Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
i think she might be cool is all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
drat.

How the hell is an arsonist supposed to win in this setup? Outlive town, scum, AND a poisoner?

My pm tells me I have the ability to douse up to two targets (no more) and the ability to ignite as distinct actions. It takes two nights to kill a single person, and three to kill two. It also tells me I have a single shot of poison immunity.

Either this is a balancing mechanic for arsonist v. poisoner, or something else I don't understand. I came into this game believing victory was impossible without a clear and decisive power grab right up front. I went for it, failing to convince mush means I've failed.

I confess. I'm an arsonist. But what I really want - what seems possible to me, is to outlive the poisoner. To flip my hair and dance and say "arsonist sucks" on the way out.

So. The most damage I can possibly do is two at a time, one of whom might even be scum. But I made two big mistakes (they should be quite obvious now) that have put me in a rather curious position.

N1 I doused redneck nazgul (as he so helpfully did indeed state and as accused did indeed gently caress up), N2 I tried to ignite him and failed.

At the moment - as you can all confirm for yourselves (or lie about<3!) no one is doused.

Therefore: why do scum (and my arch-nemesis) the favor of lynching me? Now that I've confessed, I humbly submit that to do so would be anti-town.

My game's over, arsonist sucks, I lose. I admit it. But I also can't kill anybody.

There's a poisoner, me, and scum out there. Let me be clear: RN revealed that I doused him. He is not dead, as I clearly anticipated. RF, however, is. There's no reason to lynch me today. Indeed, there's no reason to lynch me

Make them do it. I promise not to douse anyone else unless so instructed.

tldr - I'm an arsonist, but I lose. Don't waste a lynch on me.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
I am pretty cool tho.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Awfully loving suspicious imo somber

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
oh COME ON

you were posting five loving minutes ago, get back here

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I like you a lot perameme! ##vote perameme

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Hal Incandenza posted:

I like you a lot perameme! ##vote perameme

thanks hal you seem pretty cool too (lynch somber next)

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

peramene posted:

thanks hal you seem pretty cool too (lynch somber next)

definitely

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
no guys i think pera is cool.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
almost as cool as all the idiots who prevented the lynch of a claimed third party, who SURPRISE SURPRISE, was lying.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Somberbrero posted:

no guys i think pera is cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_zeiKrRTuk

buckle up buckaroo

would everyone please picture me trapping somber in a warehouse full of gasoline and setting the two of us on fire

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
(I'm gonna play wow with my girlfriend <3

poisoner and scum can kill tonight, I can't.

love, pera.)

##vote Somber

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
goddamn it

playing with pera is strange and confusing

##vote pera

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
hey tm you can eat my butt

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
if you want.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
somberbrero is probably poisoner tho

and depends, do you have a cute heinie

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Tired Moritz posted:

somberbrero is probably poisoner tho

and depends, do you have a cute heinie

omg you are a box of rocks.

and yeah it's pretty good but i don't know how you'd tell with your own head up your rear end.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
don't hate me for being suspicious of someone that immediately went "I GIVE UP THIS GAME SUCKS" when someone claimed something.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Tired Moritz posted:

don't hate me for being suspicious of someone that immediately went "I GIVE UP THIS GAME SUCKS" when someone claimed something.

o yah that's exactly what happened.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
remember when i was one of several complete fuckers who hosed up day two with all our fuckery?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
you couldn't decide whether you wanted to believe pera or not, switching from "they're lying so we should lynch them" to "they're saying the truth and I hate this so we should lynch them" to "they're 3p so we should lynch them."

idk why you're suddenly getting sassy at me, it's not like I was the only one who thinks you're scummy.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Tired Moritz posted:

you couldn't decide whether you wanted to believe pera or not, switching from "they're lying so we should lynch them" to "they're saying the truth and I hate this so we should lynch them" to "they're 3p so we should lynch them."

idk why you're suddenly getting sassy at me, it's not like I was the only one who thinks you're scummy.

because i have wasted hours of my life trying to explain something simple to you and you still don't get it.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
youre kinda melodramatic

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

peramene posted:

I love you for making this attempt at a hail mary pass.

It won't work, but I admire it all the same.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

##vote peramene

Nice try, novice, but don't mess with the maestro.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
what if pera town thoe.... think about it

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Somberbrero posted:

what if pera town thoe.... think about it

Hey pera, I'll withdraw my vote and fake a cop investigation to clear you...if you eat a bug.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I will eat a bug just for the heck of it

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

:bahgawd: I HEAR ONE BUG, CAN I GET A SECOND BUG TO SPARE THE LIFE OF HISTRIONIC AND SELF-CLAIMED THIRD PARTY MURDERER, PERAMENE

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Hal Incandenza posted:

I will eat a bug just for the heck of it
I ate a bug just for the heck of it, and will share the video if someone does something stupid for my amusement.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

redneck nazgul posted:

Hey pera, I'll withdraw my vote and fake a cop investigation to clear you...if you eat a bug.

big if true

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Don't turbo pera, please, I just thought of something and am about to post about it.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
bug if true xD

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Jedit posted:

Don't turbo pera, please, I just thought of something and am about to post about it.

##unvote

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

peramene posted:

drat.

How the hell is an arsonist supposed to win in this setup? Outlive town, scum, AND a poisoner?

My pm tells me I have the ability to douse up to two targets (no more) and the ability to ignite as distinct actions. It takes two nights to kill a single person, and three to kill two. It also tells me I have a single shot of poison immunity.

Either this is a balancing mechanic for arsonist v. poisoner, or something else I don't understand. I came into this game believing victory was impossible without a clear and decisive power grab right up front. I went for it, failing to convince mush means I've failed.

I confess. I'm an arsonist. But what I really want - what seems possible to me, is to outlive the poisoner. To flip my hair and dance and say "arsonist sucks" on the way out.

So. The most damage I can possibly do is two at a time, one of whom might even be scum. But I made two big mistakes (they should be quite obvious now) that have put me in a rather curious position.

N1 I doused redneck nazgul (as he so helpfully did indeed state and as accused did indeed gently caress up), N2 I tried to ignite him and failed.

At the moment - as you can all confirm for yourselves (or lie about<3!) no one is doused.

Therefore: why do scum (and my arch-nemesis) the favor of lynching me? Now that I've confessed, I humbly submit that to do so would be anti-town.

My game's over, arsonist sucks, I lose. I admit it. But I also can't kill anybody.

There's a poisoner, me, and scum out there. Let me be clear: RN revealed that I doused him. He is not dead, as I clearly anticipated. RF, however, is. There's no reason to lynch me today. Indeed, there's no reason to lynch me

Make them do it. I promise not to douse anyone else unless so instructed.

Let's assume Pera is being fully truthful here. If Pera is the Arsonist and has one shot of poison immunity, would it not make logical sense for the Poisoner to have one shot of fire immunity?

The alternate possibility is that we have a Doctor who targeted RN. However, I don't think they should claim at this time.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
oh.

are you saying redneck is the poisoner? because they were very pro-lynching of pera, I can see it.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Belay that last a moment. It's more likely to be a scum RB on Pera, as otherwise two NKs were prevented. I also can't see the NK being used on RN, as scum could just let him die.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Jedit posted:

Let's assume Pera is being fully truthful here. If Pera is the Arsonist and has one shot of poison immunity, would it not make logical sense for the Poisoner to have one shot of fire immunity?

The alternate possibility is that we have a Doctor who targeted RN. However, I don't think they should claim at this time.
Yeah, I'd buy that, but we can't exactly do anything about it until we know if pera is lying or not.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Tired Moritz posted:

oh.

are you saying redneck is the poisoner? because they were very pro-lynching of pera, I can see it.

Yeah, that's what I'm saying. SKs and other 3PKs always want to eliminate every other killing role first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
nah redneck is town.

• Locked thread