Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Euron should just stick to jokes about Jamie. Whatever he tries to do is going to fail because he's scum and boring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Chris James 2 posted:

They read there'd be 13 episodes left and automatically assumed there'd be 3-4 episodes of Talk max left, with the rest being action

It's the other way around and I'm looking forward to it

It's the first episode.. jesus people are so negative here that even I'm defending a show when I want most of the white race to be culled for the betterment of the world.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

don't blame the show for slow opens, blame the over a year hiatus and peoples short memories.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Grem posted:

Euron should just stick to jokes about Jamie. Whatever he tries to do is going to fail because he's scum and boring.

but he has a cool ship

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE

Bananaquiter posted:

Did Sam go all the way to oldtown to find out that dragonstone comes from dragonisland, a fact that Stannis had already dropped on him in a previous season?

I hope that they do more with him there because it'd be really lame if that's all he did. Unfortunately I could see him being sent there just to be kept safe from all the battles that were happening and only provide that bit of info about Dragonstone to Jon :-/.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
How long did Arya pose as Frey? Seems like word of the new King in the North would have traveled there by then

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

InFlames235 posted:

I hope that they do more with him there because it'd be really lame if that's all he did. Unfortunately I could see him being sent there just to be kept safe from all the battles that were happening and only provide that bit of info about Dragonstone to Jon :-/.

well hes got Jorah to interact with

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
Sam is going to find Gendry

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

InFlames235 posted:

Sam mentioned Stannis told him about it so that's just one thing. He also has Jorah there to cure and finding out Jon is Aegon Targaryen. Because of the thread title I have no idea if spoilers are allowed or not.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Barreft posted:

Sam mentioned Stannis told him about it so that's just one thing. He also has Jorah there to cure and finding out Jon is Aegon Targaryen. Because of the thread title I have no idea if spoilers are allowed or not.

well we're beyond book spoiler territory the only ones out there are the supposed entire S7 plot leak which may or may not be bullshit

kit harrington said on jimmy kimmel he had to film at least 3 fake scenes to throw off leakers

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Constant posted:

but he has a cool ship

Hope we get a closer look at Silence and it's all-mute crew.

(Euron's boat and crew are probably not as hosed up as in the book)

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

They are a bunch of total fuckups.

They remind me of one of Lisa the Painful's taglines: A sea of dipshits

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Guys, I don't think Jorah is going to be okay. :smith:

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE

Deakul posted:

Guys, I don't think Jorah is going to be okay. :smith:

Nah, he's fine

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Was that the dagger Joffrey gave the assassin to kill Bran in Sam's book about legends of the Long Night?

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
my boy davos didn't get any lines so i can't 10/10 that ep but it was good, it was nice

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Was that the dagger Joffrey gave the assassin to kill Bran in Sam's book about legends of the Long Night?

yes it was

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
So I still don't understand how Arya got faceless powers but I'm glad she's out of that crappy plot.

Also where did Bronn end up?

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost
This episode was pretty awesome, gently caress the haters.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

So I still don't understand how Arya got faceless powers but I'm glad she's out of that crappy plot.

I suspect that Jaqen H'ghar is in fact the avatar of the many-faced god and not just a follower and he always wanted Arya to be Arya Stark - Assassin Extraordinaire and not some nameless peon. He had a pleased little smirk when she said she was leaving.

Bronn is lurking near Jamie in a lieutenant capacity

Hexel fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Jul 17, 2017

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

iirc He's currently Jaime's right-hand

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

He's engaged to Lollys Stokesworth, a landed heiress to a minor house that would immediately confer nobility

He came back from Dorne with Jaime, but he has very little interest in staying involved in these intrigues

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Bronn always just seems to disappear when not needed, I figure he's just in brothels and inns loving the whores. Actually would Cersei even let him live after being with Tyrion for so long? I doubt Jaime could convince her not to. Maybe he's just peaced out and creampie-ing every lady he can find in his new castle he got from helping Jaime.

If the fatass actually wrote his story we might actually know these things.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

So this was a pretty good episode, but we watched it with someone who had only seen half of last season and the best part of this episode was drunkenly explaining the last six including how most of it is the fault of Sean Bean and his terrible progeny and ancestors.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Did Sophie Turners voice significantly change this season? It seems way more bassy.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Nothing about the Arya training plot was good or makes sense.

She has faceless man powers now! How? Why? gently caress you that's why.

jazz babies
Mar 7, 2007

Euron is that one dude who bums smokes off of every person he sees.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Nothing about the Arya training plot was good or makes sense.

She has faceless man powers now! How? Why? gently caress you that's why.

We explained to my friend her plot in terms of Face/Off.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Nothing about the Arya training plot was good or makes sense

I dont think she failed or rejected her training at all but questioning the right and wrong of who lives and who dies was all part of her test and the waif was the final boss.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Arya's Season 6 arc was a nonsensical mess.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Arya's Season 6 arc was a nonsensical mess.

At least it was true to the books!

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

The Greyjoy flagship is really cool.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
So unless Euron has Drowned God powers (which we have never heard of in the show), what does he hope to accomplish even with a thousand of off-screen-built ships against three (four?) fleets?

Like, Jaime spelled it out pretty well for Cersei: she is surrounded on all sides thanks to her constant need to make enemies of everyone, she used up the remaining supply of wildfire to get her revenge on an entire religion devoted to spiting her, and she is outnumbered 7:2. Even with the White Walkers taking Jon's army's attention, she is backed into a corner after running out of corners to be backed into.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

ApeHawk posted:

So unless Euron has Drowned God powers (which we have never heard of in the show), what does he hope to accomplish even with a thousand of off-screen-built ships against three (four?) fleets?

Like, Jaime spelled it out pretty well for Cersei: she is surrounded on all sides thanks to her constant need to make enemies of everyone, she used up the remaining supply of wildfire to get her revenge on an entire religion devoted to spiting her, and she is outnumbered 7:2. Even with the White Walkers taking Jon's army's attention, she is backed into a corner after running out of corners to be backed into.

Cersei has the power of Plot and The Script behind her.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

ApeHawk posted:

A thousand ships is sort of a lot of ships for a fleet.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Barreft posted:

Bronn always just seems to disappear when not needed, I figure he's just in brothels and inns loving the whores. Actually would Cersei even let him live after being with Tyrion for so long? I doubt Jaime could convince her not to. Maybe he's just peaced out and creampie-ing every lady he can find in his new castle he got from helping Jaime.

If the fatass actually wrote his story we might actually know these things.

As far as I know, Lena Headley and him still hate each other's guts and refuse to film together so as long as the King's Landing plot remains so heavily focused on her he won't be showing up.

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.
I never really felt a threat from the soldiers towards Arya due to the fact that Ed Sheeran's handlers would never allow him to be involved in a scene depicting violence of any kind, since his image revolves around him being a non-threatening tubby European-type that sounds like what would happen if mashed potatoes learned to play an accoustic guitar.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I'm all aboard Arya's Revenge Tour.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Oh wow I didn't know Jim Broadbent was going to be in this season. What a pleasant surprise!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a foolish pianist
May 6, 2007

(bi)cyclic mutation

SexyBlindfold posted:

my boy davos didn't get any lines so i can't 10/10 that ep but it was good, it was nice

He got a pretty good smirk in, though.

• Locked thread