Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I was using a pop-up toaster for the longest time but am considering switching to a toaster oven, they are so much more versatile and only take up a little more space on the counter

I sometimes consider this, too. Especially for like small-batch cooking. I wonder what the electricity usage difference is like between a nice toaster oven and like a full-size stove oven. Feels like a waste to pre-heat the oven if I want some texas toast.

edit: I'm sorry for sniping a page with toaster talk, but only a little sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I'm really bad at Mega Man games because the Wii was basically my first Nintendo system so I never played any MM when I was growing up. Would it be worth me checking out Mighty Gunvolt Burst?

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

irlZaphod posted:

I'm really bad at Mega Man games because the Wii was basically my first Nintendo system so I never played any MM when I was growing up. Would it be worth me checking out Mighty Gunvolt Burst?

Yes. It's tough but incredibly easy to beat if you need help (it gives you the ability to lower damage taken, knockback taken, not die instantly from spikes, etc) thanks to the mod buster mechanic

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I think one of my joycons is loving up. Every other day or so I’ll get “your joycon is disconnected” from just playing the switch in handheld mode, forcing me to actually remove and reconnect the joycon for it to work again.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

Zelder posted:

Yes. It's tough but incredibly easy to beat if you need help (it gives you the ability to lower damage taken, knockback taken, not die instantly from spikes, etc) thanks to the mod buster mechanic

I just maxed out damage reduction, homing shots, and jump-dashing and coasted through every level with no problem.

One thing is that each boss is weak to a certain element, but it is not logical which element works on which boss. So just look up a cheat list or you'll get really frustrated.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Improbable Lobster posted:

All those regions with excess Switches, such as

Canada.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I think one of my joycons is loving up. Every other day or so I’ll get “your joycon is disconnected” from just playing the switch in handheld mode, forcing me to actually remove and reconnect the joycon for it to work again.
Do you just have 1 set of joycons? It could be the joycon or the Switch itself.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Those are actually just Switch boxes full of maple syrup. We all know this.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Takoluka posted:

Those are actually just Switch boxes full of maple syrup. We all know this.

I could really go for maple pecan ice cream now.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Does nobody there try to import

I mean, especially when games are more expensive in Japan for no reason and this is region free

Most (not all) Switch games aren't much more expensive in Japan. Amazon JP has Splatoon for the equivalent of about $49.

I've actually been importing most of my games just for the hell of it, since even after shipping it's only a few dollars more.

Edit: Just in case anyone goes looking to import from Amazon JP, they are really funky about shipping rates on preorders until a day or two before release, so watch out for that.

Modus Pwnens fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Jul 17, 2017

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005
Anyone know of any third party socks that are out already? I know Nyko has one coming out but I'm hoping to get one sooner than that.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

EpicNemesis posted:

Anyone know of any third party socks that are out already? I know Nyko has one coming out but I'm hoping to get one sooner than that.

definitely recommend using your own socks for anything Switch related.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

EpicNemesis posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jv4dihgFy8

SFANS apparently has one coming out in August. It's a lot smaller, and has more USB-C ports, but the the design means you'll have to balance out your Switch on something to give the air intakes clearance, and it surprisingly is not much cheaper than the first party dock.

I'll add this to the op if it actually comes out on schedule, but as with any GoFundMe I expect some amount of delays, though as you can see it's a finished commercial product, at least in prototype well enough along they've sent it to numerous reviewers.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Canada is extremely large, one store having a bunch (for an undetermined amount of time!) means nothing.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

I'm in Canada and have never seen a Switch in stock. I got lucky and got one from amazon prime.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Wendell posted:

Canada is extremely large, one store having a bunch (for an undetermined amount of time!) means nothing.

85% of Canadians live within 70 miles of the American border, and thus have a population density equivalent to the Northeastern United States.

They're just too expensive here, because we haven't forgotten how our currencies used to be at parity only four years ago. Nobody up here except tools and fanboys feels they're worth $399 MSRP, plus tax.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mister Facetious posted:

85% of Canadians live within 70 miles of the American border, and thus have a population density equivalent to the Northeastern United States.

They're just too expensive here, because we haven't forgotten how our currencies used to be at parity only four years ago. Nobody up here except tools and fanboys feels they're worth $399 MSRP, plus tax.

The tools and fanboys are right

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Mister Facetious posted:

I don't care how dense it is, you seeing some at one store does not represent an entire country.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Wendell posted:

I don't care how dense it is, you seeing some at one store does not represent an entire country.

Sorry you're so salty, because you live in a country where people like a dead console with no games so much. It's okay, bro. :glomp:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

irlZaphod posted:

Do you just have 1 set of joycons? It could be the joycon or the Switch itself.

I do. I may have to look around for a 2nd set to figure out what’s causing it.

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...

Improbable Lobster posted:

I'm in Canada and have never seen a Switch in stock. I got lucky and got one from amazon prime.

i went to the walmart here and the only thing they had in the switch section was mario kart wii for $79.83

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

checksin posted:

i went to the walmart here and the only thing they had in the switch section was mario kart wii for $79.83

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

i cant believe best buy got so good so quickly wrt video games it feels like they were just on the verge of bankruptcy

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Ostentatious posted:

i cant believe best buy got so good so quickly wrt video games it feels like they were just on the verge of bankruptcy

Tbf the bar for video games in retail is very low

Deltron 3030
Jul 23, 2006

I submit that you took that baseball, stashed it in your unusually large vagina, and walked right on out of here!
Needs more Splatoon 2 hype...

:siren: It's gonna be so great, wooooooooo!!!!! :siren:

Anyone know if it will be available for download midnight ET on the 21st so I can ruin my Thursday night's sleep?

Deltron 3030 fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Jul 17, 2017

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Any updates on strong wonderful indie games?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I was using a pop-up toaster for the longest time but am considering switching to a toaster oven, they are so much more versatile and only take up a little more space on the counter

Dont do it. They are bad toasters first and semi proficient ovens second. I switched back

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
Are there any deals on individual Joycons? There was an incident involving a beer and my right one is dead. I'll probably try to send it in and see if they'll at least give me a new one cheaper but I have a boys trip this weekend and Mario Kart is probably gonna go down. One of these being $50 is some silly poo poo though.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Deltron 3030 posted:

Needs more Splatoon 2 hype...

:siren: It's gonna be so great, wooooooooo!!!!! :siren:

Anyone know if it will be available for download midnight ET on the 21st so I can ruin my Thursday night's sleep?

Once again I woke up today feeling fine up until I came to the realization that Splatoon 2 still did not exist yet, and then I became sad.

Every day this feedback loop intensifies until the day it finally comes out and I explode in excitement

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I regret paying full price for Cave Story

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Guy Goodbody posted:

I regret paying full price for Cave Story

I don't

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
If you pay any monies for cave story then you're a fool

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

But Cave Story is good and worth money.

Kero Blaster would be fitting for the switch too.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

checksin posted:

Wow! A sale price

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Overbite posted:

If you pay any monies for cave story then you're a fool

I'll post the link to make it easy for people: http://www.cavestory.org/download/cave-story.php

Click and download and play a good game.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I regret paying full price for Other M and XCX and that's pretty much it

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

Dont do it. They are bad toasters first and semi proficient ovens second. I switched back

It's kind of ironic because a toaster oven is great for everything that isn't actually toasting bread.

Heating up leftovers, if you are willing to deal with the additional time, is fantastic in a toaster oven.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

The Bloop posted:

This but also Sticker Star

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

The Bloop posted:

XCX was good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

Not a Children posted:

This but also Sticker Star

Sticker Star and Other M, I regret. I don't regret paying full price for Color Splash though.

• Locked thread