Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Was not expecting Lonzo to hit his 3s tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
following play-by-play online and it appears the Lakers are shooting 87%. that seems bad.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dutchy posted:

following play-by-play online and it appears the Lakers are shooting 87%. that seems bad.

The positive is DSJ has 12 points on 100% shooting.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

I don't think Ding will make the Mavs.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
I'm gonna have "DAL - Finney-Smith 3pt Shot: Missed" on my tombstone.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Ball is going to be fun and good I will not hear the haters

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Metapod posted:

Lonzo will be fun but his defense is terrible and the Mavs might have 1 good defender on this team. I think he will be an exciting player but he looks worse than Nash on D.

Dutchy posted:

I'm gonna have "DAL - Finney-Smith 3pt Shot: Missed" on my tombstone.

Same. It's too bad he never hits threes. If he could Matthews could be expendable.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
Smith Jr. looks good via box score so the Mavs are winning in my heart.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dutchy posted:

Smith Jr. looks good via box score so the Mavs are winning in my heart.

Suddenly I'm remembering that one shouldn't care about winning the summer league, only care about your team's rookie(s) looking good.

Have to give props to the Lakers for never missing.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Mavs look like they have a small chance to comeback. Lonzo leaves the game. it looks like he is having a right calf issue, hope he is ok

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Metapod posted:

Yeah

Spacebump posted:

Lonzo will be fun but his defense is terrible and the Mavs might have 1 good defender on this team. I think he will be an exciting player but he looks worse than Nash on D.

Lots of good players kinda stink on defense, especially as rookies

MourningView fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Jul 17, 2017

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

MourningView posted:

Yeah

Lots of good players kinda stink on defense, especially bad rookies

That's true. Smith Jr. is also bad on D. They can both get better but Lonzo just looks so lost on that side of the floor.

Assuming Lonzo shoots more like this game and less like the other SL games, I assume he will be in the ROTY race.

Ratzinc
Aug 14, 2004

MY BALLS ARE THE SIZE OF GRAPEFRUITS
Lonzo owns. Move past his first (terrible) game and let BBB into your hearts already. He punches the ball for sick fast break assists.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Ratzinc posted:

Lonzo owns. Move past his first (terrible) game and let BBB into your hearts already. He punches the ball for sick fast break assists.

But he's been bad every game except tonight???

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Is it just me or does Lonzo get picked off really easily? With the moving screen basically being legal in the NBA now, he's just going to have to constantly switch?

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

chunkles posted:

can I call him The Black Swanigan Event

drat, that's good.

:drat:

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

Shrimp or Shrimps posted:

Is it just me or does Lonzo get picked off really easily? With the moving screen basically being legal in the NBA now, he's just going to have to constantly switch?

Might help when he builds up more muscle, or gets a training camp in him

OH WORD SON
Apr 21, 2006
Blazers coming for that championship

Ratzinc
Aug 14, 2004

MY BALLS ARE THE SIZE OF GRAPEFRUITS
https://twitter.com/shamscharania/status/887119983448170496

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Sure

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Kuzma was the MVP of the Lakers

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

They named the MVP before the last game is finished?

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Rigged

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

I actually know how they vote for these, and it's Ben Golliver, who loves Lonzo because he's not D'Angelo Russell, walking around finding reporters he likes to vote on the award. This isn't a joke this is why D'Angelo didn't even make the all summer league team last year.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
This is loving pathetic, one of the darkest moments in Lakers history.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Rick posted:

I actually know how they vote for these, and it's Ben Golliver, who loves Lonzo because he's not D'Angelo Russell, walking around finding reporters he likes to vote on the award. This isn't a joke this is why D'Angelo didn't even make the all summer league team last year.

Lol what the hell

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Cool Buff Man posted:

Lol what the hell

Yeah it's a media voted award, but almost all of the media goes home over the weekend so last year someone just handed him the ballots and told him to handle it.

I do like Ben a lot, and he addressed it when I called him on it and his hatred of Russell is completely irrational.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Spacebump posted:

They named the MVP before the last game is finished?

Lonzo looked good tonight though, didn't gently caress up too much. Very unselfish.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

dphi posted:

Lonzo looked good tonight though, didn't gently caress up too much. Very unselfish.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

yet another false mvp

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Rick posted:

Yeah it's a media voted award, but almost all of the media goes home over the weekend so last year someone just handed him the ballots and told him to handle it.

I do like Ben a lot, and he addressed it when I called him on it and his hatred of Russell is completely irrational.

How petty can a person get? A grown man freezing out a 19 year old and then feeling really good about himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

dphi posted:

Lmao well done

• Locked thread