Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Okay I was totally anti-Pearl for a long time but she's got dance moves, growing on me

The neon messages are amazing

Escobarbarian posted:

I've said this before but drat being able to choose your jump point while waiting to respawn is such an awesome game-changer

Yeah I was just about to post about how cool this is, saves so much time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

Waterfall of Salt posted:

And also in Splatoon 1. Also, you can't center vertically anymore with Y when you have motion controls on and that's an even bigger sin.

It seems like it centers vertically but only within certain bounds, which is a pain if you're reclining in the couch in handheld or whatever - you need to hold the Switch close to vertically for it to center.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I wish I could remap buttons or just remap my muscle memory because after 300 hours of BotW I'm pressing to bring up the map instead of to jump and it is just loving killing me.

Gotta get my splat memory back so I can suck at zelda again I guess

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

The Bloop posted:

I wish I could remap buttons or just remap my muscle memory because after 300 hours of BotW I'm pressing to bring up the map instead of to jump and it is just loving killing me.

Gotta get my splat memory back so I can suck at zelda again I guess

Same, I keep pressing map and I'm like fak fak fak

All games in TYOOL2017 should have button control options

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
No way ice cream isn't winning this Splatfest. All my losses have been to other ice cream teams. Wiping the floor with the cakes.

e: I'm very glad I swapped jump and sprint on BotW cause jump is the same as here

Afro
May 29, 2007

Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit
literall all of the buttons do something to the music while waiting for the match to start

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Afro posted:

literall all of the buttons do something to the music while waiting for the match to start

*presses home button*

*is not disappointed*

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

And the EU Splatfest is over. Definitely hyped for the full game now, shame my Pro controller didn't arrive before this weekend like Amazon said it would :argh:

Escobarbarian posted:

No way ice cream isn't winning this Splatfest. All my losses have been to other ice cream teams. Wiping the floor with the cakes.

e: I'm very glad I swapped jump and sprint on BotW cause jump is the same as here

Yeah, every single match against Team Cake was a win for me too. Then again, it might be like Splatoon 1 and Cake will technically get more wins due to every match they had being against Ice Cream, while Ice Cream were mostly fighting themselves.

Also yeah, swapping Y and B in BoTW was a no-brainer, and I'm glad I did for this.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

how long does it take for results to show up? are they precanned or custom made to specific results?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Futaba Anzu posted:

how long does it take for results to show up? are they precanned or custom made to specific results?

The results should be live an hour after the splatfest ends

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Forgot about timezones so I was walkin around the lobby lookin at drawings and someone had drawn macho man holding a cone with the text "ice cream of the crop"

owns

LPG Giant
Feb 20, 2011
I enjoyed this splatfest a lot more. Knowing the maps allowed me to get the jump on some team ice cream fuckers with the roller. I also had several cake v cake matches: was cake actually more popular in Europe?

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
I had a bunch of Ice Cream v Ice Cream matches and also I was bad. Need to fiddle with that sensitivity a bit maybe - I need to react to stuff faster and keep a better distance.

Doc V
Mar 20, 2010
Finished at 97/99. Just one more match, Nintendo, one more match :negative:

Played most matches with the roller and man, the vertical flick is so good.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
How many maps is the full game launching with? I got a little time on the first two but the full two hours on the skatepark/Moray Towers and they felt fantastic.

Lobstertainment
Jun 10, 2004

Escobarbarian posted:

I've said this before but drat being able to choose your jump point while waiting to respawn is such an awesome game-changer

How do you do this? I forgot about it. I assume open map while waiting and click?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I could have sworn you could do that in Splatoon 1 but maybe I just made a habit of mashing my screen madly while I was respawning

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true
Didn't the American splatfest start an hour ago? My game keeps telling me there's nothing going on.

e: wait, I misread my timezones. It doesn't start for another hour. nvm me

Maple Leaf fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Jul 15, 2017

Reallycoolname
Feb 26, 2008

Take a look! It's in a book!
As someone who was on the cusp of buying a WiiU just for Splatoon, this wait is lethal.

At least gimme a target range, Nintendo!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Still no EU Splatfest results unless I missed something

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

The Deleter posted:

I had a bunch of Ice Cream v Ice Cream matches and also I was bad. Need to fiddle with that sensitivity a bit maybe - I need to react to stuff faster and keep a better distance.

My problem is when I need to turn 90 or 180 degrees horizontally quickly, and even at the most sensitive setting motion control setting you can't look left or right super quick and I haven't found a Y stick sensitivity I like yet.

Going to try divided joy cons for the US splatfest

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Lakbay posted:

Going to try divided joy cons for the US splatfest

The motion is all in the Joycon R.

It's my favorite setup.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
https://twitter.com/Gimbal_switch/status/886338144458555392

:colbert:

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

hmmmm. no.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I remember this reference to the 2006 film 300

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Escobarbarian posted:

Still no EU Splatfest results unless I missed something

The results should already be announced by now in-game. Check by launching the demo again.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Pierson posted:

How many maps is the full game launching with? I got a little time on the first two but the full two hours on the skatepark/Moray Towers and they felt fantastic.

I'm not sure, but probably quite a few, and then splat 1 got constant free map updates and I expect the same from splat2.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

I forgot to get some ice cream for tonight :(

NormenKD
Jul 14, 2013

Scholtz posted:

I forgot to get some ice cream for tonight :(

it didn't even occur to me :negative:

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

We're live!

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Set up a team room. Waiting 5 minutes or until I have 3 partners.

E:SW-1600-3796-9312

Lol @ disconnecting to enter the home menu. I'll keep it open a little longer and check in once in a while if I can't get any bites

Not a Children fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Jul 15, 2017

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Not a Children posted:

Set up a team room. Waiting 5 minutes or until I have 3 partners.

What's your friend code? I'll join.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

What team are you in?

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

LethalGeek posted:

What team are you in?

Ice cream

e: taking too long to get 4. Will attempt again in a half hour

Not a Children fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Jul 15, 2017

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Add me if on team ice cream. I have a room open for 3 players. I'm under the name Sean if you already added me.

SW-1651-3438-4706

The new Splatfest battle theme is incredible.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I keep getting a communication error?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Got Ineffiable in. Need two more!

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

SeANMcBAY posted:

Got Ineffiable in. Need two more!

adding you now

TwoDice
Feb 11, 2005
Not one, two.
Grimey Drawer

SeANMcBAY posted:

Add me if on team ice cream. I have a room open for 3 players. I'm under the name Sean if you already added me.

SW-1651-3438-4706

The new Splatfest battle theme is incredible.

sent you an invite, I have 2 peoples

edit: welp
anyone else want a room? my code is SW-7770-2949-2782
nm got one

TwoDice fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Jul 15, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

EDIT: Full!

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Jul 15, 2017