Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Turd Herder
May 21, 2008

BALLCOCK BALLCOCK BALLCOCK BALLCOCK
Looking to play a Tower Defence . What is the best one out there?

I loved Plants Vs Zombies , I also use to play a ton of Tower defense on StarCraft Broadwar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

defenders quest
immortal defense
gemcraft
defense grid

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Turd Herder posted:

I loved Plants Vs Zombies , I also use to play a ton of Tower defense on StarCraft Broadwar.
Bloons is free and also tower defense/offense so maybe that's up your alley.
Otherwise, see post above for quality games.

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Jul 16, 2017

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Defender Quest is the best traditional Tower Defense and Immortal Defense is the only one that really does anything unique.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQxtnKHXf3Y

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Justin_Brett posted:

Aviary Attorney, he means. It released during one of the summer sales but lacked the last case.
So is it still unfinished or did they release it later on?

e: My favorite TDs are Orcs Must Die (and the sequel) and Dungeon Warfare, both definitely worth a look.

anilEhilated fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Jul 16, 2017

juliuspringle
Jul 7, 2007

Awesome! posted:

defenders quest
immortal defense
gemcraft
defense grid

Dungeon Defenders is fun as hell with a friend and Iron Brigade is pretty decent if you want to tower defense but also kill things directly yourself.

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!

Turd Herder posted:

Dungeon warfare

Turd Herder
May 21, 2008

BALLCOCK BALLCOCK BALLCOCK BALLCOCK
Wow I have quite a few to check out. Thanks.

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

I'll second defenders quest. And since others are offering suggestions that have td elements but aren't strictly tower defense, ill also recommend checking out dungeon of the endless

Quixzlizx
Jan 7, 2007
Koei-Tecmo is having a sale on Gust games. Are the Nights of Azure and Atelier Sophie ports at least competent?

Edit: I have the PS4 versions of both games, so if they are inferior to those, I'm not going to double-dip.

Quixzlizx fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Jul 16, 2017

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

How is Maia? It looks like sims in a space colony, and I know the reviews say mixed, but the developer's also still working on it, so... has the dude fixed it at all?

Orv
May 4, 2011

StrixNebulosa posted:

How is Maia? It looks like sims in a space colony, and I know the reviews say mixed, but the developer's also still working on it, so... has the dude fixed it at all?

I backed it on Kickstarter six years ago and I wouldn't even call it playable at this point.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Orv posted:

I backed it on Kickstarter six years ago and I wouldn't even call it playable at this point.

Well shoot. Thanks!

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

tight aspirations posted:

Goat Sim and Escape Goat? Wish Jeff Minter released more stuff on pc.
Polybius for PC is in development, and TxK might happen if we all hold hands, close our eyes and believe.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Clockwerk posted:

I'll second defenders quest. And since others are offering suggestions that have td elements but aren't strictly tower defense, ill also recommend checking out dungeon of the endless

Actually I take back what I said about Immortal Defense being the only TD that does something unique, I forgot about Dungeon of the Endless which is a very good game that's successfully half roguelike and half tower defense and manages to somehow be a good representation of both genres.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

gemcraft does some cool things with combining towers and powering them up with support towers

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
My steam categories:

Has anime tits

Has no anime tits

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost

Turd Herder posted:

Seconding what others have said here:
Defender's Quest is one of the best pure TD games. I cant vouch for Immortal Defense though having never played it.

I would say that Dungeon of the Endless is easily my favorite of the bunch, but it isn't a traditional TD by any stretch so if you are specifically in the market for a TD, it might not fit the bill (I would say play it anyway because you will probably like it and want to put some time in with it eventually)

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

Leal posted:

My steam categories:

Has anime tits

Has no anime tits

Is that second category essentially empty?

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
I feel a little better knowing I'm not the only one that gives goofy, arbitrary names to categories instead of straightforward boring stuff.

I actually just got done finally organizing the silly number of indie platformers on my list last night, though it was occasionally really annoying trying to discern between pure platformers and puzzle platformers.

John Murdoch fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Jul 17, 2017

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
-BAD RATS
-INFERIOR GAMES

the only two categories you need

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Tamayachi posted:

Is that second category essentially empty?

It is a temporary shelter until the right mods come about.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Just lol if you haven't turned your hobby into work yet

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Where do you put Ubisoft games that have achievements but they only show up in Uplay, rendering them effectively non-existent :argh:

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

:golfclap:

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

You gain brouzouf.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the only category that matters

(if you're a loser like me!!!)

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass

Quest For Glory II posted:

the only category that matters

[bullshit]

(if you're a loser like me!!!)

Steam is for collecting games, not playing them! Get out!

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Omegaland cuts straight to the point.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

path of exile was supposed to get some big overhaul some time soon but i dont remember when. has that happened?

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS

Kly posted:

path of exile was supposed to get some big overhaul some time soon but i dont remember when. has that happened?

End of July or early August for the big expansion.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."

Luisfe posted:

Dungeon warfare

It's of a different sort, but it's definitely a good choice. Anomaly Defenders is also decent.

There's also this game X-Morph: Defense that's going to come out in the near future. Seems neat.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS

Blattdorf posted:

It's of a different sort, but it's definitely a good choice. Anomaly Defenders is also decent.

There's also this game X-Morph: Defense that's going to come out in the near future. Seems neat.

Well, I hope it's balanced well between the shooting and planning. I tend to prefer less active play and watching my towers do the dirty work with that genre.

CMvan46
Oct 7, 2013

Kly posted:

It's in beta right now. From what I've seen there are some pretty good changes. I'm just looking forward to 10 acts and not having to run through the game 3 times on every character.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
Anybody remember that Social Interaction Trainer game where you had to pay the dev money in a "silent auction" to unlock an achievement?

He's now melting down, has set the game price to $200 and is removing his games from Steam because they won't let him put a link to his patreon in them.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/519930/Social_Interaction_Trainer/
https://twitter.com/googumproduce/status/878306636464402432

kater
Nov 16, 2010

when i click this thread it jumps to the e.y.e. pictures and gosh that is triggering me hard.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
i'm not really sure what he's complaining about, it's a very safe legal stance to take. deny all links just in case someone tries to sneak in something nasty. i mean, your product's page can already be linked to various offsites in the product info column, just talk up your patreon on the game's homepage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

The White Dragon posted:

i'm not really sure what he's complaining about, it's a very safe legal stance to take. deny all links just in case someone tries to sneak in something nasty. i mean, your product's page can already be linked to various offsites in the product info column, just talk up your patreon on the game's homepage

He's complaining about it because he's the type of person to use "cucks" unironically. Also the type of person that doesn't realize he can put the Patreon link in one of the other accepted links.

• Locked thread