Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Gimbal lock posted:

I'm fascinated by hearing about what people managed to make the machine do.

ill tell you right now, eventually! they will make it play; stolen software!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Like any high-performance mobile device the Switch uses its own case as a heatsink, it's just working as intended.

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

ill tell you right now, eventually! they will make it play; stolen software!

Curse you, you dastardly amiibo pirate!

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Nintendo responsible for thousands of choking deaths, July 2017

All those Switches go back on the market, manufacturing shortage solved.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Hello I am Infinitum, and I have an important PSA to make

If you buy Splatoon 2 on a physical cart you are a dumb dumb

Buy multiplayer games digitally, so they always live on your system and you can access them instantaneously.
Buy single player games physically, so you can swap them out whenever.

I will also accept buying games physically if you're not sure how good they're going to be, so that you may trade them in later if they suck.
For example Mario+Rabbids may not be everyones cup of tea.

But Splatoon 2 is a good game.
So buy it digitally.

This has been forum poster Infinitum, thanking you for your time.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Splatoon 2 fuckin' rules. Just from a day's worth of playing across the three splatfests it's everything I wanted in a multiplayer game but never knew I needed (which apparently was basically what everyone else thought too about the first one).

The full game has customisation, upgrading, and cosmetic poo poo too as well? Can't wait.

Pierson fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Jul 16, 2017

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Pierson posted:

The full game has customisation and upgrading cosmetic poo poo too as well? Can't wait.

Oh my yes

You must learn to STAY FRESH

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Can I play super Mario world yet

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Infinitum posted:

Buy multiplayer games digitally, so they always live on your system and you can access them instantaneously.

I will also accept buying games physically if you're not sure how good they're going to be, so that you may trade them in later if they suck.

So buy it digitally.

Addendum; Except if you're in Australia, because the price difference between physical and digital is obscene.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Norns posted:

Can I play super Mario world yet

no, why? Because Nintendo = SHITtendo.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
The 20% off preorders from Amazon Prime / Best Buy Gamer's Club Unlocked only apply to physical copies

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Addendum; Except if you're in Australia, because the price difference between physical and digital is obscene.

Fair.

It is a bit redonkadonk

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Infinitum posted:

So buy it digitally.

OTOH, I just bought a physical copy of Splatoon 2 for £32 whereas the digital copy would have cost £50.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Frankston posted:

OTOH, I just bought a physical copy of Splatoon 2 for £32 whereas the digital copy would have cost £50.
I'm UK too, where from?

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Am I missing something with the pro controller charging situation?

I have this here excellent Anker wall charger. It charges everything I own, including the Switch itself, but it does not charge the pro controller. My other Anker charger, a two port, does charge the controller.

I'm using the Nintendo-supplied USB A-C cable with nothing else connected to the charger in both cases.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I'm hungry for octopus.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Housh posted:

I'm hungry for octopus.

Calamari is good fake Pig butthole calamari is not good

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Housh posted:

I'm hungry for octopus.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

is spelunky on this loving thing yet. i got like a half inch of dust on it already

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

StabMasterArson posted:

is spelunky on this loving thing yet. i got like a half inch of dust on it already

get binding of isaac

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

LethalGeek posted:

After 3 hours of splatoon I had to leave, so I went to get my switch out of the dock and holy crap it was nearly hot to the touch. Playing inside even a semi ventilated cabinet in an 84f room was plainly not a good idea and I should know better. Thankfully it seems fine, for a system that seemed to be fragile as hell at launch it handled it.

You could put some reusable ice packs near the airflow intake when your switch is docked if you're going to be playing for an extended period.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Pierson posted:

I'm UK too, where from?

I used a £10 Nectar voucher I had to bring it down from £42, got it from simplygames on eBay.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Not a Children posted:

get binding of isaac

not for that price

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

You could put some reusable ice packs near the airflow intake when your switch is docked if you're going to be playing for an extended period.

lol

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Frankston posted:

I used a £10 Nectar voucher I had to bring it down from £42, got it from simplygames on eBay.
Aaaaah darnit. Thanks anyway man.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Probably more make it a point to play downstairs where it's 10 degrees cooler next time 😨

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Lakbay posted:

The 20% off preorders from Amazon Prime / Best Buy Gamer's Club Unlocked only apply to physical copies

Yeah this, I buy physical for this reason alone.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

EpicNemesis posted:

Is cream is a topping, not a dessert.

Looks like someone slept through history class.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

If I have a good brand USB C to A cable, is it safe to charge my Switch in one of those airplane USB charging ports?

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Infinitum posted:

im going to try and buy a physical copy at full price. why? because i make good video game decisions

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005

Mister Facetious posted:

Looks like someone slept through history class.

The French are dumb. If a politician today made a platform on over indulging on cake I would vote for them

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider

a7m2 posted:

If I have a good brand USB C to A cable, is it safe to charge my Switch in one of those airplane USB charging ports?
It's safe but expect a trickle of a charge that is far from enough to keep up with the power requirements of a running switch. I played about 8 hours of Isaac while coming back from Europe and the battery was dead by the end despite being plugged in for most of the flight.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

$70 physical vs $60 digital for me with no real resale market

The only thing with digital is 32gb seems ridiculously small. What's micro sd situation on this thing

Gimbal lock posted:

It's safe but expect a trickle of a charge that is far from enough to keep up with the power requirements of a running switch. I played about 8 hours of Isaac while coming back from Europe and the battery was dead by the end despite being plugged in.

Isn't 8 hours far past the battery life?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

EpicNemesis posted:

The French are dumb. If a politician today made a platform on over indulging on cake I would vote for them

You say the French are dumb, then immediately say you'll support Marie Antoinette.

:ironicat:

FiestaDePantalones
May 13, 2005

Kicked in the pants by TFLC
So mighty gunvolt burst.... I've done the Rasio Tower like 4 times and have no air dash. Am I doing something wrong?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

You should equip Dowsing. Air dash is very near the start of the stage behind a destructible wall. Dowsing makes your controller vibrate when near a secret wall.

Dowsing and Air Dash are both equipped as part of your weapon customization.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

cathead posted:

Why does it actually matter what reason they had to pick a side in the first place?

people who pick a splatfest side because of what character is backing it are like people who never nickname their pokemon

they have no sense of self identity and are incapable of just having fun with something stupid :colbert:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Infinitum posted:

So buy it digitally.

This except buy single player digital too because I'm lazy and can't be arsed to switch discs :corsair:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Digital is life.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
how much space is on the switch anyway...cuz while digital splat2n might not be much more expensive then physical, having to buy an memory card would make it kinda pointless since id have to go to a store anyway

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

$70 physical vs $60 digital for me with no real resale market

The only thing with digital is 32gb seems ridiculously small. What's micro sd situation on this thing

It can support up to 2TB cards, which don't exist yet. 128GB is the current "sweet spot" for MicroSD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

mandatory lesbian posted:

how much space is on the switch anyway...cuz while digital splat2n might not be much more expensive then physical, having to buy an memory card would make it kinda pointless since id have to go to a store anyway

32GB internal, Splatoon 2 is 5.5GB.

• Locked thread