Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Evil Eagle posted:

Ice cream wins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Waffleopolis posted:

It was fun, but I can't understand how the duelies work. How to do you do a dash with them?

Jump (not straight up) while shooting.

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

I kept forgetting that you could roll so for the 3 matches I tried using them they were just a shittier version of the splattershot. I don't think dualies are for me

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

What's the weapon in the upper right corner?

alarumklok posted:

I kept forgetting that you could roll so for the 3 matches I tried using them they were just a shittier version of the splattershot. I don't think dualies are for me

I'm bad with them but after a little practice I could see the potential... and a lot of situations where if someone had've used that dodge roll better I'd have been splatted and not them.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

They're fun but I'll probably stick with something like the nzap for turf war and something like the .96gal for ranked.

I think it's the splattershot pro in that pic.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

What's the weapon in the upper right corner?

Splattershot Pro, I think.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Thanks, I didn't hardly use automatics in Splatoon 1.

I like Marina better than Pearl, but we all know who gets the better fan art.

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I'm bad with them but after a little practice I could see the potential... and a lot of situations where if someone had've used that dodge roll better I'd have been splatted and not them.

Oh yeah I see the potential, I'm just too busy trying to eek out some semblance of aiming to add another button to the mix. You're going to win most of your ambushes regardless of weapon, and the dodge roll helps with 1v1s so it's pretty solid

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nhjppiu-q4

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Pearls popularity will rise as the gremlin fan art continues.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

C-SPAN Caller posted:

Pearls popularity will rise as the gremlin fan art continues.

So, the D.va effect then?

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Ineffiable posted:

So, the D.va effect then?

Yeah but D.Va is like if you mashed Pearl and Marina together, since she's gotten sexy fan art from the start, then got gremlin art later, and went from a D tier hero in popularity to S+

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Hmm...so splatfests are legally binding.

That's funny to think that Callie is recorded as garbage in the Inkpolis Laws.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Saint Freak posted:

Hmm...so splatfests are legally binding.

That's funny to think that Callie is recorded as garbage in the Inkpolis Laws.

Makes sense why she left.

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true
https://gfycat.com/WiltedDisastrousCock

Unfortunately, nobody answered my mating call

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Edit drat it phone posting

:smug:

LethalGeek fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Jul 16, 2017

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
I had a match facing off against a good duely user. I was mostly playing splattershot so I had distance advantage, but he'd occasionally double-dodge towards me to immediately close the gap and out-damage me. I'd hate to go against someone who gets really good at that.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Gimbal lock posted:

I had a match facing off against a good duely user. I was mostly playing splattershot so I had distance advantage, but he'd occasionally double-dodge towards me to immediately close the gap and out-damage me. I'd hate to go against someone who gets really good at that.

I find something genuinely cute about players who you can tell just found the roll button.

I had one guy take me on and he just... rolled. He was firing but missing literally every shot while rolling *loving everywhere*. I put him down as he was a danger to those around him at the time but still. :allears:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Something I really like in Splatoon 2 is that when you get splatted "This Way" changes to "Ouch!" so you can let your guys know there's someone running around behind them claiming turf.

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Something I really like in Splatoon 2 is that when you get splatted "This Way" changes to "Ouch!" so you can let your guys know there's someone running around behind them claiming turf.

Agreed, that's a really nice change. At least twice a teammate said "Ouch," letting me know that we were getting flanked and I should expect trouble behind me. The fact that you're told where they say Ouch or This Way is a huge plus.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I find something genuinely cute about players who you can tell just found the roll button.

Annie Chickenstalker
Oct 12, 2005

Of course you dont know, YOU dont know because only I know

Grimey Drawer
I never played Splatoon 1, but I really liked this splatfest. I could only use the roller to any real degree, and that's only because people never check behind themselves. I didn't even understand the sniper rifle. The dualies and smg were fine but I still felt mostly useless.

Looking forward to buying it on Friday so I can continue to not understand the basics!

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider
There's something hilarious about a roller running straight at you far from the front, refusing to diverge despite you just dumping in his face.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uvm3GixEj4

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Oh. My. Zeus. posted:

I never played Splatoon 1, but I really liked this splatfest. I could only use the roller to any real degree, and that's only because people never check behind themselves. I didn't even understand the sniper rifle. The dualies and smg were fine but I still felt mostly useless.

Looking forward to buying it on Friday so I can continue to not understand the basics!

Pro tip: If you're rolling towards someone who has seen you and they have a ranged weapon, if they have half a brain they're gonna back up and shoot you unless you're right on top of them.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider
Also: If this splatfest was representative of anything, I think that the roller's vertical spray might be the most lethal move in their arsenal. Its raw damage is really good and its range is... deceptively far.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

I'll look into it.

So, uh, how is the result in the EU? We're still waiting for ours.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Gimbal lock posted:

There's something hilarious about a roller running straight at you far from the front, refusing to diverge despite you just dumping in his face.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uvm3GixEj4

Conversely,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4UFQWKjy_I

Though admitably that doesn't happen too often these days

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Rexroom posted:

I'll look into it.

So, uh, how is the result in the EU? We're still waiting for ours.

EU and US splatfests shared results. Makes sense considering it was the same match up.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Icedude posted:

EU and US splatfests shared results. Makes sense considering it was the same match up.

So we both got the same result screen? Huh.

I wonder if this is a sign of things to come.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

I'm blaming US Cake for letting the team down

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

splatoon 2 thoughts from someone who didn't play the testfire but played a lot of splatoon 1 and this solatfest

duelies i like the idea of but they haven't clicked with me yet. i'd kinda rather have a jump than a roll. we'll see how that shakes out. missiles are a fun special to use if a little toothless.

i really don't like the roller vertical fling. i never felt like range was that big of an issue for rollers and now it just makes it harder to hit with a fling. i sincerely hope they have more traditional rollers in the full game. wasn't fond of the curling puck bomb, i'd rather just a normal splat bomb. splashdown i never really found a use for but also didn't hear until after the demo was over that you could use it mid super jump. will reevaluate later. as is the roller was kind of a wash.

splattershot was my go to for the demo. reliable, known quantity weapon. jet pack i initially thought was pretty weak but i quickly became a monster with it. frequently when i'd start flying someone on the enemy team would too and i'd just air shot them. felt great. would definitely use this set more in the full game.

didn't use charger because lol chargers

it's super cool that friends on the same team can party together for splatfests now. that was one of my major complaints about the first game. hopefully in the full game you will eventually be able to be a squad of 2 like you could in comp because i can't always swing a team of 4.

stages were alright. pretty basic and nothing to really write home about. i'd say humpback was the most noteworthy one. i was initially very skeptical about it because it felt so big but as i got more used to it it didn't feel so daunting anymore.

anyway good game, looking forward to picking it up

suck it team cake

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
The Bourgeois ice-cream-eating peasants will pay for this insult one day! ONE. DAY! :wotwot:

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider

Kaubocks posted:

wasn't fond of the curling puck bomb, i'd rather just a normal splat bomb.
Especially true since they were so ridiculously lethal compared to their sorry state by the end of Splatoon 1.
Man did I miss good splat bombs. The splat bomb barrage super used to be enough of a no-brainer for me to invest heavily in throwing range gear.

Waterfall of Salt
May 14, 2013

Ow, my eye

Icedude posted:

And we still didn't get to play with each other? Lame.

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Maybe it's just me but the roller vertical flick made it super easy to pick off jet pack specials and tag retreating foes.

E; It's also likely a nerf against the ol dynamo roller wall of death

Blank Construct fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Jul 16, 2017

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Oh hey I was on the right side of history this time! Congrats team cream!

Though really there is no wrong choice so we're all winners here :)

my squid neighbors were executed in the street for harbouring a slice of banana bread

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Guys I want to really play Splatoon 2 again and I can't

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Frankston posted:

Guys I want to really play Splatoon 2 again and I can't

:yeah: :same:

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
I'm half-glad its over for 5 more days because I played the full 4 hours to get to Ice Cream Queen and am worried I'll burn out on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Aww I forgot to join the Splatfest. Still, I did the tutorial and it seems pretty fun. Don't have a Wii U so never played the first but it always looked neat. Will probably grab it.

I imagine the motion controls are probably very good to use once you get used to them but I flicked them off anyway for now.