Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

hopeandjoy posted:

Man I don't think I'm going to make Ice Cream Queen and I entirely blame how long matchmaking is taking.

i'm gonna blame matchmaking making GBS threads the bed over the last half hour or so. i can only carry so much!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Is there a way to change weapons in the middle of a match? Or even between matches if I pick "Continue?"

And can I not back out during the searching for a game

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

You can change your equipment between matches if and only if you are queuing with a team. Otherwise you gotta back out to the plaza.

Rock Paper Tongue
Oct 24, 2016

May cause birth defects

Gimbal lock posted:

You're going to have to specify your allegiance

Sorry, that's right! We're Ice Cream, the best team.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!
I've played 8 moray towers this hour and 1 humpback

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Dieting Hippo posted:

i'm gonna blame matchmaking making GBS threads the bed over the last half hour or so. i can only carry so much!

If you lose and didn't come in first in splats and turf inked you have failed your team, otherwise yeah.

Deceptive Thinker posted:

I've played 8 moray towers this hour and 1 humpback

I stole all your humpbacks.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
My moray tower team mates kept jumping off the side at the start leaving me to paint all the way down. Then baddy roller guys snuck in behind them anyway

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

bandaid.friend posted:

My moray tower team mates kept jumping off the side at the start leaving me to paint all the way down. Then baddy roller guys snuck in behind them anyway

Paint your way down after you die once, TAKE IT TO THE ENEMY. :black101:

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
41/99

no way im gonna make it

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

If you lose and didn't come in first in splats and turf inked you have failed your team, otherwise yeah.

I stole all your humpbacks.

consistently first with like 4 tentateks fired each time :shepface: and i've gotten humpback waaaaay too many times too

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

eonwe posted:

41/99

no way im gonna make it

i believe in you. you got to paint with your heart

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Got matched with a 1950 team.

I'm 1750.

RIP

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

39 left to hit King. If matchmaking doesn't screw me over and I can win at least 6 in the next 55 minutes, I can make it.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
I'm digging Splatoon 2 way more than the first one so far. The controls are way better once you've found your settings. I feel like I'm way more in control.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i love splatoon 2

Bean
Sep 9, 2001

I have tried and tried and tried and I can't get this to work. Is there a goon Splatoon server, and how do I join?

The new roller is cool and good and my friend, and I love Humback Pump Track like my own son.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I love it more than botw

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

eonwe posted:

i love splatoon 2

eonwe posted:

I love it more than botw

This is why I got a switch and I am not disappoint

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I missed Splatoon

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider

hopeandjoy posted:

Got matched with a 1950 team.

I'm 1750.

RIP

:getin:

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Missed half of the Splatfest due to stuff. Got to penultimate rank in an hour long winning streak though, so that was fun.

Wish the netcode was a bit better; but the game is still a ton of fun. I'm happy they gave the Ink Jet to the Splattershot, but the hitbox feels wonky at times. I remember hitting a sniper so many times that the area around him was covered in my teams ink, and he still survived. Still, it's better than having the auto win inkzooka in the game.

Rock Paper Tongue
Oct 24, 2016

May cause birth defects

God I missed this game

I definitely need to practice with the ink jet more, though. I never feel like I can use it effectively

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Gimbal lock posted:

I'm digging Splatoon 2 way more than the first one so far. The controls are way better once you've found your settings. I feel like I'm way more in control.

Are they better than the test fire a little while ago? Stick aiming felt terrible and gyro only worked for vertical aiming (or horizontal, I forget which).

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I love this game

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

Republicans posted:

Are they better than the test fire a little while ago? Stick aiming felt terrible and gyro only worked for vertical aiming (or horizontal, I forget which).

if gyro is on, vertical stick aim is disabled while gyro controls in all directions

empathe
Nov 9, 2003

>:|
Game is really good

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

22 points off King now.

If I can get 3 straight wins its a sure thing.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Stick aiming feels amazing now that I'm more used to it. Netcode is perfect on wifi. What the heck, ya did a good job Reggie.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

Lol 2 points for a win - 34 for a super close loss

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true

Between this and EVO, I think that's enough internet for one day.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Not getting up to Ice Cream King since I'm lame and took a break. I think this game will keep my attention even more than the first one with all the unlockables, customization and salmon run.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
69/99

nice

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Dualies seem op

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
Having never played a Splatoon before, I am bad at this game.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Made Ice Cream Queen so now I can stop and eat some dinner.

And ice cream.

(It's birthday cake flavored as a peace offering for when we kick Cake's rear end.)

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Crawfish posted:

22 points off King now.

If I can get 3 straight wins its a sure thing.

You can do it!

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I got burned out like a hour ago but was halfway to king

I expect Cake to win for the sole reason I fought like 4 teams total and only won 1 due to messing with weapons I'm bad with (roller and splatterscope). Jetpack still sucks rear end and feels like it's impossible to kill anyone with. I don't get it at all and can't wait to get the missiles on the splattershot so I can forget that trash exists.

Also I thought Stingray is supposed to let you see people through walls? That thing is still utterly hot garbage.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

Humpback feels like if you took skatepark and dome and combined them - I dig it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I got burned out like a hour ago but was halfway to king

I expect Cake to win for the sole reason I fought like 4 teams total and only won 1 due to messing with weapons I'm bad with (roller and splatterscope). Jetpack still sucks rear end and feels like it's impossible to kill anyone with. I don't get it at all and can't wait to get the missiles on the splattershot so I can forget that trash exists.

Also I thought Stingray is supposed to let you see people through walls? That thing is still utterly hot garbage.

The jetpack seems to want a direct hit to splat someone. I mostly used it to ink stuff, but if someone sees me up there I'm gone. Even the roller guys had an easy time hitting me with their jump attack