Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Okay yeah 1992 La Parka was just loving around, teaming with a mummy and a guy with a "hockey killer" gimmick.

The FIRST match of 1993 is La Parka, Psicosis, and Heavy Metal vs. Lizmark, Rey Misterio Jr., and Eddy Guerrero. AKA "that good poo poo"

No spoilers, just watch. This is some of the best trios wrestling I've ever seen. And the next match on the list is a rematch!

https://twitter.com/Boco_T/status/886681086021046272
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEg3_TAqfI0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Amazing https://twitter.com/luchalibreaaa/status/886761075504316416

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

lmfao

https://twitter.com/TheTayaValkyrie/status/886763556812673026

https://twitter.com/TheTayaValkyrie/status/886764488728260608

oatgan fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Jul 17, 2017

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/886765047623692288

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/TheTayaValkyrie/status/886766012292517889

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
That dead lift bridging German from Eddie was a thing of beauty

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

its been forever since I paid attention to AAA seriously, what's all this about?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/886950881643700224
https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/886953457856466944

AAA deserves the Worst Promotion award this year

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
super edit: this situation is wtf

The D in Detroit fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Jul 17, 2017

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Lucha loving owns. On one side you have CMLL putting together awesome wrestling with the occasional absurd thing, on the other side you have AAA being everything scummy about wrestling, and somewhere in the background you have La Parka and Rush beating each other senseless.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

hahah AAA and TNA deserve each other so much

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

hahah AAA and GFW deserve each other so much

show THE FORCE some respect smh

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

no and I will never stop calling it TNA. Never ever.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

flashy_mcflash posted:

hahah AAA and TNA deserve each other so much

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

coconono posted:

its been forever since I paid attention to AAA seriously, what's all this about?

Sexy Star was half of the mixed tag champs around a year and a half ago.

She refused to drop the title, and she ended up retiring and starting a boxing career.

Taya (Johnny Mundo's fiancee) was the Reina de Reinas champion until about a month. She won the title in April in a street fight by use of a rear naked choke in a street fight.

A couple of weeks ago, Taya was stripped of the title after being in a car accident, with the reason given by Vampiro that the title change was null because it was illegal. It's not really clear what the actual reason is because she didn't really miss dayes, and was honestly not hurt for so long...

It was again, won by use of a choke. In a street fight. Where there are no disqualifications.

Vampiro later revised this to be that it was due to the fact that there had been no pinfall or submission.

This was true. The match had been stopped BECAUSE HER OPPONENT WAS UNCONCIOUS.

By the way this was in a street fight and honestly no one is stupid enough to use the passing doesn't change title stip other than apparently AAA

So basically the title stripping was bullshit, but the screw job wasn't yet complete.

They actually got possession of the physical title from Taya by lying to Johnny Mundo and asking if they could use it in some promo shots. Johnny brought it in the day he was supposed to do some promo shots for himself. He gave it to them, and they said they'd need it for another day or two to finish it, so he left the belt with AAA.

On the TV tapings last night, they had a 6 way to determine a new champion. The winner of this match was the newly returning Sexy Star, who still has managed to never get pinned in a singles match to lose a title.

Oh and then after the match ended a guy came out, laud waste to anyone and killed their heat so he could build up a match with Vampiro.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
How bad is AAA/LU right now?

Rey wants to go back to WWE or even GFW

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Hope he goes to TNA and loses his mask to Eli Drake

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Sexy Star's got all the stroke brother.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

exploded mummy posted:

She refused to drop the title, and she ended up retiring and starting a boxing career.

Taya (Johnny Mundo's fiancee) was the Reina de Reinas champion until about a month. She won the title in April in a street fight by use of a rear naked choke in a street fight.

A couple of weeks ago, Taya was stripped of the title after being in a car accident, with the reason given by Vampiro that the title change was null because it was illegal. It's not really clear what the actual reason is because she didn't really miss dayes, and was honestly not hurt for so long...

It was again, won by use of a choke. In a street fight. Where there are no disqualifications.

Vampiro later revised this to be that it was due to the fact that there had been no pinfall or submission.

This was true. The match had been stopped BECAUSE HER OPPONENT WAS UNCONCIOUS.

By the way this was in a street fight and honestly no one is stupid enough to use the passing doesn't change title stip other than apparently AAA

So basically the title stripping was bullshit, but the screw job wasn't yet complete.

They actually got possession of the physical title from Taya by lying to Johnny Mundo and asking if they could use it in some promo shots. Johnny brought it in the day he was supposed to do some promo shots for himself. He gave it to them, and they said they'd need it for another day or two to finish it, so he left the belt with AAA.

On the TV tapings last night, they had a 6 way to determine a new champion. The winner of this match was the newly returning Sexy Star, who still has managed to never get pinned in a singles match to lose a title.

Oh and then after the match ended a guy came out, laud waste to anyone and killed their heat so he could build up a match with Vampiro.

that's so hosed up it sounds like a work. Is that the same Sexy Star? She looks different.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

This is incredible

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
lol@GFW being able to afford Rey

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Bigass Moth posted:

Sexy Star's got all the stroke brother.

In fairness to Sexy, she vacated one of her Reina de Reinas due to pregnancy.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

coconono posted:

that's so hosed up it sounds like a work. Is that the same Sexy Star? She looks different.

Yes

Oh and I forgot to mention that Johnny holds all 3 of their major singles titles because they did some J crown deal at King of kings

So not only did they piss off their top woman wrestler, they have likely pissed off their top heel as well

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/Konnan5150/status/886790291230834688

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I'm highly skeptical of the idea that AAA ran a show.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

exploded mummy posted:

Yes

Oh and I forgot to mention that Johnny holds all 3 of their major singles titles because they did some J crown deal at King of kings

So not only did they piss off their top woman wrestler, they have likely pissed off their top heel as well

I just looked up the guy they want Johnny to drop the titles to and he's all of 18 years old. I"m going to assume that Psycho Clown, Dr Wagner Jr, and Texano Jr are either injured or gone from the company at this point.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Wiccan Wasteland posted:

I just looked up the guy they want Johnny to drop the titles to and he's all of 18 years old. I"m going to assume that Psycho Clown, Dr Wagner Jr, and Texano Jr are either injured or gone from the company at this point.

Psycho Clown and Dr Wagner Jr are building towards a mask vs mask apuestas match despite the fact that this match will likely never actually happen as the main event of Triplemania

MassRafTer posted:

I'm highly skeptical of the idea that AAA ran a show.

AAA runs shows but no one watches them. LU doesn't run shows and no one watches them either, so I can see how easy it is to get confused.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Jul 17, 2017

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Join the thread next month for when AAA runs Triplemania against Mayweather/McGregor

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

exploded mummy posted:

Join the thread next month for when AAA runs Triplemania against Mayweather/McGregor

finally the answer to which dumb fake sport Mexico prefers.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

exploded mummy posted:

Psycho Clown and Dr Wagner Jr are building towards a mask vs mask apuestas match despite the fact that this match will likely never actually happen as the main event of Triplemania

:laffo:

Also, yeah I dont see that match happening either.

thecubsfan posted:

The main event seemed on paper like it would be a match to show Wagner & Psycho are way above every one else. It didn’t turn out to be that at all. It was a frustratingly even match throughout. Everyone did a big move, everyone did a dive spot, everyone ripped someone’s mask and eveyrone’s got their mask ripped up. Usually all in turn, one after another, as if they were going around in a circle during a preschool match.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

konnan owns

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Noah gave up a New Japan alliance to join up with AAA and GFW lol

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I'm a huge NJPW mark, but tbf to NOAH they returned to independent operation after spending a couple years as a client fed. Can't blame them tho they're struggling even worse rn.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

SatoshiMiwa posted:

NJPW was the one to cut ties, and Noah had already been in a working relationship with all 3 of them simutaneously

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
It also only been 2 or 3 years years since GFW got Wrestle Kingdom onto US PPV.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

quote:

How did Sexy Star end up being this generation's Kevin Nash

Ghidzilla
May 12, 2009
I have a feeling this is going to seriously gently caress over Lucha Underground.

wagnike2
May 31, 2007

Lucha LaBOOM
The key is having sexy in your name obviously.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Ghidzilla posted:

I have a feeling this is going to seriously gently caress over Lucha Underground.

Well they deserve it since their ownership and creative staff are the ones who did this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

MassRafTer posted:

Well they deserve it since their ownership and creative staff are the ones who did this.

Plus they're going to basically alienate their current title holder and a few prior plus Rey Mysterio

So their title picture is gonna be Sexy Star vs Matanza