Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Great times

https://twitter.com/BulletClubItal/status/887025663739400194

https://twitter.com/BulletClubItal/status/887028097744334850

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Ad by Khad posted:

I have never seen Dean wrestle in any capacity, but I saw part of a shield promo once and he did alright.

He's probably better than Roman but I dunno, seems like all three of them turned out to not be great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMBJuiKM8P0

As a good reminder of the days when The Wyatts were cool and we loved all of the Shield.

Like Foochs, I dig Dean. Yeah, I started to get tired of his booking but really could say the same about Wyatt, Rusev and about everyone else on the roster. Guy is so drat good with his character and promos. He's still good... even if he has been coasting for a bit. Don't blame him for going the Randy route of half-assery as look at what he has been given. After the Seth feud that guy was positioned to be the next Stone Cold. People were going nuts over him. The audience still like the guy but he lost so much heat 100% due to WWE booking. Yeah he isn't AJ Styles level of ring technician but not everyone is. Stone Cold post injury wasn't at the mat skills level of Owen or Bret but HE HAD IT. Like Austin and Cactus Jack, Ambrose is a brawler.Also he had that intangible "IT" factor that many don't. He still has"IT" but it would require some effort on WWE's part to make him as big as he was and as he SHOULD be. He is the one guy around today that could pull out an old-school hardcore match and make it work. Moxley/Ambrose work best when motivated and the guy loves wrestling and getting bloody. If he had started wrestling in 89-91 he would have been an icon of the Attitude era. Still irritates me about Brock. I mean.... he didn't have to win but bringing out a rare hardcore match to throw off the Beast. Bloody him up and.... well we all said it years ago now. They could have run that match any of a thousand ways and both guys would have come out better but they did the ONE thing to kill his heat. Then off to Ziggler Brand Vaccum land. Shoulda, woulda, coulda. At least he isn't Wyatt. I just can't watch Bray Wyatt anymore. Sad as I still think he has the goods despite WH hate. Bray is just another talent wasted.

Seth is an ok promo. He's gotten better. He doesn't seem as spry as he was during the Shield days, probably due to injury, but still drat good in the ring. His problem is the same as both Dean and Roman: booking. Just different sides of the McCoin. Bringing Seth back post injury as a heel when people wanted face then as a tweener as he is now on top of programs that are... well I can't even remember who he has fought. Honestly I cannot recall. Roman? If he was the strong, silent type we would, in all probability, be cooling on him a little but we would still like the guy. Smark irritation and focus on all the negatives has been a result of the perception that he has been shoved down our throats. Whether you think this perception is exaggerated or accurate the fact is many have that perception is the problem. I used to work and occasionally see this awful turd nugget of a person that tried the "shut up and take it and tell me you like it" method when dealing with people. Most rightly loathed that creep. A few went along with it but most just said gently caress that guy and wouldn't listen to a thing he said. Even if it was something that should be listened to most people resisted any new information or a change in that relationship due to his abrasive introduction. Vince's push of Roman has rubbed some in that similar way. Most aren't willing to let it go after years of people told to shut up and take it. It's a bloody shame as he could have been a legit icon. Well the forced push and having him lose to Sheamus kinda hurt his momentum. But yeah, all three of the Shield guys are talented and cool. Hardly anyone really was always bad... except Ziggler as gently caress that dude.

Defiance Industries posted:

You could use a time machine to grab prime Stone Cold Steve Austin and Goldberg and have them work a program against The Rock and Hollywood Hogan, and if you put it on Raw it would still suck, so I don't think that's anything against The Miz.

You meant to say current Raw I think. Again, if Ambrose was in 97-98 WWF after a few years being wasted in WCW and blowing minds in ECW? He would have been gold. If he left ECW that is. I bet Ambrose would have loved to "retire" the Funks and fought Cactus to a rabid chair throwing crowd. Hell Raven versus Ambrose in Dreamer's place? Raven versus Moxley promo war with MIserilou in the background? Fighting peak Sabu and RVD? Jesus.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Is there actually any evidence its dixie carter or has the entire wrestling internet worked themselves into a shoot

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Von_Doom posted:

If he had started wrestling in 89-91 he would have been an icon of the Attitude era.
Dean was 4-6 years old during this time period

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

projecthalaxy posted:

Is there actually any evidence its dixie carter or has the entire wrestling internet worked themselves into a shoot HH

ftfy

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

projecthalaxy posted:

Is there actually any evidence its dixie carter or has the entire wrestling internet worked themselves into a shoot

The Dixie rumor is based on hope because if it's not her then it's Steph.

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

Eli Wiggum posted:

If they had put the belt on a six year old ratings would have gone through the roof

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

:thunk:

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
If WWE wants a real good outsiders angle why don't they just bring in the cast of New American Gladiators. Bring in Laila Ali (or Hulk, I guess) to hype up the roster and have them come in and actually be something new, they even had a good show that wasn't fuckin garbage TNA.

Gina Carano comes in riding on Hellga's shoulders and basically does what they wanted to do with Rousey anyway. Bring in Wolf to challenge that Corbin guy. Bring in Toa, who is literally the Rock's cousin, who comes in shittalking Roman Reigns about who really deserves the family crown. Bring in Rocket for the cruiserweights. I don't loving know, I don't get paid for my ideas. But a lot of those American Gladiators folks could cut a promo and were athletic and aren't the same poo poo you guys have been watching for years and years now.

HOWEVER! Just because he was on American Gladiators, do not - DO NOT - bring back Matt Morgan.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Everyone was Always Bad, especially the wrestler you like right now. Yes, that one.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

projecthalaxy posted:

Apparently Bischoff said this on his podcast:

quote:

Bischoff: Uhh, alright...I'm sure I'm going to be burning a bridge with this one, cause I'm not supposed to know about this. And hopefully, nobody gets into any trouble over this because leaks happen, right? But you remember the storyline with AJ and Claire?

Hausman: Oh my god, yeah. How could you forget?

Bischoff: WWE is ripping that off. Dixie is Claire and Kurt is AJ.

Hausman: Wow. So you're saying Dixie and Kurt have been having an affair? He's been cheating on his wife?

Bischoff: I'm saying the storyline, that everyone is alluding to, is shockingly familiar to AJ and Claire.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
God help us all.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

DO THE RIGHT THING KURT!!

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
What was the storyline between AJ and Claire besides the obvious?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Eli Wiggum posted:

What was the storyline between AJ and Claire besides the obvious?
That was it. The obvious.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

So in a couple weeks the fans are gonna run off Dixie because they found her acting history and that she plays Olive Oyl at a theme park?

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
Claire Lynch had 15 years of experience as an actress. She also had Christopher Daniels, Kazarian and AJ Styles to work with. She also had the good sense to get the gently caress out of the wrestling business once she'd had a good stare into the abyss.

Dixie Carter has none of these. Or really, any upside whatsoever.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Eli Wiggum posted:

Cane Dewey. A young Ambrose plays Dewey Foley. I was going with alternative universe Ambrose a little younger than Austin and Foley but now I like your option better. I imagine a young Ambrose would actually enjoy his own take on the Mass Transit moment.

edit: Have a good old promo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgyG68uEpVA

DogsInSpace! fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Jul 17, 2017

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Kurt's love interest should be Bayley, the announcement should be that they're going to share her first kiss. It could destroy his career because she's so much younger and it explains why he keeps giving her title matches even though she always loses. He's corrupt!

This also explains why Corey Graves has been befriending Bayley, he feels bad for both of them for being in this position. Tie every bad storyline up into one neat package.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

I hope dixie gets jarretts old theme.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
dean ambrose is bad

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

kurt angle should be in love with the Boss Baby

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Bill Goldberg posted:

dean ambrose is bad

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

Bill Goldberg posted:

dean ambrose is bad

Terry Funk is more mobile than Ambrose

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

YOU people are killing my good friend SamuraiFoochs!!

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

oldpainless posted:

YOU people are killing my good friend SamuraiFoochs!!

I still think he's cool Foochs. Just like you.
Also seconding Double Js theme for Dixie. Or Hulk Hogans. Or Horst Wiesel Leid. Or Brother Loves. Or the Union theme. I always liked that theme

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Give AJ's theme to Dixie

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Dixie needs a Monster Truck with a giant plexiglass copy of her own head on it instead of a limo

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

"Corey, if the WWE Universe finds out about my smelly dick and weird tiny balls...it could ruin me."

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

imagine preferring either stephanie or dixie carter show up tonight

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

imagine reaching a point where you feel confident you have a favorite among the two

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

That DICK! posted:

imagine reaching a point where you feel confident you have a favorite among the two

Nobody should want Dixie. Having spent way too long watching TNA I can tell you that there is no reason to want to see Dixie. We all may be tired of Steph but at least she has some arguable talent at doing a promo. Also Steph at least has more of a clue about the biz. That isn't necessarily props for Step as a every goon has more knowledge about the biz than Dixie. Paul E's cellphone, lying dead and forgotten in some pawn shops shelf, has more clue about wrestling than Dixie. Dixie also can't promo to save her life. Dixie is not believable at even being herself. She was the slow kid from a wealthy family who somehow managed to fail at every possible point of the business to such a degree that Mr Slapnuts beat her with some help from Nazis. The only person she beat was the token special kid Billy Corgan. Somehow the smashing pumpkins guy managed to fail harder in between talking about Lizard People with Alex Jones and crying himself silly at children's theme parks.

Oh dread lord Ctulhu... I want Steph?!?

edit: for mispelling the name of Tits N rear end

DogsInSpace! fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Jul 18, 2017

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Von_Doom posted:

Nobody should want Dixie.

I do. She's my ticket to plat. :v:

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
It'll be Ronda Rousey.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

It'll be both Steph and Dixie.

Think Steph is going to miss an opportunity to run down Dixie on television?

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
I'll take Dixie cause I fast forward through most WWE TV these days anyway so I don't care how bad she is. It'd be worth it to me for the crowd reaction at the moment she actually walks out.

I could do without ever seeing Steph again, in fast forward or normal speed.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

with Angle v. HHH being the planned match, Stephanie's getting involved one way or another. So you know, think on this

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/SashaBanksWWE/status/886994781011943425

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The merchandise they do is so weird.

Alexa used to wear that hand thing so they made gloves that mimic it, and now she just wears the gloves.

Sasha has signature glasses (which they already sell) so... more glasses I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

How do you even see out of those

• Locked thread