Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Lack of dancing in this thread is a disappointment, but rereading sombers flavor is making up for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

OMG please don't let this peter out in a no-dunk. I'd rather lose killing the wrong person than have it end that way.

PAGING EXAKT SCIENCE, come back to the game!

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

You realize, of course, that everything I say is horseshit.
no kidding

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

##vote kash

I was bluffing so hopefully you guys were too

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Having spent what seemed like days wandering around the empty Hyde mansion, they lost themselves arguing with each other. Someone's trigger finger slipped, and another member of the crew hit the floor.

Kashuno, The Stranger, Town Vanilla, was executed day five!

This had been a desperation play. By hitting the Outfit where they were most secure, the crew hoped to catch them off guard.

They didn't.

Before they could make their way any further, the Outfit made their move.

There was no great skirmish, no clash of wills. The battle of wits and cunning had been already fought, over the days and months leading up to this moment. Those in power stayed in power, and the crew died quietly. Their names would only exist as a kind of cautionary tale for both the criminal underworld and the Underworld.

Exakt Science, THE BOX, Town Hider/Self-Watcher was endgamed and disappeared to lurk the outskirts of another dimension!

Retro Futurist, Alchemy Mike, Town Vanilla was endgamed and never got to settle down!

Dhaes, Danny Goethe, Mafia Killer, has won the game!

CCKeane, Betty Waters, Mafia Brutal Cop has won the game!

Hal Incandenza, Bifrons, Mafia(Traitor) Vigilante has won the game!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
setup

town

rolecop
- can investigate dead players

doctor
- can self-protect, can't target same person successively

2x joat/masons
- one selects target, the other selects action. unconfirmed
- gunsmith, track, watch.

inventor
- can pass out two items a night
- infinite use roleblock, infinite use masonry maker, 'active' bulletproof usable every other night, one shot poison kill

hider/self-watcher
- each power able to be used individually, every other night

party host
- welp

vanilla
- 3x

scum

brutal cop
- roleblocks their investigation target
- investigating traitor recruits them

killer, murder-joat
- janitor, hides flip from town AND scum
- ninja
- assassin, goes through doctor protection
- 1 night cooldown on each ability

traitor vig
- can be recruited by brutal cop or scum giving up their night action to attempt a recruit
- day or night kill

spectator discord

scum discord

welp this was a game thank you for playing.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

I look forward to killing one of the two people who will post and then being alone and screaming into the void until I die, sign me up

EXAKT Science posted:

Kashuno I am going to shout at you

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HISS

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Dang it i nearly went for dhaes instead. Oh well town was barely playing at that point, gg

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Good game y'all.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Quidthulhu posted:

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HISS

Quid falls to 0-100 against me as scum. Sorry bro, you were done in by a terrible town.

I thought it was pretty obviously Keane and dhaes by D2 and I don't know how Keane got away with just making poo poo up on the fly. Nice try at the end there Opop but I don't know how you were voting Quid over Keane.

Happy to win with my super awesome mason bros even if I never got to talk to them..

3 straight games as scum and all victories, although I can't feel all that great about this one.

Somber, awesome flavor, cool game, sorry the players let you down late in the game.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Hal Incandenza posted:

Quid falls to 0-100 against me as scum. Sorry bro, you were done in by a terrible town.

I thought it was pretty obviously Keane and dhaes by D2 and I don't know how Keane got away with just making poo poo up on the fly. Nice try at the end there Opop but I don't know how you were voting Quid over Keane.

Happy to win with my super awesome mason bros even if I never got to talk to them..

3 straight games as scum and all victories, although I can't feel all that great about this one.

Somber, awesome flavor, cool game, sorry the players let you down late in the game.

I'm very charming.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Yeah, I love the flavour for this, but my god if ever a game was laid low by people just not playing this was it.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

CCKeane posted:

I'm very charming.

Pretty much, I got lost in his eyes

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Thanks for not NKing me team!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
i though the traitor-vig thing was interesting. it was obviously powerful for scum, but there was also a chance for the game to end in a town victory night one.

really though, i think part of the problem was that this game was a real worst-case scenario for town. the no-lynch day one was absolutely their fault, but that combo'ed into the janitor kill was unfortunate. and then, for one of the main investigative roles to get night killed right off the bat sucked. again while the party host should never have been lynched in any kind of reasonable game, that was a huge blow as well. that could only be countered by dhaes ninja kill, which was less than likely.

added space did a good job in getting powers in town hands, but unfortunately two of the most important items went to people with existing, useful roles. It's too bad that he didn't pass out the poison kill, but then again he said it would have gone to Exakt Science, so I guess it never would have been used :v:

While town did make their own bed on this one, i think the slow play was due at least in part to the fact that they never caught a break.

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

ah hal we almost tried to recruit you like twice before we went with someone else, that nk-less night was so we could check 2 people to see if we could find the traitor

good show, keane is super best friend :swoon:

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Dhaes posted:

ah hal we almost tried to recruit you like twice before we went with someone else, that nk-less night was so we could check 2 people to see if we could find the traitor

good show, keane is super best friend :swoon:

Nobody beats the super friends!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Can I retroactively be moved to the scum team on this one?

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

most of our NK, i think just with one exception, were lowest post counts

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Dhaes posted:

most of our NK, i think just with one exception, were lowest post counts

oh yeah, you both played well and definitely deserved the victory. it's good to see you back! also i think this is the first time keane has ever played in one of my games. i felt bad to boot out ayc right before they got back in town, but i'm glad you got to hang with your buddy.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

thank u somberbrero

f off lurkers

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

Somberbrero posted:

oh yeah, you both played well and definitely deserved the victory. it's good to see you back! also i think this is the first time keane has ever played in one of my games. i felt bad to boot out ayc right before they got back in town, but i'm glad you got to hang with your buddy.

fun to be back, sadly i dont think my schedule will allow for it once school starts up though. glad i joined your game though, always did enjoy your setups :cheers:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I apologize to Somber and every player in this game. My play in this was horrendous and none of you deserved such a poor showing. I hope when I come back to mafia I will be able to play as I intended to this game. Sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Kashuno posted:

I apologize to Somber and every player in this game. My play in this was horrendous and none of you deserved such a poor showing. I hope when I come back to mafia I will be able to play as I intended to this game. Sorry.

no stress, i understand that life and other commitments sometimes get in the way. thanks for saying so though.

• Locked thread