Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot
Okay....

To those of you swearing off Doctor Who now because the new Doctor is going to be a woman - on behalf of all the rest of us, let me be one among many to wish that the door hits you on the rear end on the way out so hard that your rear end cheeks burst forth from your genitalia. If you're that much of a fair-weather misogynistic hypocrite that you can't stomach a change of gender for a fictional character, you're better off on a psychologist's couch than hanging out with any fandom group, and we couldn't be more happy to see you go. You won't be missed, we don't care; just shut your cakehole, leave and close the door behind you.

Next, to those of you foaming at the mouth about SJW pandering/political correctness or other such drivel, I understand what you THINK you're trying to say. I didn't want them to choose a woman as the next Doctor for socio-political reasons. I wanted it to be because it would greatly enhance and expand the dynamic of the show and create bold new stories for the Doctor. I also wanted it to be because the actor seemed to be the right person for the job. Is Jodie Whittaker the right person for the job? Since I haven't seen her work, I honestly can't say...but I hope so.

The point is, she's here now; she's the next Doctor, and she deserves a shot. Let's be normal, non-sexist, open-minded adults about this and see how this plays out. Show some support, a modicum of kindness and understanding, and let's see where the TARDIS takes us.

That's not too much to ask.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Who is the doctor

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Sorry I only watch shows about crime.

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I think you greatly overestimate the amount of shits that GBS has to give.

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Besides he always had a vagina that's why he never fucks anyone.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

I'll happily go through my entire life not having seen an episode of doctor who. This is coming from someone thats sorta compelled to watch star trek voyager just so i can say ive finally watched all those eps. Heck i probably won't do that either i got things to do. Like post.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Sorry OP, until I see the new doctor nude I am going to assume she still has a dick and balls.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

r u ready to WALK posted:

Sorry OP, until I see the new doctor nude I am going to assume she still has a dick and balls.
I mean thats a fair enough assumption to make as well.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

What does dr who do? Just general science fiction adventures? Cause i know a pretty good show you might like then. Its a bit obscure you may not have seen it. It's called Rick and Morty.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

I would rather blast my balls into a fine paste with a planishing hammer than be involved in any way with a fandom group of anything.

(hmu if u want to help :wink:)

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

i don't watch this show but im glad the producers are pissing off nerds

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer
Doctrix Who, you mean.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

I'm so angry about everything

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

ArmZ posted:

i don't watch this show but im glad the producers are pissing off nerds
Also a good way of looking at it.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

The Bananana posted:

I'm so angry about everything

hell, same

Genderfluent
Jul 15, 2015

I couldn't even imagine being so far in depths of depression that I had any strong opinions on a Dr. Who character

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
I read the thread title and thought "who" was a pronoun. Feeling kinda let down now.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Hoping the new Doctor will also have a series of attractive female assistants so viewers can imagine the Doctor loving them.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Doctor Whomst

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I know an unemployed misogynistic pot head wigs way too into dr who. I'll report back on his tantrum when I see him eventually

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
But...Girls can't be doctors.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,

Intrinsic Field Marshal posted:

Okay....

To those of you swearing off Doctor Who now because the new Doctor is going to be a woman - on behalf of all the rest of us, let me be one among many to wish that the door hits you on the rear end on the way out so hard that your rear end cheeks burst forth from your genitalia. If you're that much of a fair-weather misogynistic hypocrite that you can't stomach a change of gender for a fictional character, you're better off on a psychologist's couch than hanging out with any fandom group, and we couldn't be more happy to see you go. You won't be missed, we don't care; just shut your cakehole, leave and close the door behind you.

Next, to those of you foaming at the mouth about SJW pandering/political correctness or other such drivel, I understand what you THINK you're trying to say. I didn't want them to choose a woman as the next Doctor for socio-political reasons. I wanted it to be because it would greatly enhance and expand the dynamic of the show and create bold new stories for the Doctor. I also wanted it to be because the actor seemed to be the right person for the job. Is Jodie Whittaker the right person for the job? Since I haven't seen her work, I honestly can't say...but I hope so.

The point is, she's here now; she's the next Doctor, and she deserves a shot. Let's be normal, non-sexist, open-minded adults about this and see how this plays out. Show some support, a modicum of kindness and understanding, and let's see where the TARDIS takes us.

That's not too much to ask.

Actually to be honest, I stopped watching that show because people like this watch that show.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
:duckie:

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,

numberoneposter posted:

This is coming from someone thats sorta compelled to watch star trek voyager just so i can say ive finally watched all those eps.

gently caress no. That's like ripping your dick off with a barbed wire garrote so you can say you know what it's like to be a woman.

...or watching Dr. Who.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
Hello nurse can you tell the doctor I'm here for my ten o'clock Exterminate?

... Is what a sexist Dalek might say.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Dr. Who loving Cares

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
I didn't realise Tom Baker had transitioned.

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
What makes you think the alien timelord even has human genitals?

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

i looked up her pics and her nose is too big and she has weird elbows

i'd rather gently caress peter capaldi tbh

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Doctor Who's on first.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

numberoneposter posted:

Sorry I only watch shows about crime.

Dr Who is a crime, against good television

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Whew, I was worried for a minute that I ran out of things to be angry about and would have done something crazy like take an introspective look into my life and realize how meaningless everything I've done has been and how I'll be forgotten and utterly useless in the grand scheme of the cosmos.

WHY IS THE DOCTOR WHO A WOMAN WHAT THE gently caress BRITAIN

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
This is kinda dumb. Maybe it’ll be good but if you want a show with a female lead then make one. Don’t hijack one.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
You must be unfamiliar with timelord physiology. TWO vaginas.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

I care deeply about this important issue.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

They should make Terry Crews the next James Bond.

I don't think anyone would complain.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Is this an episode of the wire

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
This would be like Star Trek TNG if Picard had a vagina on his forehead and every episode was Riker loving Picard's head-vagina.

Mokbek
Dec 19, 2014

Call Me The Shocker

numberoneposter posted:

I'll happily go through my entire life not having seen an episode of doctor who. This is coming from someone thats sorta compelled to watch star trek voyager just so i can say ive finally watched all those eps. Heck i probably won't do that either i got things to do. Like post.

Star Trek Voyager is actually good as opposed to Doctor Who.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
TARDis

makes you think

• Locked thread