Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

Nate RFB posted:

I still have yet to use Arash or Andersen despite maxing out their NPs and ascending each once.

Anderson is real good but the problem is that waver exists. The regen on his NP is fantastic by itself and the buffs are nice when they activate. I need to use Arash more so I can start nuking Chimeras.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

arash and waver do different things

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Started this recently (JP version). Is there any way to know how much XP a quest gives? I blew my AP several times on big quests only to stop a few 100 short for the free level refill I thought I'd get. Are golden apples plentiful? I have a bunch but it feels wasteful to use them when you're barely lvl 27.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

genericnick posted:

Started this recently (JP version). Is there any way to know how much XP a quest gives?

Just the wikis.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

genericnick posted:

Started this recently (JP version). Is there any way to know how much XP a quest gives? I blew my AP several times on big quests only to stop a few 100 short for the free level refill I thought I'd get. Are golden apples plentiful? I have a bunch but it feels wasteful to use them when you're barely lvl 27.

golden apples are fairly plentiful (the event now gives out like 15 if you can find your way through the hardest quests) but id save using them until youre at least level 50ish just to maximize ap, yeah

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
It's really hard to run out of golden apples unless you are deliberately trying to. I still have 200 of them, and 70 silvers.

Daraken
Oct 9, 2007

Maybe tomorrow, I'll find a home.
Given the current half AP cost for daily quests, would using apples now to stock up on XP/QP be the best use of them? Or is there a better time to save them for in the future?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

events maybe, since those are limited time

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Can someone explain what makes Anderson so good? I don't really get it :(

also thanks Nate for your op Jeanne.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tired Moritz posted:

Can someone explain what makes Anderson so good? I don't really get it :(
his skills are good and synergize with each other (he gives crit stars, he gives crit damage), his np gain is really high and he has a skill that basically gives him a full np bar for nothing, and his np gives a lot of good, powerful buffs and due to his high np gain, his second skill, and their three turn duration, you can stack buffs on top of buffs so that everyone always have 2 attack buffs, 2 defense buffs, and is regenning 2000 hp per turn

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Basically he's very good for any team that works with crits because one of his skills boosts Crit damage, the other creates more stars for the team for multiple turns. And then he has his NP which carries a pretty darn good set of buffs and heals. Unfortunately it's chance based but his 2nd skill and QAAAB card spread means that he's capable of repeatedly spamming it to keep your team at the top of their game at all times.

Also and perhaps most importantly, voiced by Koyasu.

Main demerit is that his HP is terrible, but well you can pair him with someone who can soak damage like George.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Endorph posted:

his skills are good and synergize with each other (he gives crit stars, he gives crit damage), his np gain is really high and he has a skill that basically gives him a full np bar for nothing, and his np gives a lot of good, powerful buffs and due to his high np gain, his second skill, and their three turn duration, you can stack buffs on top of buffs so that everyone always have 2 attack buffs, 2 defense buffs, and is regenning 2000 hp per turn

Oh, so he does well with a quick team? Honestly, I haven't been using the green cards as much, I don't really get how they work, beyond "drop stars, pray that your strong servants get them".

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Pureauthor posted:

I have rolled every single Bronze Servant in the game, most of them to NP5, except for Andersen

loving gachas.
I feel like I got a 3* Servant maybe every other day in the FP gacha the first week, and virtually none since then.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I managed to get Lily's second ascension, so, woohoo I guess.
I can't get serpent gems to save my drat life, so I can't upgrade Medusa, and I'm not even gonna pretend I can get any of the stuff I need for Herc or Emiya or anyone else in my team.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Wait until you enter the hell known as Meteroic Horseshoes and how they could only be found in a single spot. :shepface:

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I find it really funny that the drop rates for stuff is so abysmal that there are events for them.

http://fate-go.cirnopedia.org/quest_event_20170524.php#nav

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
Ok, I feel bad now. After bitching about my bad gacha luck, I burned one last summon ticket before signing out and got Gil. :shobon:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Wow I'm already seeing some 60 Hercs in the wild, just how many golems have you people slaughtered?

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Tired Moritz posted:

Oh, so he does well with a quick team? Honestly, I haven't been using the green cards as much, I don't really get how they work, beyond "drop stars, pray that your strong servants get them".

I don't remember the exact mechanics, but basically, when you hit an enemy, you make stars. Quick cards make more stars. Hitting an enemy multiple times will make more stars that hitting once, meaning the best star generating servants have move sets that hit a lot of times.

The stars are randomly distributed to your cards, with each star being a 10% chance to crit. Critting will increase everything a card does, so extra damage, extra NP, etc.

There are effects through CEs and skills that will increase how many stars go to one servants cards, or increase the damage from crits.

Crit damage can get bonkers. With a really good star generator you get poo poo tons of stars, and with some crit damage up a buster crit can potentially do more damage than many NPs.

They're not so needed in the early game where you can steamroll everything with buster cards, but later when you start to see bosses with huge rear end health pools crits become a good way to deal sustained damage.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Nate RFB posted:

Wow I'm already seeing some 60 Hercs in the wild, just how many golems have you people slaughtered?

I've had mine for more than a week, its easy compared to all the other poo poo I've had to do so far.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Dj Meow Mix posted:

I've had mine for more than a week, its easy compared to all the other poo poo I've had to do so far.
Did you pretty much just roll through Gaul a million times?

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Pretty much. It took a couple days but the rate isn't as depressing as getting gold mats from the monster hunt dailies, also you only need 6 if I remember correctly so it's really nbd.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I might get some more again for Herc since I have two left over from ascending Nero. I hate that I have to wait until Thursday to get more phoenix plumes so I can finally get Nero's third ascension.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Guess I'll use my Summon Ticket...It's a Servant...oh, it's an Archer...Holy fuckin' poo poo, it's gold!...Oh, it's Atalanta.

This is a truly evil gacha.

Meanwhile, in Whale Hell:

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Between my last three tickets I've gotten Liz and Artoria. :toot: If I really wanted Gil I guess I'd be salty about hitting a 5* but missing the rateup but I haven't actually tossed any quartz at this so I'm happy with that.

A GODDAMN TYPO
Oct 22, 2008

Is there a good guide to which Interludes are out? Or is it just "whatever's under the Interlude tab in Chaldea Gate"?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Yes. The Interludes menu shows every Servant that has an Interlude, whether or not you have that Servant (the button will be fully colored), and then if you have met the conditions to actually do that Interlude (the button will show AP cost and battle count).

Bakanogami posted:

There are effects through CEs and skills that will increase how many stars go to one servants cards, or increase the damage from crits.

Different classes also have different chances of getting the stars added to their cards.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Marogareh posted:

I might get some more again for Herc since I have two left over from ascending Nero. I hate that I have to wait until Thursday to get more phoenix plumes so I can finally get Nero's third ascension.

I'll break it to you now: if you need more than 4 phoenix plumes, fully expect to have wait till the week after to be able to evo Nero. I'll be grinding with you come Thursday, so best of luck friend!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I need:

F/SN Cu
A Shirou CE
Another Kotomine CE
A Kuzuki CE
The Temple Gate CE (Or I guess a Zouken CE and I could swap in cursed arm)

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Schubalts posted:

Yes. The Interludes menu shows every Servant that has an Interlude, whether or not you have that Servant (the button will be fully colored), and then if you have met the conditions to actually do that Interlude (the button will show AP cost and battle count).

I'm pretty sure the Interludes menu only shows you interludes for Servants you have? Mine doesn't have Emiya on it, for example. And I don't think that menu shows interludes in chapter locations until you meet the requirements; before that you've got to go and find them in the chapters themselves.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

NRVNQSR posted:

I'm pretty sure the Interludes menu only shows you interludes for Servants you have? Mine doesn't have Emiya on it, for example. And I don't think that menu shows interludes in chapter locations until you meet the requirements; before that you've got to go and find them in the chapters themselves.

Schubalts posted:

The interludes menu under Chaldea shows interludes that don't sit on a mission node (thus not requiring any story progression to access), but will also give you a shortcut to other interludes you have met the ascension/bond prerequesites for.
When we start getting Strenghening quests, those will also sit in the Chaldea interludes menu as well.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

The drop rates on hunts and duels are awful and I don't really have a use for any more EXP cards or QP yet but I am going to miss half AP costs

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
The 1/2 AP cost is part of the reason I've been waffling on finishing up story free quests, it feels like a better use of my time to maximize getting mana prisms now so I've only been doing interludes and free quests in the morning when I don't want to level up since I have to go to work.

This morning's summoning ticket finally gave me something from the rateup pool: Lancelot. I think after 4 rolls and 20 summoning tickets that is literally the first *anything* from the rateup pool that I've actually gotten.

JimmyT64
Oct 27, 2007
I'm Special!
Made a 10 roll after carefully hoarding a bunch of free quartz/ascending servants to do their intermission quests etc. Got no gold servants, but did get my third copy of Kaleidoscope.

So if I get a fourth, is it worth it to combine them all into Kaleidoscopotron? Or would 4 separate smaller kaleidoscopes be better?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

you definitely want multiple kalediscopes imo, but it depends on if you have waver or not

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
The number is five, isn't it? They start with zero stars (like ascensions) and each one fills up as you limit break them, up until 4/4.

I kind of feel like there could absolutely be situations where you want to enter a battle with a ton of 80% NPs ready to go, rather than just a single at 100%. It might be worth combining Imaginary Elements though? Far more likely you'll get five of those than five Kaleidoscopes.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

You haven't lived until you've landed a whale in your friends list with at least three kaleidoscopes (one of which is limit broken) and multiple 70+ 5 star servants.

(meanwhile i'm happy to have 50% starting on a limit broken dragon's meridian finally)

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I got my fourth Formal Craft. I'm ready for a new Summon pool, enough of my friends have Gil that I don't even really care about him at this point. I have Emiya so I'm fine.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

SaffronKit posted:

I'll break it to you now: if you need more than 4 phoenix plumes, fully expect to have wait till the week after to be able to evo Nero. I'll be grinding with you come Thursday, so best of luck friend!

She needs 29 total and I only have 2 :negative: At least it's the only thing I need after grinding and praying for gold saber monuments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
It turns out Angra is actually good at killing ridiculously specific enemies, like those with crazy defense buff.

Double Merlin + Angra took care of super crab.