Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Rovert, do you know which woman was originally out before replacing Nixon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

rovert posted:

Wish there was an easy answer re:spoilers but the release schedule is such a farce my modern standards.

Bracketology on August 20th.

First four episodes on August 28th.

Last four episodes on September 4th.

Finals live after SD in Vegas on September 12th.

this is utterly bizarre. What's the reasoning?

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.

Baron Corbyn posted:

Summerslam

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Baron Corbyn posted:

Summerslam. WWE feels like it would overshadow (or would be overshadowed in) the build to Summerslam. Which is really stupid, considering the release schedule is still really dumb.

The dumbest part about the entire thing is WWE needing to have a bracketology thing, over a month after the semis are set.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Summerslam, 205 Live rapidly losing interest week to week and a general experiment.

sportsgenius86 posted:

I don't

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

So wait, are the women locked up in contracts that keeps them from making other dates during the interim?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I doubt it, unless they actively signed a WWE long-term deal. The CWC guys that didn't stay obvious had to give WWE first refusal on the dates that the shows were taping, but otherwise were free to work as they would.

Is the plan to have the semis and the finals after that SD taping or just the literal final match, because they did a press release today that implies the latter which seems kinda dumb, and they could probably just throw it out on Smackdown proper if that was the idea?

TheHock
Jul 3, 2008

I have altered my retirement plans. Pray I do not alter them any further.

coconono posted:

So wait, are the women locked up in contracts that keeps them from making other dates during the interim?

Almost all of the non-WWE contracted talent in the tournament have future announced dates, so I would guess not, unless all of them suddenly start canceling. Maybe this is WWE's long con to put Wrestlecircus out of business.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Gaz-L posted:

I doubt it, unless they actively signed a WWE long-term deal. The CWC guys that didn't stay obvious had to give WWE first refusal on the dates that the shows were taping, but otherwise were free to work as they would.

Is the plan to have the semis and the finals after that SD taping or just the literal final match, because they did a press release today that implies the latter which seems kinda dumb, and they could probably just throw it out on Smackdown proper if that was the idea?

They plan on airing the semi finals and the finals live, according to the latest Jim Ross podcast.

I Love My Axe
Dec 30, 2009

Let's go Blue Pants!
Sounds like someone had a gigantic hissy fit backstage about her booking and burned all the bridges that had ever existed since the dawn of time.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

scuttlebutt would have you believe those bridges have been burned 5 times over so whatever

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/Sienna/status/885629643675578368

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

lufisto posted essentially the same thing a couple days ago too lol

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

oatgan posted:

lufisto posted essentially the same thing a couple days ago too lol

She didn't really. Lufisto is Lufisto she's very sensitive bless her.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

wasn't Lufisto's more the opposite end of the stick, like a "gently caress you guys who make it big and forget the little people" type thing?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Photo via Vince's flip phone

https://twitter.com/VinceMcMahon/status/885977264516734978

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I hope WWE gives a few of the alternates matches during the Mae Young Classic

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

KungFu Grip posted:

I hope WWE gives a few of the alternates matches during the Mae Young Classic

There's two and Becky spoiled one:

https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/885984797755154432

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Nice!

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

sportsgenius86 posted:

Wikipedia says Miranda Salinas replaced Nixon

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

quote:

The atmosphere was said to be really good last night at the Mae Young Classic, which comes down to the final two with 14 matches tonight. The talk going in was 5-10 contracts would be offered and you'll probably get a good idea of some of them based on who makes the final four. Unlike the cruiserweight tournament where they had figured everyone they liked would sign and that didn't happen, there is no avenue for the women to make big money in wrestling outside of WWE like there is for men, so it would be a surprise for anyone offered a deal to turn it down.

They were revolving a lot of wrestlers for camera shots like they were all watching at ringside. Most were just brought in for the camera shots but Natalya and Beth Phoenix were at ringside. Ronda Rousey, Marina Shafir and Jessamyn Duke were there for the Shayna Baszler match. Shinsuke Nakamura, Emma, Bayley, Carmella, Alexa Bliss, Tamina, Naomi, Nia Jax, Akira Tozawa, Ata Johnson (Dwayne's mother) Mike & Maria, Kassius Ohno and Johnny Gargano were out at different times. Ohno's girlfriend (Rachael Ellering) and Gargano's wife (Candice LeRae) were in the tournament. The big surprise was said to be how Jazzy Gabert, the MMA fighter who was Alpha Female in TNA a few years back, got over.

http://www.f4wonline.com/daily-updates/daily-update-mayweather-vs-mcgregor-mae-young-classic-g1-239196

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/martinhines/status/886270482437242880

TheHock
Jul 3, 2008

I have altered my retirement plans. Pray I do not alter them any further.

rovert posted:

There's two and Becky spoiled one

To be clear there was only one match that featured the alternates and it was a tag match. The losers bracket also had a six woman match that was probably taped for NXT (they had Nigel, Tom Phillips and Beth Phoenix calling the match).

If they're only going to sign five people out of this, I think four of them are pretty obvious. I'm sort of curious who the fifth would be.

It's also worth noting that Shimmer's owner Dave Prazak was backstage for the tournament. I assume this means he's finally going to start letting WWE use clips of Shimmer matches for profiles (after either being too lazy or stubborn to do so when Paige was on Total Divas.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

release the tapes, dave

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I'm still waiting on SHIMMER DVDs to be released of a show I went to 7 years ago

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

hell yes bring in Alpha Female, boy is coconono's Twitter feed gonna be entertaining

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
God bless Brazil. The latest WWE.com poll asks who will win the MYC, and look at the results so far.

Taynara Conti with almost 40% of the votes so far. In the distant second place, we have Kairi Sane with 12%. (The one answer cut off at the top is Jazzy Gabert with 6%)

If WWE actually paid attention to these polls, I would expect an expansion into Brazil at this point.

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos

DarkstarIV posted:

If WWE actually paid attention to these polls, I would expect an expansion into Brazil at this point.

The last time they went there, Jericho almost got arrested. I remember PSP clenched their collective assholes in rage over that.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Mob posted:

hell yes bring in Alpha Female, boy is coconono's Twitter feed gonna be entertaining

had Jazzy won her debut fight at Rizin, the world would be a different place. There was megafight money between her and Gabby Garcia.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

Max Coveri posted:

The last time they went there, Jericho almost got arrested. I remember PSP clenched their collective assholes in rage over that.

Gotta get that heel heat man...

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I Love My Axe posted:

Sounds like someone had a gigantic hissy fit backstage about her booking and burned all the bridges that had ever existed since the dawn of time.

Given the rep, I'm guessing it was Tessa?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

expect Kris Wolf to be making a lot more US dates in the future.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

TV Zombie posted:

That's gotta be Teddy Hart level for them to not give the daughter of one of the Four Horsemen a chance.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
I hope it wasn't Tessa. That woman was basically the MVP of SHIMMER weekend for me. She was amazing. Most over heel by far and she feuded with a 9 year old girl all weekend long. It was great. She has all the tools to be a big star. She just need to mature and get her attitude straightened out. I feel like if WWE never signs her, it will be a huge missed opportunity. Good thing is, she's only 21, so there's plenty of time for her to change.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/TaylorWilde/status/868235537194385408 https://twitter.com/TaylorWilde/status/887307014862508032 https://twitter.com/TaylorWilde/status/887307220618235904
https://twitter.com/TaylorWilde/status/887307612613742593

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

TV Zombie posted:

The shitapple doesn't fall far from the poo poo tree or the grandpa poo poo tree.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Mob posted:

The shitapple doesn't fall far from the poo poo tree or the grandpa poo poo tree.

I've heard "the poo poo doesn't fall far from the arsehole"

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Sounds like a challenge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2q_Zzz1Aak