Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

The 4th and final season of The Strain is starting up this Sunday. It comes on after GOT. Heres a thread to talk about it because the last one went to the archives.

Summary
As the fourth and final season begins, nine months have passed. The world has fallen into darkness, and the strigoi are in control. The explosion at the end of season three triggered a global nuclear apocalypse. The resulting nuclear winter liberated the strigoi, allowing them to move about during daytime, and allowing the Master to establish a totalitarian regime. Preying on the fears of the populace, the Master and his minions have created an unsettling alliance in “The Partnership.” The majority of humans are now working for the strigoi, operating with a single understanding — collaborate or die. With the world in disarray and our heroes disbanded, each of them will have to overcome personal hardship and defy death for even the smallest chance at fighting back… All the while, the Master reigns supreme, furthering his scheme for the end of the world as we know it.

Pictures

Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7x1dm-BfmE

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Jul 17, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Blood farm

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Good thing the main character got thrown free of the explosion.

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

official yospos cat censor

muscles like this! posted:

Good thing the main character got thrown free of the explosion.

Did they all climb into a 50s fridge?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
NYC gets nuked and somehow there's a nuclear winter on the east coast? It was just one nuke. It wasn't even a big one.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I stopped watching after S1, has anyone noticed that zombies are roaming the streets yet?

funny way to spell
Nov 4, 2012

General Dog posted:

I stopped watching after S1, has anyone noticed that zombies are roaming the streets yet?

I dropped it first or second episode of season 3. Funny to see that stupid kid in the trailer drinking the vampire blood.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
That bomb that hit the bus left the wheels and axle in pretty nice shape. I wonder how it even caught on fire. I like the non city scenes.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
For a horrible show that i somehow am still watching, last night wasnt all that bad.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
That poor tiger. We all wanted it to succeed.

Also, I wonder where Dutch is?

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

General Dog posted:

Yeah but no one seems to really mind too much.

Did the old man die last season?

CODChimera fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Jul 17, 2017

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Gonz posted:

NYC gets nuked and somehow there's a nuclear winter on the east coast? It was just one nuke. It wasn't even a big one.

From the incidental dialog in last night's episode it definitely sounded like more than 1 nuke went off.

General Dog posted:

In season 3 they reveal that the first two seasons took place over a really short period of time. By season 3 the infection was known widely known about and now in this season it has become public knowledge.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Apparently there was limited nuke exchange, according to the chained up missile man, so the show keeps its general base of logical consistency. It's is so much better than all the other vampire and zombie shows. Fear the walking dead might be the dullest show ever filmed. Heart of Dixie and that Netflix original where Ashton Kutcher lives on a ranch are probably more entertaining

We've got bone sword blade, we've got the exterminator, we've got the refuses to let his hair grow guy, we've got the stupidest teen son, we're going to save the world from these god drat vampire worms before they hook us to blood pipes

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Jul 17, 2017

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:
has the kid died yet

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

misguided rage posted:

has the kid died yet

He has a love interest this season :smithicide:

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:
Augh. I didn't watch (most of?) last season and I wasn't planning to start up again, but knowing he was gone would have at least brought a brief moment of joy

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DarklyDreaming posted:

He has a love interest this season :smithicide:

There's no way that girl is going to willingly be with him.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Rhyno posted:

There's no way that girl is going to willingly be with him.

Yeah the scene before she's introduced The Master and Eichhorst were talking about "Rewarding" Zack for his part in the vampire apocalypse, so it's very likely that she was compelled to be nice to him :ohdear:

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Someone is gonna be raped.

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

And how do we do that? We hurt a lot of people...

The only thing that little poo poo should be getting is a hammer to the face!

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
If the show ends like the books do, I will leap off of my couch and fistpump the sky about 100 times when Zack Goodweather bites it via atomic fire.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Wait, i think i missed the last few episodes of last season. Where's Dutch?

Why was there a atomic bomb?

WHERE'S DUTCH!?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

She's been in commercials so she'll definitely show up eventually.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Where's Dutch?

gently caress Zach.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Rocksicles posted:

Wait, i think i missed the last few episodes of last season. Where's Dutch?

Why was there a atomic bomb?

WHERE'S DUTCH!?

Ya they only showed part of the cast and didn't indicate the rest of the people were dead. I think the impression was just that people were scattered and scrambling because of the nuke stuff

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Where's Dutch?

She didn't go with Fet. The USA is ruled by tentacle spewing vampires and has suffered through a nuclear apocalypse but being in those areas is still preferable to going to North Dakota.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
so they decided to double down on the kid being the worst piece of poo poo ever committed to a TV screen by not even giving him a guilty conscience?

An interesting choice, to put it kindly.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Remember, he's been constantly messed with by the Master what with his mom running around looking normal (before Eph killed her) and being pretty much completely insulated from all the bad stuff the vampires do.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

there is no amount of mitigation that could make the little rear end in a top hat kid tolerable

I hope the ratcatcher dude specifically nukes him.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

jfood posted:

there is no amount of mitigation that could make the little rear end in a top hat kid tolerable

I think this whole show is actually a subtle condom ad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--7Fxg6_jzU

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

Zach is the worst TV character ever (with Eph a close second) but this is a good show that improves with every season.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The parody commercial was better than anything in the actual show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aSs-2SzvSU

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Octy posted:

Zach is the worst TV character ever (with Eph a close second) but this is a good show that improves with every season.
True to the first point. It's not at all a good show though - it's terrible, terribly watchable!

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Remember, he's been constantly messed with by the Master what with his mom running around looking normal (before Eph killed her) and being pretty much completely insulated from all the bad stuff the vampires do.

Points at which he should have been tipped off or shown some degree of incredulousness, an abridged list:
- his mom tried to eat his father
- his mom tried to eat another kid
- his mom tried to eat him
- his mom's minions tried to eat everybody he's ever known
- the vampires nuked the world
- as a pet, the vampires got him a grotesque homunculus formed from the rotting flesh and bone of a crushed and desecrated corpse of an orphan by a man eating demon in service of evil supernatural worms

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Don't make loving excuses for him. drat bastard.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

etalian posted:

The older Eichorst ones were great.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013

etalian posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVGzk3IIqYg

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

steinrokkan posted:

Points at which he should have been tipped off or shown some degree of incredulousness, an abridged list:
- his mom tried to eat his father
- his mom tried to eat another kid
- his mom tried to eat him
- his mom's minions tried to eat everybody he's ever known
- the vampires nuked the world
- as a pet, the vampires got him a grotesque homunculus formed from the rotting flesh and bone of a crushed and desecrated corpse of an orphan by a man eating demon in service of evil supernatural worms

Pretty much. Zach isn't written like he's lost or traumatized by his experiences, he's written like a budding sociopath.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

steinrokkan posted:

I know, it's impossible to believe that a person could be coddled into believing that morally reprehensible actions are completely OK and that you never really earned your place in the world and ...

I wasn't entirely sure that the last episode wasn't directly referencing this. Did the books have the tiger "hunt" sequence?

InfiniteZero fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Jul 19, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Hm, maybe he's a misunderstood teenager...

maybe even the showrunners call him "the evilest character on television": " Zack is hopefully one of the evilest child characters in the history of television. And who better than to mentor him than a giant parasitic, vampiric creature?"

http://screenrant.com/the-strain-zack-goodweather-evil-character-child-the-master-final-season/

The fact that they themselves realize it makes me have some hope for the show's future, even though merely knowing a character is intended to be terrible doesn't make his presence less unpleasant.

• Locked thread