Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
yeah rip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
I think I saw him in '93 at some zombiecon. He looked like he was at death's door, had a recent stroke apparently. When I saw the Land of the Dead extras reel he was spry as gently caress. Fetal tissue recipient?

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

Johny-on-the-Spot posted:

Sucks, I was thinking of re-watching his good movies. Guess I have a reason to watch them now. I have night, and dawn. Have no interest in watching diary ever again. Which others are worth watching?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

Sue Eastside posted:

I think I saw him in '93 at some zombiecon. He looked like he was at death's door, had a recent stroke apparently. When I saw the Land of the Dead extras reel he was spry as gently caress. Fetal tissue recipient?

I read acute lung cancer.

For Landau I read he felt bad, went to hospital, died.

Cephalectomy
Jun 8, 2007

How long til Hollywood starts unceremoniously making GBS threads out remakes?

They already did this years ago. Night of the living dead has 2 or 3 different remakes, dawn of the dead had one with ving rhames, and day of the dead had a really bad one also with ving rhames.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

Sucks, I was thinking of re-watching his good movies. Guess I have a reason to watch them now. I have night, and dawn. Have no interest in watching diary ever again. Which others are worth watching?

Martin. It's been a million years but I think I remember The Crazies and Bruiser are worth watching. Day of the Dead gets poo poo on, but it's worth it for both the embarrassing as gently caress acting and the best effects in any of his movies. I also unashamedly like Knightriders which was his version of King Arthur told through the story of a group of nomadic motorcycle stunt riders. Also the 91 (I think) remake of NotLD that Tom Savini directed is pretty good.

Sucks that he's dead. I grew up near his neighborhood in Pittsburgh and you'd run into him here and there. He was a super nice guy and a real local hero. I had some relatives that were extras in Night and Dawn, and my old high school algebra teacher is the boxer shorts zombie in Night. He used to get so much poo poo for that.

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
Watching Night of The Living Dead. Ama.

No, not the colorized version.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

his new movie was gonna be about zombies driving cars like death race 2000

That sounds like it might own though.

:rip:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

So long and thanks for all the flesh

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
rip guy who made two good movies

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
I still say Day is better than Night or Dawn. Yeah the acting is bad but the acting is bad in all of them. I just love how utterly bleak and unforgiving the setting is. Plus the effects are brutal.

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

night of the living dead and its sequels were my favorite films since i was a little boy and creepshow is still a good watch

RIP the godfather of zombies

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Land of the Dead isn't good but I wouldn't call it terrible either. Then again I'm that guy who likes John Leguizamo

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Daikatana was really bad

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

mind the walrus posted:

Land of the Dead isn't good but I wouldn't call it terrible either. Then again I'm that guy who likes John Leguizamo

You know I think Romero's worst misstep with the Dead series was exploring the zombies rather than human behavior when confronted by zombie takeover. (not that he didn't, but we all know that human character is the star of the zombie film)

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Oh yeah. Even as a kid when I read the synopsis for Day I was all "aw gently caress they're going this route." It's why I love the class stuff in Land but hate the bullshit with zombie savant.

It's not too far off from the last Matrix movie where you're all "wait software programs with Pinocchio complexes are a major focus now?"

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
He didn't make a lot of good movies but he made a few that stood out

RIP in piece

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Has anybody made a joke about him coming back as a zombie yet?

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

Day is really good. The effects are great and super gruesome and Joe Pilato is an intense villain.

bitterandtwisted fucked around with this message at 11:23 on Jul 17, 2017

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

his calgon commercial was top notch

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

bitterandtwisted posted:

Day is really good. The effects are great and super gruesome and Joe Pilato is an intense villain.

Seconding this, Day gets poo poo on a lot but I think it might be my favorite Romero movie. Rhodes is such a great bad guy because he's so sympathetic - his motivation for being a total rear end in a top hat makes perfect sense given the circumstances.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

mind the walrus posted:

So long and thanks for all the flesh

Power_of_the_glory
Feb 14, 2012

Xenomrph posted:

Seconding this, Day gets poo poo on a lot but I think it might be my favorite Romero movie. Rhodes is such a great bad guy because he's so sympathetic - his motivation for being a total rear end in a top hat makes perfect sense given the circumstances.

Rhodes did nothing wrong.

doodlebugs
Feb 18, 2015

by Lowtax
I have no home

there is no copyrights to the Night Of The Living Deasd

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_f2Enn8x5s

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

wtf I kind of want a Daikatana 2 now

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

doodlebugs posted:

there is no copyrights to the Night Of The Living Deasd

only what's on archive.org, the blu-ray hd video for example is still copyright

TenTonHammer
Oct 3, 2003
Davidian

:dukedog:
I'm part of the Day owns crew. I was so hyped for Land when it came out, and even went to see it in a theater like 40 miles away that was the closest showing it. and ended up being the only person in the theater. I think I hated John lequizamo more than I did the fact of the Big Daddy zombie. Man he's an awful actor, and gently caress him and The Pest.

Luxury Communism
Aug 22, 2015

by Lowtax
thought this thread was about FARK.com meme Rick Romero for a second.

gibb3h
Jul 15, 2014

Wamdoodle posted:

That sounds like it might own though.

:rip:

agreed

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

bitterandtwisted posted:

The effect when one of the soldier's head getting ripped off so his screams get higher pitched was so inventive and really terrifying. Day rules. I feel like poo poo being 25 and realizing that Romero made Night of the Living Dead when he was 26.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Yeah at some point between 25 and 30 you start to realize how loving young a lot of major players in the world are/were.

When I was 26 I had a realization I was the same age as my mom when she married my dad and reflexively said "that explains a lot" at a crowded family gathering.

To be fair...
Feb 3, 2006
Film Producer

Oscar Wild posted:

He never did finish daikatana, did he?

:dadjoke:

Rasta_Al
Jul 14, 2001

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Fun Shoe
Saw this thread was bumped. Hoping George was back.

Leaving disappointed

*posted from my iPhone at Stuckey's mens restroom*

To be fair...
Feb 3, 2006
Film Producer
Night/Dawn/Day were all great in their own ways. The remakes were never as good as the originals but some of them had some merit.

So much good poo poo was put into all of them.

Also, night of the living bread was hilarious.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
NotLD and Martin are 2 of my favorite horror movies ever.

But Creepshow is not getting nearly enough love in this thread.

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

Rasta_Al posted:

Saw this thread was bumped. Hoping George was back.

Leaving disappointed

*posted from my iPhone at Stuckey's mens restroom*

A George Romero thread really should come back to life every few days.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

TheBizzness posted:

NotLD and Martin are 2 of my favorite horror movies ever.

But Creepshow is not getting nearly enough love in this thread.
Has the best HP Lovecraft adaption ever other than Reanimator

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

I think the Romero films were the first horror films I saw when I actually got an inkling there was deeper meaning behind them.

RIP George you owned so hard. Why didn't they take some fuckhead like Kanye instead.

• Locked thread