Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

IOwnCalculus posted:

Fourthgens are great

donors. :colbert:

In all seriousness a track rat fourthgen would be fun but the price on them is absurd.

Yeah agreed. Intact fourthgens are cool cars that make good noises, and busted fourthgens make other cars cool by donating the noise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

IOwnCalculus posted:

Fourthgens are great

donors. :colbert:

In all seriousness a track rat fourthgen would be fun but the price on them is absurd.

This is me not empty quoting.

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

Jymmybob posted:

I love weirding people out with the 968 lights especially since they almost look upright enough that people don't realize they're flip-ups. The conversions to 993 fixed lights are gorgeous although they need entire new fenders or carefully hacking together 993 and 968 fenders.

I'm gonna need to see an example of 993 lights on a 968.

Edit: googled it. Not sure how I feel about the results.

https://rennlist.com/forums/968-forum/523665-various-new-968-products-turbo-rs-type-ii-wing-993-headlight-conversion.html

DropShadow fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Jul 8, 2017

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
I love this silly car. :allears:

Edit:

I also made it very shiny:

FlapYoJacks fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Jul 8, 2017

Jymmybob
Jun 26, 2000

Grimey Drawer

DropShadow posted:

I'm gonna need to see an example of 993 lights on a 968.

Edit: googled it. Not sure how I feel about the results.

https://rennlist.com/forums/968-forum/523665-various-new-968-products-turbo-rs-type-ii-wing-993-headlight-conversion.html

There's a few styles since only D9 made an actual kit with new bumpers and fenders so most ended up being custom versions with various success. I think this is one of the better ones though.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I'm with Team It Looks Better Original. That looks like a 944 and a TVR Chimaera had very strong feelings for one another.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGV5WPiOqUw

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

:feelsgood: I believe that V8 M cars are leading the way in destroyed tires itt

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Bape Culture posted:

So how often do you skid it?

Good work, your V8 M3 is finally cool AND good.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

I bought a thing.

(2014 FR-S, was a lease return with 52,000 km on it and no accidents.)

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Ether Frenzy posted:

Good work, your V8 M3 is finally cool AND good.

God that quote is from page 75

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...
My dad has had front engined Porsches for probably 15 years now and his current 1994 968 is just sitting there turning Guards Pink. I don't even think its been started in 4 months :(

Jymmybob
Jun 26, 2000

Grimey Drawer
Give it to me :3:

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Wow, I haven't been in AI in so long. When did you do the swap?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I think I finished it in like March?

I polished it!

Bape Culture fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Jul 10, 2017

fingerling
Mar 7, 2010
WELL I MAKE loving TERRIBLE FINANCIAL DECISION(s)

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

That'll do a burnout.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Bape Culture posted:

That'll do a burnout.

But will it do the ZL1 burnout? :v:

fingerling
Mar 7, 2010

Bape Culture posted:

That'll do a burnout.

Oh it does. Didn't realise how much of the tyres the Chaser (white) had eaten until I was selling it today. Holy gently caress, felt guilty (told the guy, though).
New car is a 2000 JZX110. Exactly the same running gear as the Chaser. 1JZ+R154.
Better interior is the only upgrade.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Kazinsal posted:

I bought a thing.

(2014 FR-S, was a lease return with 52,000 km on it and no accidents.)

Nice! I was considering one of these for a while but ultimately went with a hatchback for child seat usage. How do you like it so far?

crutt
Sep 13, 2003
Hamhock Captain.

Truck doing truck stuff. LSA supercharger sitting in my garage, cam stuff on the way, apparently I like to burn money.

crutt fucked around with this message at 12:09 on Jul 13, 2017

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

crutt posted:

Truck doing truck stuff. LSA supercharger sitting in my garage, cam stuff on the way, apparently I like to burn money.

Although your taste in wheels differs from mine, I can say with certainty that you are a fundamentally good person. :patriot:

post a thread when you start cracking it open, eh?

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

angryhampster posted:

Nice! I was considering one of these for a while but ultimately went with a hatchback for child seat usage. How do you like it so far?

I'm enjoying it. It's a good around town car and a phenomenal back road cruising car.

As I learned today though, it is NOT a "go up 35 degree incline gravel roads" car. That was a good solid two minutes of the traction control light blinking on and off to get up about 80 feet of hill.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Raluek posted:

Although your taste in wheels differs from mine, I can say with certainty that you are a fundamentally good person. :patriot:

post a thread when you start cracking it open, eh?

They're not 26" rims with low-profile "off-road" tires, so there will be no remarks from me.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Kazinsal posted:

I'm enjoying it. It's a good around town car and a phenomenal back road cruising car.

As I learned today though, it is NOT a "go up 35 degree incline gravel roads" car. That was a good solid two minutes of the traction control light blinking on and off to get up about 80 feet of hill.

Modern TC systems are either awesome or terrible. Most of the time in the snow I won't make it up a hill unless it's shut off.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Great little beater. I should have ordered a little bigger tires, but maybe Ill drop it another inch all around next spring.

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat
Hell yeah that's dope. Beater small trucks are becoming my favorite type of transportation.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Whats beater about it? That thing looks mint.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
cool wheels!

my sister has had one of those for many years and swears by it as her daily

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Thanks for the compliments, Im pretty happy with how it turned out. Definitely a 10 ft'er, I bought it off some guys who used it as a yard truck, pushing around cars that didnt run, etc, so it had a poo poo load of scratches, most buffed out abut a bunch are through the clear, you can see them in these pics. Texas truck, so no rust at all, but most of the flat surfaces have hosed up clearcoat that kinda of stuff. Also was probably broken into a million times lol, both handles show it and I had to put rods in the passenger door. Here are some pics from when I got it and one next to the fullsize I was driving. I wanted to try out an extra cab, lay the seat back a little. 4.3 Vortec CPI all power, limited slip actually works, good daily.

Interior, needed Headliner heater core, turn signal switch, blend door motor, and a window motor. I ended up finding a nicer dash local, put in a new carpet, blazer buckets, and some charcoal colored switches/armrests for a little two tone look.

all done:

Other than that, cleaned out the EGR, runs mint, 146k, 3/4 drop, belltech SP shocks, late model mirrors and front bumper, molded steel pan, going for a 90's look :bahgawd: Ill edit in another pic after I clean it tomorrow, the wheels are p.dirty in those pics they pop when clean.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I changed my mind, you have bad taste in little trees.

Cherry or bust.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Cage posted:

Cherry or bust.

Cherry is my stage name. :forkbomb:

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot

I often think "why didn't I buy a beater and save a boatload of money?" but I guess it's reasonably nice to drive and look at?

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005

Cage posted:

I changed my mind, you have bad taste in little trees.

Cherry or bust.

You only say that cause u never smelled white water :gush:

Gomba
Jul 6, 2004

You like my mustache? Thank You!
It will never stop raining in Atlanta so I can't wash it and get some nice daylight pics, but here is my new ricemobile.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
How uncomfortable is it to drive? You don't break 'ring records with a comfortable car.

Gomba
Jul 6, 2004

You like my mustache? Thank You!
It's definitely no luxury car and the road noise can get really bad but the dampers are adjustable so in comfort mode it's pretty ok. R mode is quite bad. Any major surface imperfections jar you very hard.

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
Traded in my 2015 Silverado 5.3 for a 2017 LTZ z71 with the 6.2L. It sounds much better and is about 1.5 seconds faster to 60

The number of changes between 2 model years continues to surprise me. And yes, I appreciate the irony of a Z71 with 22" wheels

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Sick truck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Jfc those rubber bands!