Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Triticum Guzzler posted:

[Conor McGregor is throwing tennis balls on fire at the Monster Energy sponsored wooden cross on stage]
DANA: [dispassionately] conor no

Hee hee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
CONOR MCGREGOR: 6 million Jews baby!!!

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse

Triticum Guzzler posted:

gently caress lol

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

lmao

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Triticum Guzzler posted:

lol

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Triticum Guzzler posted:

(Father dog rises from his bed full Dracula style and reflexively reaches towards an absent ban button)

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Triticum Guzzler posted:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Conor and Mayweather and saying some automatic throws hands level poo poo to each and they don't throw hands.

its a metaphor for the ppv, you see.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Triticum Guzzler posted:

lmao I knew there was a reason this fight got booked.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night
Mayweather takes fight 1. MMA rematch McGregor takes. Blowoff match is at WrestleMania and Trips put himself over both. Anything less would be a disappointment.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Work Friend Keven posted:

(Father dog rises from his bed full Dracula style and reflexively reaches towards an absent ban button)

He instinctively wrote "nope" in an unsaved notepad window and pasted a large quote that's also a hyperlink about the size of the chimneys at the supposed concentration camps

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
When McGregor rubbed Mayweather's head and he looked back at him like, "Oh you...". That's when I lost interest. These jerks are just laughing all the way to the bank while we sit around arguing the racial implications of the word boy.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Ali v Frazier v Cavett v Parkinson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRhINe13biw

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Roving gangs of Dublin teens in primark suits doing the funny Vince McMahon walk and committing lynchings

Its called pennys here actually.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

You got the complexion and the connection to get the protection.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Has Floyd been doing the lame HARD WORK HARD WORK HARD WORK YEAHHHHHH thing his whole career

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Triticum Guzzler posted:

[Conor McGregor is throwing tennis balls on fire at the Monster Energy sponsored wooden cross on stage]
DANA: [dispassionately] conor no

Lol

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Lmao

Hako
Jul 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

El Roncho posted:

When McGregor rubbed Mayweather's head and he looked back at him like, "Oh you...". That's when I lost interest. These jerks are just laughing all the way to the bank while we sit around arguing the racial implications of the word boy.

I hope we get the fingerpoke of doom.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Hako posted:

I hope we get the fingerpoke of doom.

the Dim Mak

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Has Floyd been doing the lame HARD WORK HARD WORK HARD WORK YEAHHHHHH thing his whole career

Basically

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

david carmichael posted:

Who is everyone's favourite toronto maple leaf

Zach Hyman

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Work Friend Keven posted:

Triticum Guzzler posted:

He instinctively wrote "nope" in an unsaved notepad window and pasted a large quote that's also a hyperlink about the size of the chimneys at the supposed concentration camps

lol

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So allegedly Floyd's driver posted the London event press pass or something online, and a kid used photoshop to make a fake pass and get backstage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PL1BC1s8CQ

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

good vid

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

Unfunny Poster posted:

So allegedly Floyd's driver posted the London event press pass or something online, and a kid used photoshop to make a fake pass and get backstage.

lol that's the same dude that blagged his way onto the Team GB Olympics parade in Manchester.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Unfunny Poster posted:

Lol at Conor being annoyed by the announcer announcing him as the former featherweight champ when he never had any intention of defending that belt.

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

This is what you get. For falling in Love
Connor punches himself out by the 3rd round and gets frustrated for 3 solid rounds going solidly to Floyd. Connor realizing that winning the fight is irrelevant decides generating more fanfare is preferable. So knocks Floyd out cold with a question mark kick getting himself DQed and sued to poo poo as a result. Boxing is revealed to be a fight sport only for pussies and comes crashing down, UFC rising in its place. Connor quickly makes all the money he lost in his lawsuit after humiliating Floyd. In his rematch with Nate Diaz. Shortly after reclaiming his throne at the top Connor gets sued by Diaz after an altercation where he called Nate (a minority male) boy.

SnoochtotheNooch fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Jul 16, 2017

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Nice fan fic

Pimp Cauldron
Aug 3, 2002

A twisted pictoral of phoenix, AZ

this thread and maybe a couple of videos are the only good things to occur as a result of this fight happening

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Nothing would make me happier than Conor dropping floyd with a head kick

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

How much of floyds camp has been dedicated to figuring out a pull counter kick if McGregor goes for one?

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

apparently Bradley Wheeler knocked out Conor while they were sparring lmao

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

This is what you get. For falling in Love

straight up brolic posted:

apparently Bradley Wheeler knocked out Conor while they were sparring lmao

I tend not to buy into unsubstantiated rumors made by someone who's afraid his sport is about to be humiliated by an outside with no practical experience.

CoolCat
Jun 29, 2015

Volkerball posted:

Nothing would make me happier than Conor dropping floyd with a head kick

It would be iconic that's for sure.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

david carmichael posted:

Who is everyone's favourite toronto maple leaf

All the dead ones.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

SnoochtotheNooch posted:

I tend not to buy into unsubstantiated rumors made by someone who's afraid his sport is about to be humiliated by an outside with no practical experience.

Hmm, i suppose you're right. It being fake made up to discredit Conor is more likely than a guy with no boxing experience getting hurt in camp, a thing guy that happens even to experienced boxers.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Hmm, i suppose you're right. It being fake made up to discredit Conor is more likely than a guy with no boxing experience getting hurt in camp, a thing guy that happens even to experienced boxers.

that actually does sound more likely to me

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

I doubt he's been knocked out in sparring, but I am waiting on literally any video footage of his sparring.

Even ten seconds that show him looking better than that clip with Van Herden last summer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

I get the theatrics of it all but Connor dissapointed me in London. I watched the start of his speech, saying "It's an honour to be here, remember this, 4 years ago, I was fighting in London for a few hundred people.. now I'm here..." It sounded good, and I thought he was going to keep it going down that high road.

He could have taken the line of saying, "and now, I need something more challenging, so I'm going up against someone who's never been beaten in his whole career, regarded by many as the greatest boxer of all time. That's where I need to go to find a fight these days. That's where I get my kicks. 49-0. And make no mistake, I'll beat him like everyone else cos I'm great etc etc etc, but that's how great I am. 2 weight divisions, 2 sports, whatever." Would have been a great video that went around and impressed everyone.

But instead he just starts calling Floyd a broke 40 year old bitch and everything. By talking Floyd down and saying he's old and crap, he's essentially saying that to beat him won't be that impressive, and he looks cheap doing it. By hyping Floyd up a bit more he shows himself to be more of a class act, and either way the fight goes it's better as well - less embarrassing to lose and more impressive to win.

Plus we'd all have more to gain. This is a huge event with so many people watching, he has an opportunity to affirm his position as a role model and a gracious sportsman. Which he is, right? All the press conference shenanigans aside, he always says he respects his opponents and just really enjoys fighting, doesn't he? The 3 seconds after the last bell in the second Diaz fight sums it up for me really. So like I said, the press tour was disappointing. The level of poo poo talking is just lazy, counter productive, and not great for his image or our culture.

So yes that's why I think these professional fighters need to a bit more attention to the narrative they construct around their event, thanks.

• Locked thread