Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
Let's be honest too. $$$ talks and if Movistar pays right I'm sure he'd go there under the right conditions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Just lol at people who think Landa would automatically get buried behind Quintana after the latter's horror show this Tour, Quintana can't win for poo poo.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Well that sucked. I cant believe 5 AG2R dudes pulling couldnt put time into an isolated Froome. Bad stage

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

Moktaro posted:

Just lol at people who think Landa would automatically get buried behind Quintana after the latter's horror show this Tour, Quintana can't win for poo poo.

He's won a grand tour before though? What are you talking about?

Dirtanium
Aug 3, 2007

vikingstrike posted:

How much longer do you think Valverde is going to get that shot though? He's well into his thirties and coming back from a brutal injury.

I think that a lot will depend on Valverde's recovery. If he is strong and healing well during transfer season, they keep him. If he's not, you get Landa.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
BAUKE 😍😍😍

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

vikingstrike posted:

He's won a grand tour before though? What are you talking about?

Ah, well then Quintana should focus on the tours he can win, because every time I see him in the TdF he just crumbles.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Wasn't there talk about Nairo moving because of "bad team fit" or something else equivalent to "doesn't get on with the management"?

Havana Affair
Apr 6, 2009
In a story about the Movistar rumor Landa's manager claims that he wants a guaranteed spot as a captain for a grand tour in his contract. I just don't see them pissing off Nairo who's a year younger or Valverde who had a hell of a season before the crash over getting him.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Found it :3:

https://twitter.com/cyclinghubtv/status/886603469423038464

wide stance
Jan 28, 2011

If there's more than one way to do a job, and one of those ways will result in disaster, then he will do it that way.
That doesn't seem optimal.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Something to do with optimal cadence vs total spent energy? The computer might have said yes.

Fragrag
Aug 3, 2007
The Worst Admin Ever bashes You in the head with his banhammer. It is smashed into the body, an unrecognizable mass! You have been struck down.

oliwan posted:

BAUKE 😍😍😍

DANIEL 😍😍😍

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

goatface posted:

Something to do with optimal cadence vs total spent energy? The computer might have said yes.

Eurosport guys said he was taking the piss because he knew he was done. It was entertaining as hell.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Ah, fair enough.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

I really can't see where this 'landa rebelling' stuff has come from, everything he's done has been totally in the service of Froome, he's been the perfect team mate

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Skarsnik posted:

I really can't see where this 'landa rebelling' stuff has come from, everything he's done has been totally in the service of Froome, he's been the perfect team mate

I think you'll find one time he looked at Froome and blinked 'gently caress you im going to sleep with your wife in your own bed' in morse code.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Start the UCI world tour draft system. Stop this terrible concentration of GC contenders in a handful of teams.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

It's just fun to take the least charitable interpretation for everything Landa does because that interpretation being true would make the Tour more exciting. Everything he did today and on Thursday and Friday is perfectly compatible with him being 100% loyal to Froome and Sky, I'll grant you that, but it's still weird to see the levels of hostility itt at suggestions to the contrary.

Can we settle on "Landa looks at least as strong as Froome, and that's an interesting position for the presumed Tour winning team to be in"?

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

serious gaylord posted:

I think you'll find one time he looked at Froome and blinked 'gently caress you im going to sleep with your wife in your own bed' in morse code.

Well gosh :prepop:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Froome can presumably take enough seconds in the TT for it to more than balance out. The rest is economics.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Froome went from doing this at the giro in 2009 to suddenly becoming the best GC rider in the world (due to drugs, illegal drugs)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9RWROu_PWw

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Skarsnik posted:

You're wrong but no big deal, you've been watching cycling for 2 years now but this kinda stuff has gone on forever. Froome even did it to Wiggins in 2012.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Any chance Froome decides to take up track cycling or something?

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

African AIDS cum posted:

You're wrong but no big deal, you've been watching cycling for 2 years now but this kinda stuff has gone on forever. Froome even did it to Wiggins in 2012.

:jerkbag:

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

African AIDS cum posted:

Froome went from doing this at the giro in 2009 to suddenly becoming the best GC rider in the world (due to drugs, illegal drugs)

I don't what kind of dope Froome is on, but that Cervelo Team kit and bike were the best

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Rips Quintana as the Colombian hope.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

African AIDS cum posted:

Not going to deny the drugs angle but he also went from a doggy bike handler to the point where he is pulling poo poo that mere mortals cant even think of doing (Like the absurd downhll attack last year). Drugs cant explain that unless they have the side effect of making him grow a set of huge steel balls

TobinHatesYou
Aug 14, 2007

wacky cycling inflatable
tube man

African AIDS cum posted:

You can see the exact moment where Thomas Voeckler forces himself into Froome's soul.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
I like how the British press are scandalised because of Froome getting booed but then when they ask him about it he's all 'no it's cool calm down you idiots'

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Froome wearing long sleeves to hide the needle marks

https://twitter.com/LeTour/status/886882841543532545

wide stance
Jan 28, 2011

If there's more than one way to do a job, and one of those ways will result in disaster, then he will do it that way.
Don't forget that fresh chilly blood. Warm it up first next time, jeez!

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Brailsford had a Bruyneel moment today. Went ape at a journalist.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

African AIDS cum posted:

Froome wearing long sleeves to hide the needle marks

https://twitter.com/LeTour/status/886882841543532545

unreal op

willemw
Sep 30, 2006
very much so

serious gaylord posted:

Brailsford had a Bruyneel moment today. Went ape at a journalist.
The Cyclingnews article about todays press moment sure is something else..
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/brailsford-launches-rant-against-cyclingnews-journalist/

quote:

The heated exchanged continued. Ryan suggested that the only other person to act like this (with the media) was Bruyneel when he barred Sporza at the 2009 Tour de France.

Brailsford replied: “Are you accusing me of running a doping programme as well?”

Ryan said: “Well, UK Anti-Doping are investigating that...”

At that point Brailsford said, “You can stick it up your arse” and walked off.

Renaat Schotte from Sporza calls the way they treat the press worse than whatever Armstrongs team ever did, and I'm sure most of you remember how good that all was

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Maybe in 10 years, only Quintana will be clean :unsmith:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
And he'll look 60.

Brailsford's just under a lot of stress, what with all his buddies at british cycling potentially losing their govt. money.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Dave "55 vials of kenacort" Brailsford needs prison

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?
Holy lol the comments section of that CN article. People sure love them some team Sky

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Sky are a blessing because it's so easy to wind up anyone who either loves them or hates them, I can't get enough