Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Ice cream is better than cake. It's the law.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Takoluka posted:

I played MK8DX 2P tabletop at a recent party, and the guy I played with said he needed a Switch now. The system works!

I've gotten like two people to buy Switches from bringing it to my gf's coffee shop. I need to own stock.

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

did team cake forget to show up or what? almost every match I had was ice cream vs ice cream

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Pearl is such a gremlin but I really enjoy her banter with Marina.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

.TakaM posted:

did team cake forget to show up or what? almost every match I had was ice cream vs ice cream

Everyone picked Marina over Pearl because Americans are fickle v:shobon:v

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
They're all horny for the octopus.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
:thunk: could it be more people picked what they liked over the other choice?

No, the contestants are wrong.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider
Is being horny for octopus wrong?
I played for cake so I don't care either way.

Arbitrary Number
Nov 10, 2012

I like ice cream more than cake, but I also like the octopus better than the pygmy squid, so fite me in Splat2n

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

I finally experienced the joycon connectivity issue after 3 months. All it took was the empty joycon grip to be left standing in front of the docked Switch as I played.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

if you pick a splat fest team based not on what you actually have interest in but instead what some fictional character chooses as their team then i am afraid to tell you this but you are an idiot

neither of them give a gently caress what you do for them

when the inevitable pearl vs marina splat fest comes up then i expect you to die on your chosen hill

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

For people who're concerned about the skill level of Splatoon players, they've got a ranking system so you won't have to face skilled opponents for very long after launch. Unless they make a side profile to stomp newbies with for a bit then delete.

Kaubocks posted:

if you pick a splat fest team based not on what you actually have interest in but instead what some fictional character chooses as their team then i am afraid to tell you this but you are an idiot

when the inevitable pearl vs marina splat fest comes up then i expect you to die on your chosen hill

:yeah:

AfroGunsou
Dec 8, 2009

:yeah:
i did pick my team based on what i have interest in: marina winning

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

I Am Frick posted:

So there's been a lot of ground made lately on one particular front in the Switch universe that, I feel, should be mentioned in the OP: hacking.

I don't know if this consitutes :filez:, which is why I feel it should be in the OP. If it is, there should be a warning saying to not talk about it.

On that note, in the past week people working the Switch managed to get hold of the kernel, which is a huge step toward homebrew and everything along those lines (which includes piracy, hence :filez:). Is conversation about this allowed? I remember back in the day of the Wii that it was allowed (it even had its own megathread), but not sure how times have changed on this since, at the time, there were even piracy subforums here.

You think there should be something in the OP about not talking about it? What?

Better not mention it. Not discussing :files: is subforum rules and doesn't need to be restated in every single games thread.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
i would like to remain informed about anything that will allow me to play super mario world on the nintendo switch

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider
I'm fascinated by hearing about what people managed to make the machine do.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

HyperPuma posted:

i would like to remain informed about anything that will allow me to play super mario world on the nintendo switch

I think the Neo Geo games thing being pushed so hard right now is brilliant because these would get lost in the sea of Virtual Console if they were released among All Mario Games

I bought Garou

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
I'm going to play Mother 3 on the Switch and I don't care who makes that happen, but it's happening.

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005
Is cream is a topping, not a dessert. The fact that it won by such a large margin is proof that switch owners have bad taste. Therefore the only reasonable conclusion is that the switch is actually bad, and people who like bad things thing the switch is good. As someone who likes cake and the switch this is deeply concerning and I must meditate on a mountain.

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

hmm, interesting point, but have you considered: Ice Cream is Good & Cake is Trash

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT

Chronojam posted:

I can't stop popping up my map instead of jumping. It's the death of my squidkid.

We 'll will can do it man

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I had Ice Cream for dessert after dinner last night and it was great. I had chocolate chip cookie dough, god bless.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Ice cream is only a topping if you're then topping the ice cream itself with insulin.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

EpicNemesis posted:

Is cream is a topping, not a dessert. The fact that it won by such a large margin is proof that switch owners have bad taste. Therefore the only reasonable conclusion is that the switch is actually bad, and people who like bad things thing the switch is good. As someone who likes cake and the switch this is deeply concerning and I must meditate on a mountain.

Sir if you could tell me how to turn my Klondike ice cream snack into a topping I'd very much like to hear it.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Zaphod42 posted:

You think there should be something in the OP about not talking about it? What?

Better not mention it. Not discussing :files: is subforum rules and doesn't need to be restated in every single games thread.

We have a 3DS hacking thread which also contains info for other console hacking and there's no piracy talk at all in it.

I understand that most Hacking and Homebrew stuff eventually leads to easy piracy but I don't think that it should include hacking in itself as :filez:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

If we can get NES+SNES+Gameboy family emulators running I'll be super happy.
N64 would be fantastic.

If the Dolphin emulator ends up being able to run on the Switch? Hooooooooboy that's gonna be some good rear end poo poo. Doubtful, but still... we can dream

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Just imagine

Homebrew smellovision

on the nintendo switch

Arbitrary Number
Nov 10, 2012

Kaubocks posted:

actually, caring about how others play video games is dumb and bad, I'm a huge prick

e: unless it's like to recommend a controller, those guys are cool

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Kaubocks posted:

Why does it actually matter what reason they had to pick a side in the first place?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I picked Cake because Cake has fewer letters than Ice Cream.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Dr Cheeto posted:

In this context I'm talking about the GC left stick being half-pressed backwards relative to the character it controls, not the N64 A button being held.

Obviously though I'm still gonna post the greatest piece of art mankind has created
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpk2tdsPh0A

is this a clickhole video

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
How are there people in this forum not down with pannenkoek

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
My Switch is doing a weird thing where it doesn't recognize the right Joycon as being on the rails in handheld mode, even though it is synced and it made the clacking sound and red flash when I slid it in. I've tried re-pairing it and disconnecting it as per other people on the internet to no avail. Ideas? Time to send it back?

Edit: actually it appears to be the Left one that is causing the weirdness? I dunno.

Imagined fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Jul 16, 2017

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Mega64 posted:

I picked Cake because Cake has fewer letters than Ice Cream.

That's messed up

Ice cream because it rhymes with ice dream is what I did

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I wonder if the Splatoon 2 cart will taste like squid

KingEup
Nov 18, 2004
I am a REAL ADDICT
(to threadshitting)

Please ask me for my google inspired wisdom on shit I know nothing about. Actually, you don't even have to ask.
I bought a case: https://www.bigben-interactive.co.uk/bigben-products/gaming-accessories/eva-carry-case

Super discreet. 4/5 would buy again.

I just spent half as much as I did on my switch on a plug and play GameCube HDMI adapter because there is no sign of GCN VC on Switch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHoTf570234

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I wonder if the Splatoon 2 cart will taste like squid

The Splatfest was to determine the taste of the Splatoon 2 cart. Thus it will taste like ice cream.

bladeworksmaster
Sep 6, 2010

Ok.

Imagined posted:

My Switch is doing a weird thing where it doesn't recognize the right Joycon as being on the rails in handheld mode, even though it is synced and it made the clacking sound and red flash when I slid it in. I've tried re-pairing it and disconnecting it as per other people on the internet to no avail. Ideas? Time to send it back?

Edit: actually it appears to be the Left one that is causing the weirdness? I dunno.

I just had this happen to me recently myself. Go to the controller settings and fool around there perhaps, my left one eventually registered back after a while in each menu and popping it in and out.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Mega64 posted:

The Splatfest was to determine the taste of the Splatoon 2 cart. Thus it will taste like ice cream.

Nintendo responsible for thousands of choking deaths, July 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

After 3 hours of splatoon I had to leave, so I went to get my switch out of the dock and holy crap it was nearly hot to the touch. Playing inside even a semi ventilated cabinet in an 84f room was plainly not a good idea and I should know better. Thankfully it seems fine, for a system that seemed to be fragile as hell at launch it handled it.

• Locked thread