Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
While the Art Academy is still up in Europe:

You can paint and jump onto the sculpture here, and from there, jump into the opponents side of the map. Odds are if you have the chance to jump up there your team is set already, but it could be a way to scare a pesky sniper out or just have fun.

Icedude posted:

You can adjust the pitch of the music on the "Waiting for players" screen with the left stick :allears:

...and it's already Ice Cream vs Ice Cream :smith:

No more minigames sadly, but if you want to play with the music:

Left Control Stick is Pitch, Right Control Stick is Percussion.

ABYX are original background voices, D-Pad seems to be a new set.

ZL and ZR are the echo-y sound in the background? Maybe L&R do something too, but I couldn't tell.

I tend to mash while waiting, so it was fun realizing the odd sounding waiting room and Victory/Loss music was completely my fault.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

The first testfire used about 150MB an hour. Seems alright to me, and I've only got about 3.5GB a month with rollover, 2GB without. Not something I'd do every day, though.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
This game is insanely fuckin' good.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

enojy posted:

The first testfire used about 150MB an hour. Seems alright to me, and I've only got about 3.5GB a month with rollover, 2GB without. Not something I'd do every day, though.

I'll add to that that I'm limited to about 5.5meg d/l speed and less than one meg up where I am right now and I'm having zero problem connecting and no lag - and that's an American crashing the EU splatfest

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
The motion controls are making my brain hurt, especially since there was vertical Y stick adjustment in BotW

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Lakbay posted:

The motion controls are making my brain hurt, especially since there was vertical Y stick adjustment in BotW

Nothing stopping you from switching to plain old thumbstick controls in the options.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I see what you all were talking about earlier about sometimes not even needing to engage because I'm 100% sure I've won matches when I just checked our own backyard and filled in some gaps for a 2% win.

Waterfall of Salt
May 14, 2013

Ow, my eye

Lakbay posted:

And also in Splatoon 1. Also, you can't center vertically anymore with Y when you have motion controls on and that's an even bigger sin.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Lost most of my games so far by 10% or so. These kids dont know squid :rolleyes:

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Nothing stopping you from switching to plain old thumbstick controls in the options.

I wanna try to git gud

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Waterfall of Salt posted:

Also, you can't center vertically anymore with Y when you have motion controls on and that's an even bigger sin.

Yes you can? Thats exactly what that button does :confused:

Icedude fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Jul 15, 2017

Waterfall of Salt
May 14, 2013

Ow, my eye

Icedude posted:

Yes you can? Thats exactly what that button does :confused:

It centers it horizontally but you remain at the same Y-level as you did before. Playing handheld if that makes a difference.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Decided to help my friend out with shooting a video today which ate into Splatfest time but only a few minutes away from home now and so excited!!!!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Pierson posted:

I see what you all were talking about earlier about sometimes not even needing to engage because I'm 100% sure I've won matches when I just checked our own backyard and filled in some gaps for a 2% win.

Leaving backspace gaps is a rookie mistake.

Coolspaz
Feb 26, 2004
And so it came to pass, and so it was told, quoth the raven "never more"
I get to play in 4.5 hours, and I'm excited. My first order of business is to not be dead last in every battle, if I can accomplish that, I'll be happy

NormenKD
Jul 14, 2013
Whats that "ice cream power" meter? Showing "current" and "highest" with some numbers.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Coolspaz posted:

I get to play in 4.5 hours, and I'm excited. My first order of business is to not be dead last in every battle, if I can accomplish that, I'll be happy
How is that calculated anyway? I see it records usage of specials and kills, does it also record area inked?

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Match making rating. Play 7 matches to get a power rating.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Huh, I tried getting on my JP account but it still connects me to the US servers and splatfest. What gives?

Anwyays, US splatfest coming up.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I'm pretty sure ownership doesn't transfer over regions, and not over the separate accounts required to download in different regions. So if you want to play in US, JP, and EU you need to buy the game 3 times.

Yeah this.

LPG Giant
Feb 20, 2011

Zaphod42 posted:

Huh, I tried getting on my JP account but it still connects me to the US servers and splatfest. What gives?

Anwyays, US splatfest coming up.

Yeah there's three different game files out there: one for jp, eu and us/au. So you need to get on the eshop with your jp account. Us splatfest is not for another 4 hours right?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

LPG Giant posted:

Yeah there's three different game files out there: one for jp, eu and us/au. So you need to get on the eshop with your jp account. Us splatfest is not for another 4 hours right?

Yeah we've got till

Saturday, 7/15

3 PM—7 PM PACIFIC

5 PM - 9 PM CENTRAL

6 PM - 10 PM EASTERN

Coolspaz
Feb 26, 2004
And so it came to pass, and so it was told, quoth the raven "never more"

Pierson posted:

How is that calculated anyway? I see it records usage of specials and kills, does it also record area inked?

It recorded area inked in the test fire so I can only hope so (that's what I will try not to be last in)

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
So many ice cream vs ice cream in EU

Having a hell of a time though

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Zaphod42 posted:

Yeah we've got till

Saturday, 7/15

3 PM—7 PM PACIFIC

5 PM - 9 PM CENTRAL

6 PM - 10 PM EASTERN

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. I forgot about time zones being a thing. So much for having the entire afternoon to play before going out to dinner.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Escobarbarian posted:

So many ice cream vs ice cream in EU

Having a hell of a time though

Yeah I've had maybe one or two ice cream Vs cake fights so far

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
gently caress I love being able to play this game with the Pro Controller

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Nephzinho posted:

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. I forgot about time zones being a thing. So much for having the entire afternoon to play before going out to dinner.

EU splatfest is live and running for the next 2 hours. Create an EU account and get downloadin!

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Excited to play the NA test fire tonight. During the global testfire I was dropping from matches or failing to connect constantly whenever on wi-fi. Last night I played on wi-fi the whole time and had no connection issues at all. If the full game feels like that most of the time I'll be thrilled.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Do you need 4 people to play Splatfest with a team? Not working with just my friend and I. Was hoping it'd just auto-connect two more.

NormenKD
Jul 14, 2013

Escobarbarian posted:

Do you need 4 people to play Splatfest with a team? Not working with just my friend and I. Was hoping it'd just auto-connect two more.

seems to be that way. the rules state to gather 4 friends, not up to 4.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I only bummed splatoon 1 off my wii-u having friend and I forgot how hard it is to make a comeback on Moray Towers if you're getting owned early on

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Escobarbarian posted:

Yeah it should have been obvious like, a week ago? We posted about this a ton in the thread. We warned ya!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I don't keep up with this thread y'all post a lot of nonsense about the squid girls and whatnot

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Yeah it does suck though, I have a friend or two who will play but not 3.

We'll see how the final game is, or how salmon run is. Hopefully you can salmon run with 2?

I'm in the EU splatfest right now!

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

I'm sure the direct from the other day said you can queue with a friend to be matched with other pairs for 4v4.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
That's probably for the main game, and not this Splatfest?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I mean just friggin try it and see what happens

Reggie probably won't bust through your wall and smash your Switch or anything

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Superman punch is my new favorite super by a loving mile holy poo poo

The jetpack is really fun too though, and requires finesse.

And the lock-on missiles feel way more fair than the inkzooka from splat1. The lock-on and missile barrage feels cooler, but its much easier to dodge and less OP.

Overall LOVING splat 2 already!

jackhunter64 posted:

I'm sure the direct from the other day said you can queue with a friend to be matched with other pairs for 4v4.

Cool

Escobarbarian posted:

That's probably for the main game, and not this Splatfest?

Yeah exactly

Dr Cheeto posted:

I mean just friggin try it and see what happens

Reggie probably won't bust through your wall and smash your Switch or anything

He did try it and he couldn't get it to work.

The graphics before showed specifically 4 squids so I could see that being how it works in the demo.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I've said this before but drat being able to choose your jump point while waiting to respawn is such an awesome game-changer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

drat, I was inking the ice cream team until the map swap and now I haven't won a single humpback match