Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
also ##unvote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
I'm dead tonight by poison.

I'm town tracker. Somber to flying Leatherman d1

Flying Leatherman nowhere d2

Redneck nazgul nowhere d3.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

chaoslord (0): Tired Moritz, Tired Moritz

Not Voting (7): chaoslord, Flying Leatherman, Hal Incandenza, Jedit, PMush Perfect, Tired Moritz, Yorkshire Tea

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is July 17th, 2017 at 11:30 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 8 hours.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Tired Moritz posted:

you know, with pera confirmed as A BIG FAT LIAR, we have no proof that there's a scum team at all.

this could really be a town vs 3p game.

I wished Somber told us who they doc'd earlier, that would had been a nice lead.
N1: 'launched into the sun'
N2: Poison death
N3: 'sliced and diced', poison death.

So, looking at it, I feel like the only options are that somber protected the right person from the scum/whoever on Night 2, or they can only kill every other night.

Would 'arsonist/poisoner/SK' really be the game setup, though? The 'every other night' thing would make more sense to me, since otherwise, worst-case scenario, you got three people dying almost every night. A 3P Arsonist, then a scumteam of Poisoner and Odd-Night Goon feels like it makes more sense to me.

Yorkshire Tea posted:

I'm dead tonight by poison.

I'm town tracker. Somber to flying Leatherman d1

Flying Leatherman nowhere d2

Redneck nazgul nowhere d3.
Okay, so, FL's basically cleared as town, then. That's something at least.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
I can't believe I missed all of D3. My bad. Haven't had time to read anything past the flip yet, will follow up when I get a chance to do that. Weekend is tough for me.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

PMush Perfect posted:

N1: 'launched into the sun'
N2: Poison death
N3: 'sliced and diced', poison death.

So, looking at it, I feel like the only options are that somber protected the right person from the scum/whoever on Night 2, or they can only kill every other night.

Would 'arsonist/poisoner/SK' really be the game setup, though? The 'every other night' thing would make more sense to me, since otherwise, worst-case scenario, you got three people dying almost every night. A 3P Arsonist, then a scumteam of Poisoner and Odd-Night Goon feels like it makes more sense to me.

Okay, so, FL's basically cleared as town, then. That's something at least.

FL could be a ninja SK or some such thing so be careful there

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Scum/SK/whatever must have been convinced somber was the poisoner I guess, seems like a waste of a NK since he was clearly going to have a very hard time today. I definitely was on the wrong track with him.

YT is probably telling the truth about tracker since he had that "somber isn't the poisoner" post yesterday

I need to think about everyone else but I would bet that the badguys were hot to get rid of pera after the claim since they would be worried about being taken out (obvs).

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Hal Incandenza posted:

Scum/SK/whatever must have been convinced somber was the poisoner I guess, seems like a waste of a NK since he was clearly going to have a very hard time today.

That isn't logical. The NK wouldn't stop the Poisoner marking someone, and you're not cleared until you flip because we don't know if the Poisoner is scum or 3P.

I think Somber was killed because he was saying he knew something but, being an rear end in a top hat, never got round to telling us what it was. Scum got to him first.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Jedit posted:

That isn't logical. The NK wouldn't stop the Poisoner marking someone, and you're not cleared until you flip because we don't know if the Poisoner is scum or 3P.

Ummmm it would stop them every day after though

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

I should say that I'm agreeing with you in principle that it's a waste of an NK to kill the Poisoner if he's suspected, but that's why it's not logical to assume this is why the scum did it.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Hal Incandenza posted:

Ummmm it would stop them every day after though

So does a lynch, which I thought was your point.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Jedit posted:

So does a lynch, which I thought was your point.

well that is true

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Hal Incandenza posted:

FL could be a ninja SK or some such thing so be careful there
Maybe. That would make more sense if they were paired in a team with the Poisoner, I suppose. If it really is all 3P, having the SK be a Tracker feels like the worst kind of dick move.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Hal Incandenza posted:

well that is true

Yes but if a lynch was set to happen I would have come out to bat for Somber.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

YT, FL, can we hear your thoughts on everyone so far? I wouldn't mind checking my notes against someone's who I can at least reasonably guess is town.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

PMush Perfect posted:

YT, FL, can we hear your thoughts on everyone so far? I wouldn't mind checking my notes against someone's who I can at least reasonably guess is town.

Will list everyone in a bit of time.

I had TM down as likely scum for how hard he's been pushing for Somber.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

CL has a lower post-count than several dead people, and has put forth essentially no posts of note whatsoever, except for commentary on the Jeabus thing, a commentless vote on pera, and a one-emote response about the N2 deadline. If there really is another 3P, they're explicitly going to do better by not posting than posting. I could theoretically be talked down from this, but honestly, unless there's some pretty compelling evidence, I'm very, very suspicious of him.

##vote chaoslord

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Yorkshire Tea posted:

dont tell me honestly you thought somber was playing in anyway a townie manner

everyone I thought to be scum turns out to be town so my reads are clearly kinda poo poo this game.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Tired Moritz posted:

dont tell me honestly you thought somber was playing in anyway a townie manner

everyone I thought to be scum turns out to be town so my reads are clearly kinda poo poo this game.

I had Somber as town before I got confirmation he wasn't poisoner. So yes? I did?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Yorkshire Tea posted:

I had Somber as town before I got confirmation he wasn't poisoner. So yes? I did?

what the gently caress? how?

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Tired Moritz posted:

what the gently caress? how?

From the way he was acting and the NKs that happened.

Yorkshire Tea posted:

I think this post is important.

Were I scum and knowing that Hog and Jam were both town, if one of them flipped, I'd immediately flip the other to make someone I know was town look bad.

I noted this at the beginning of Day 2 and said it was designed to make Somber a potential lynch target D2. Of course then pera had the weird breakdown.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

PMush Perfect posted:

If there really is another 3P, they're explicitly going to do better by not posting than posting.

The rest of your post is true but lol at this

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Also, at least I didn't cause a no lynch :shrug:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Hi, CL! Convenient of you to show up only after getting called out. Who's scum?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

PMush Perfect posted:

Hi, CL! Convenient of you to show up only after getting called out. Who's scum?

Yes, I decided not to post and instead wait until people asked why I wasn't posting to post. A Good Plan.

I don't know. Probably you. Need to read.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Yorkshire Tea posted:

From the way he was acting and the NKs that happened.

kinda a wishy washy answer but okay.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Tired Moritz posted:

kinda a wishy washy answer but okay.

I literally quoted the thing that convinced me for you.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I don't see how a quote from yourself is a very townie thing from Somber.

no, I'm not being obtuse, I legit don't understand what you're saying.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

OK I've got a headache and am gonna turn in. I'm setting an early alarm to try to get back to this.

If there is a Traditional Scum Team (which I personally doubt but may be in the minority of this opinion IDK) I believe this is MYLO. We're at 7, we have a mislynch (6), a poison death (5), and a nightkill (4) to come, which would presumably leave the game at 2 scum.

Other thing I have for right now: I don't think PMush is non-town. They were here posting at deadline when pera survived. The logical explanation is that they wanted pera alive. The logical conclusion from that is that PMush must not be town. I say this because, at that point, towns best move would have been a hammer to find out whereas I think the poisoner could have seen through what pera was putting out there. But the brazenness required to be here, posting, and having previously expressed a concern about the short deadline, and to then not hammer... I just... I love PMush, I really do, but I am not sure she is able to be that confident as a non-town.

I don't think it's jedit, either, since how short N1 was (yeah, I know, he could have pre loaded, but I have rarely actually see anyone do that, let alone on D1), so that leaves Hal and TM as the bad guys for me. I'll re-evaluate this bit in the morning.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hmmm clearly poison mushroom has to be the poisoner there I solved the game good work me

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

chaoslord posted:

OK I've got a headache and am gonna turn in. I'm setting an early alarm to try to get back to this.

If there is a Traditional Scum Team (which I personally doubt but may be in the minority of this opinion IDK) I believe this is MYLO. We're at 7, we have a mislynch (6), a poison death (5), and a nightkill (4) to come, which would presumably leave the game at 2 scum.

Other thing I have for right now: I don't think PMush is non-town. They were here posting at deadline when pera survived. The logical explanation is that they wanted pera alive. The logical conclusion from that is that PMush must not be town. I say this because, at that point, towns best move would have been a hammer to find out whereas I think the poisoner could have seen through what pera was putting out there. But the brazenness required to be here, posting, and having previously expressed a concern about the short deadline, and to then not hammer... I just... I love PMush, I really do, but I am not sure she is able to be that confident as a non-town.

I don't think it's jedit, either, since how short N1 was (yeah, I know, he could have pre loaded, but I have rarely actually see anyone do that, let alone on D1), so that leaves Hal and TM as the bad guys for me. I'll re-evaluate this bit in the morning.

The problem with that is that the scum didn't want Pera alive. OK, neither did the Town, but there's no way scum wouldn't act to lynch a 3PK. Doubly so, if there's only two of them.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Somber's Doc prevented all kills, now I see his PM. Pera said her arson attempt on redneck failed on the night we had no NK, so it's logical to think that the NK was also aimed at him.

I'm thinking that Tea has to be truthful. The doc is dead, so if he's trying to protect FL with the claim he went nowhere N2 FL will be under suspicion when he flips. And if he doesn't flip, he lied about being poisoned. (This does not of course rule out FL being a Ninja.)

I'm not sure about the Lurk For Victory argument against chaoslord. Nights have been too prompt, but so was his return to the thread. OTOH, I'm known to coast until prodded myself.

Preliminary thoughts pending a re-read when I'm home from work: I think if we lynch one of Hal or TM today we have a very good chance of hitting a bad guy.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
you guys literally bandwagon'd/rush pera to death, so much that redneck didn't even have time to post

I think going "etc wasn't here to vote, so suspicious" is a bit dumb

not a fan of chaoslurk and jedit coming together trying to push me and hal

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Jedit posted:

The problem with that is that the scum didn't want Pera alive. OK, neither did the Town, but there's no way scum wouldn't act to lynch a 3PK. Doubly so, if there's only two of them.

I'm making an assumption that the poisoner has some sort of complimentary ability like she had about the poisoner.

Knowing she is just going to the lunch target again the next day, and that you're immune, why wouldn't you want her to live one more night?

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

PMush Perfect posted:

hey! first off, sorry for missing the entirety of day 3. wasn't expecting life to come at me so hard.

I agree with the spec on YT - either he's telling the truth or we vote him tomorrow for not dying

clearly I was wrong about pera and somber, which blows a lot of my theories to hell. part of the problem I'm having with making reads right now is that most of the posts that I'm using are dealing with pera. since she was a third party, everyone else would have a reason to want her gone - so there isn't much that I can draw alignmentwise from the posts there.

I'd be pretty on board with a CL vote - I think I talked about why that would be back on day 2 and...well, see below.

jedit feels pretty fine to me based on what he's been laying out in his last few posts. I agree with his feelings on YT, and he caught the bit in CL's post about "PMush wanted the third-party to stay alive" that I saw while I was writing this up. That's a bit of a flag to me - in that under CL's theory either PMush believed the claim and was non-town, in which case she would want to kill pera, or PMush didn't believe the claim - leaving very few options for what pera actually was (because why would a town person commit that hard to an "I'm 3P!" bit?) and was also non-town, in which case she would have no reason not to hammer. This also is what contributes to my town read on pmush.

Basically, if you're not town, you would, to my mind, have been much more likely to vote pera on day 2 as there was absolutely no upside to keeping her alive. this is also why I'm actually...relatively...okay? with TM.

i'm null on hal because i haven't read him thoroughly enough.

preview edit:

chaoslord posted:

I'm making an assumption that the poisoner has some sort of complimentary ability like she had about the poisoner.

Knowing she is just going to the lunch target again the next day, and that you're immune, why wouldn't you want her to live one more night?

because it's another night where you're not in danger of being voted

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Flying Leatherman posted:

I'd be pretty on board with a CL vote - I think I talked about why that would be back on day 2 and...well, see below.

because it's another night where you're not in danger of being voted

You were on me for missing a day and then you missed a day lol

Also the whole point is that pera would be the vote so youre safe form the next vote

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Oh also Hal.

I initially didn't suspect Hal after the kills N1 because I didn't think they'd be in character for him. But in a game with multiple third party kills this defense doesn't hold as well. Same reason as TM, he was after Somber pretty hard.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Let me try saying it this way:

I think the poisoner would have known pera was full of it and as it became clear she was the vote for the day would have preferred it taking two days to lunch because if a reciprocal protection. But even if I'm wrong about that, the rest of this holds.

I think PMush not hammering pera is objectively the scummiest thing to happen in this game. I also do not think scum PMush would be so blatant about this. So I landed on town for her.

With YTs claim, the result on FL, and my beliefs wrt jedit and PMush, that only leaves two other folks in the game, and we are hunting down two kills.

Anyway, at the plant now. Unsure on this plants cell rules so I'll either be around shortly or not so shortly.

I'm assuming I'll probably be at claim range later on if the latter so I can just do it now, VT, nickel back.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

chaoslord posted:

You were on me for missing a day and then you missed a day lol
nah, you also skipped d1 past jokephase

quote:

Also the whole point is that pera would be the vote so youre safe form the next vote
yeah i totally misread this, still waking up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

chaoslord posted:

I think the poisoner would have known pera was full of it and as it became clear she was the vote for the day would have preferred it taking two days to lunch because if a reciprocal protection. But even if I'm wrong about that, the rest of this holds.

uhh what makes you say that?

• Locked thread