Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Commentator
Hellpockets
James "Old Man" Chen
Ultra "I See You Colluding" David
Infiltration
UltraChen
Yipes
Chris Hu
Zhi (Late Night mode)
Zhi (Corporate Sponsored mode)
Aris
Ryan Hunter
Seth "My LoL Money" Killian
Spooky
When's Catherine?
View Results

• Locked thread
NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Unlucky7 posted:

Like Tekken 7, watching high level play makes me want to get Guilty Gear even though I am poo poo at fighting games :(

well, there isn't really a better game for learning to not suck than xrd. the tutorial systems are expansive and players are generally very friendly and happy to help and/or explain things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Maya Fey posted:

tekken7 looks cool but i have no idea wth is going on in gg at any time

They were playing that cup game at one point?

"This character is RTS inspired" :psyduck:

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Johnny is extremely cool, and Omito is extremely good, and I don't care about that loser Nage anymore Omito gonna win

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
stop omito, purepure is already dead :(

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Unlucky7 posted:

Like Tekken 7, watching high level play makes me want to get Guilty Gear even though I am poo poo at fighting games :(

yeah its too bad everyone else was good at fighting games when they started playing them

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Omito is so clean. His spacing is so good.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Dragongem posted:

stop omito, purepure is already dead :(

Can't stop. Gotta stab

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
F word and another euro are going full redneck trump in the SFV stream right now

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

This just in: Jack-O' is on her back-o.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Tae posted:

F word and another euro are going full redneck trump in the SFV stream right now

what does this mean

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

NecroMonster posted:

well, there isn't really a better game for learning to not suck than xrd. the tutorial systems are expansive and players are generally very friendly and happy to help and/or explain things.

I think I might try Guilty Gear when I get back to my PS4 in the fall, I saw the tutorial modes and it seems to actually have the tutorials that people who say "Fighting games should have better tutorials" are asking for

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

NecroMonster posted:

I played Revelator (not R2) before. Playing randos online kinda demoralized me.

Still concidering getting R2 and giving it another fair shake though,

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

fadam posted:

what does this mean

They put an american hat over one of their faces and recited all of trump's speeches except replacing some words with fgc terms

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl
PurePure is the underdog I'm rooting for, but drat. That was just a murder.

Kobold Sex Tape
Feb 17, 2011

time for people unfamiliar with xrd to not be able to keep up with this match

Kobold Sex Tape
Feb 17, 2011

Gotta Go Fast: The Match

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

mango sentinel posted:

Did anyone see that character select screen thing on EVO3 just now because lol

https://imgur.com/a/CCBpU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Tae posted:

They put an american hat over one of their faces and recited all of trump's speeches except replacing some words with fgc terms

sounds bad

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I think I might try Guilty Gear when I get back to my PS4 in the fall, I saw the tutorial modes and it seems to actually have the tutorials that people who say "Fighting games should have better tutorials" are asking for

It totally does and it still got 1/3 the entrants SFV did, and also less than either T7 or Injustice, so it's almost as if the existence of great tutorials is not actually a thing that matters when it comes to popularity.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Teresa went down like a sack of bricks.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
The audience is now deaf

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
jam :smith:

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
man just some freight trains rolling right now

also bummed it's only 2 of 3

Kobold Sex Tape
Feb 17, 2011

venom is the coolest character i hope he doesnt just get raven'd to death

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl
Should you fight Chipp in the air? --> Are you playing Milia? --> (No) --> Do not fight Chipp in the air.

melodicwaffle
Oct 9, 2012

Call or fold?

jam, meet toast :smith:

Teresa did great though, totally changed my opinion on Jam. Looking forward to this 310 match

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Veib posted:

It totally does and it still got 1/3 the entrants SFV did, and also less than either T7 or Injustice, so it's almost as if the existence of great tutorials is not actually a thing that matters when it comes to popularity.

for every one person who genuinely would get into fighting games if better tutorials were more standard there's ten people who say that but really just like making excuses to themselves

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

where is testament and bridget

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Thread Title redux: Puyo Puyo Tetris Doubles, get hype https://www.twitch.tv/ghoul02

Pools start in a few minutes, top 8 should be in an hour and a half

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

310... you must succeed!!

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

310 getting wrecked something fierce

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

kazunoko just loving rolled over him

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
rip

That Raven pressure.....

melodicwaffle
Oct 9, 2012

Call or fold?

raven...is uncool

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Thank you!

melodicwaffle posted:

raven...is uncool

Me watching Raven in Xrd

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Dang it, I was going to drop out for the Splatfest but now I am invested :saddowns:

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Nage vs Kazunoko gently caress

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

melodicwaffle posted:

raven...is uncool

https://twitter.com/kazunoko0215/status/886345995461640192

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Brother Entropy posted:

for every one person who genuinely would get into fighting games if better tutorials were more standard there's ten people who say that but really just like making excuses to themselves

To follow up on this: I picked up Xrd as someone who has pretty much never touched a fighting game in my life. I think Xrd's tutorials are excellent, but fighting games like Xrd have a really huge combined barrier to entry (large number of mechanical inputs + large burden of knowledge for what every character can do and specific matchup knowledge) that tutorials can only alleviate somewhat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

I like cast diversity a lot but drat all these matches in top 8 have been landslides and it's kinda dull! Hope semis shows a little back and forth lol

• Locked thread