn't... accomplish anything else? Is dunking me that important?

Like, even when I die, the truth is right there in my impending flip?? Why do this?

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Sorry for the spam, still trying to get ahead of the impending play against me somehow.

If they want to claim I'm a scum poisoner, PMush knows I wouldn't have given up the chance to kill her or Jedit in that situation. (Tho down that road lies only wifom admittedly)

If they want to claim I'm an arsonist, why isn't RN dead? (Operating under the assumption that nobody else was doused, at least.) His description is cut and dry obviously loving gasoline and his claim is vt. If I were an arsonist, I'd want RN dead just to back up my ridiculous bullshit but especially to get easily the rudest voice against me I've ever seen off the board.

Scum leaving me alive does draw the lynch today, okay, but withholding loses them the extra kill (had to do a lot of thinking about withholding with mush) that drawing the lynch earns them unless I'm a scum arsonist and LOL@THAT because by having RN screech down my throat the moment I drop his name instead of RF's and THEN drop the gasoline claim when he did?? Why the gently caress, at that stage in the day, would he say that? Why would I have waited for two people and then dove in?

Even the introduction of complex "moving parts" (I really like this phrase) beyond this is against the presentation that this game is nightphase simple which god drat it, I loving warned ya'll.

There's no situation where RF is poisoned - CLEARLY - and RN says what he said which is so obviously loving gasoline as predicted and I'm the one what did both. So, what, the entire scum team has multiple killing powers? Bullshit.

That's the best I can do.

(At the very least, I am doing a very good job of blocking the aisle.)

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
nobody reads long posts: gulp

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Okay.

So either scum chose no NK for the insane reason of discrediting you pera instead of going another dead town up.

Or we have a doctor.

Or someone with bulletproof.

Or someone who can hide.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
/tableflip

I'm going to see a spiderman

if you're gonna hammer me at least let me drop my n1 intel first ok

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Oh, and we're now up to 3 of 3 dead VT in a game where Peramene's claim requires at least five and probably seven non-VT in a 13 player game.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Jedit posted:

Oh, and we're now up to 3 of 3 dead VT in a game where Peramene's claim requires at least five and probably seven non-VT in a 13 player game.

where are you pulling these numbers from

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
It draws on the assumption that Permene's list of potential killers is the exact same as the killers in the game.

Which was dismissed by most straight up.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

peramene posted:

Cool.

As obnoxiously breadcrumbed yesterday, I am third party but prefer to be town-aligned. As not-completely-breadcrumbed-but-I-was-working-on-it, I'm a bounty hunter. I win by securing the deaths of third party killers and then there's a list of five total 3p killing roles.

Arsonist, Assassin, Ninja, Poisoner, and Serial Killer.

I don't want to come out and say "these five assholes are here; from the PM and flavor of "somebody blocking the aisle at a supermarket," it seems to me far more likely that only some of these powers are here and I'm trying to identify which and what and who they've been used on. My PM doesn't explicitly state I have to win with town but that I can, and obviously that's much easier.

I was being cagey to try to draw out information to use to this end.

It's this post here.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Tired Moritz posted:

where are you pulling these numbers from

Pera claims 3P: 1

Pera claims to be hunting 3P. It's unlikely she only has one target, so that's a minimum of two more: 3

There must be scum in the game - see previous arguments. Again, we can presume a minimum of two so that's five non-VT roles (and indeed five non-Town). I would also have to question there only being two scum in a game where they could both be killed on N1.

On top of that, you have eight Town in a game with a potential three NKs. There's no way all the Town are vanilla, we would be completely hosed. And there being no NK apart from the poisoning last night more than suggests there is at least one Town defensive role.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I'm surprised that she went through all that posting without thinking of Doc or BP. Only one person died, it was too discredit her, here's four long posts.

And by 'surprised', I mean 'not buying it any more'.

##vote peramene

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

PMush Perfect posted:

I'm surprised that she went through all that posting without thinking of Doc or BP. Only one person died, it was too discredit her, here's four long posts.

And by 'surprised', I mean 'not buying it any more'.

##vote peramene

I'm not putting my vote down just yet, in case some other things happened at night, but the Pera lynch is pretty obvious as the best move at the moment imo.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
you know, i've come around on pera.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

What.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Somberbrero posted:

O rly

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Somberbrero posted:

Why?