Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

TheDemon posted:

A fitting consequence for White's greed.

I honestly felt bad for him. He finally thought he got a shot and learned to be more humble and aware of his limitations, only to get shut down again in a clear demonstration of how little he is in comparison to the gods that are the Ten Family heads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.
I'm kind of curious about the order in which all of these things happened. In my imagination I had Enryu and the FoD happening a long time ago. I thought Gustang's turning on Zahard was because of what happened to Eurasia. Did Eurasia's insanity happen after the FoD or before? Were the Grands keeping things on lock before Gustang showed up and put in his support?

Just a lot of questions about what happened, when it happened, and why. If Gustang wasn't giving his support very early on then Zahard's forces still could've just busted in and stopped everything, as Evan said. So maybe Gustang's been against Zahard even longer than that?

If there's anything ToG is good for it's bringing up a ton of questions about the bits and pieces of lore it doles out.

Two Tone Shoes fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Jul 10, 2017

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
he probably worked against jahad after everything went down with Arlene

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

Jose posted:

he probably worked against jahad after everything went down with Arlene

Yeah but every ten family head sided with Zahard against Arlene, though the "unknown reason" might be the catch here. I wonder if Zahard threatened their immortality or whatnot. Again, lots of fun lore questions we won't have answers to for awhile. But if he was working against Zahard this whole time it seems odd to me that he'd play right into Zahard's little system, even so much so as losing his favored daughter.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
lol get hosed, Hoaqin

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Two Tone Shoes posted:

Yeah but every ten family head sided with Zahard against Arlene, though the "unknown reason" might be the catch here. I wonder if Zahard threatened their immortality or whatnot. Again, lots of fun lore questions we won't have answers to for awhile. But if he was working against Zahard this whole time it seems odd to me that he'd play right into Zahard's little system, even so much so as losing his favored daughter.

One of the few things we know about Zahard and the family leaders is that they all stopped acting like normal human beings a very very long time ago.

... they're really a lot like the World of Darkness Antediluvians in that way.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

They are immensely powerful immortal people. Planning for the extremely long game is all they have left. At least I hope so, I'd like to see some ancient plans set into motion between all the great families.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

I think to some degree it's just Gustang. Of all the information we have of the family heads, he's the most "all according to keikakku" anime smart guy of them all. Khun before Khun as it were.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I like that Poe casually acknowledged that Urek could destroy his entire Family if he wanted to. That speaks to a level of humility I wasn't expecting of any of the Ten Great Families.

Brownieftw
Nov 23, 2011

Fluff master
Is no one going to mention the giant croc in the last panel or so?

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

Brownieftw posted:

Seems like a pretty cool new character! Excited to see more from him.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

Brownieftw posted:

I did say the ending ruled.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Brownieftw posted:

Giant? No, I think that is his regular size, actually.

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

http://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-2-ep-258/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=339

Uhhh, I think I need somebody to explain to me what the "hidden floor" is supposed to be and what does it mean for Rak. Did he die and is this a snapshot of him in there or did he for some reason get teleported there, like wtf???

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Bernardo Orel posted:

http://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-2-ep-258/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=339

Uhhh, I think I need somebody to explain to me what the "hidden floor" is supposed to be and what does it mean for Rak. Did he die and is this a snapshot of him in there or did he for some reason get teleported there, like wtf???

I think that he may have died and be the data the hell train has on him yes. Although, given that master key it's possible they may be able to bring him as well as the item young jahad has out?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Gosh, young Jahad sure does have the same hair as Wangnan. :v:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Next up on ToG, "Ever see the movie Tron?"

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Sindai posted:

Gosh, young Jahad sure does have the same hair as Wangnan. :v:

doesn't have the horns though

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.
Getting a Greed Island vibe from this, personally.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Tipme posted:

I'm thinking it might be more like Holodeck and less like Tron/VR/etc. Also thinking, won't the train be leaving soonish? Are they gonna have time to board the train, reach the 'hidden floor', get the item/data/whatever, get back out, get the thorn, then re-board the train to move on? Or are we going to end up seeing another timeskip? It feels like the story's both picking up pace and about to reach another standstill while they go off on more sidequests.

Personally I'm just happy because we've finally started seeing some of the secrets of Baam's past revealed and how it relates to the tower.

khy fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Jul 17, 2017

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I predict that the "thing" that Poe wants to bring back from the hidden floor is actually a copy of his daughter. It is the only thing I can think of, taking into account what we know of him already, that he would care about enough to defy Jahad. He's probably been looking for a way to resurrect her for a while and is content for settling on a clone of her from when she was still a Regular. Also lol at Poe's description of Arlene and Baam's dad. Did every single male in the Ten Families have a crush on her?

EDIT: Also it makes me both happy and sad that Rak appears to have straight up died and we're seeing his data from the Hell Train stuck in that hidden floor. I mean, granted, he'll probably be rescued by Baam, but still.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Tipme posted:

On the hidden floor they have to play a trading card game using trading cards created from shinsoo.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Tipme posted:

I can only hope. Haven't they already played Dodgeball though?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Gologle posted:

EDIT: Also it makes me both happy and sad that Rak appears to have straight up died and we're seeing his data from the Hell Train stuck in that hidden floor. I mean, granted, he'll probably be rescued by Baam, but still.

No, he actually fell through a crack and into that floor. He'll get out when he finally admits he needs to team up with someone to beat the guardian, and the person he teams up with is Data Rak.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Gyges posted:

No, he actually fell through a crack and into that floor. He'll get out when he finally admits he needs to team up with someone to beat the guardian, and the person he teams up with is Data Rak.

But who would be the leader :confused:

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Shugojin posted:

But who would be the leader :confused:

Data Rak can only survive as a cybernetic implant in real Rak's head. They'll both be leader.

Arkanian
Sep 18, 2013

khy posted:

Also thinking, won't the train be leaving soonish? Are they gonna have time to board the train, reach the 'hidden floor', get the item/data/whatever, get back out, get the thorn, then re-board the train to move on? Or are we going to end up seeing another timeskip? It feels like the story's both picking up pace and about to reach another standstill while they go off on more sidequests.

Isn't the "Hidden Floor" on the train though?

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Arkanian posted:

Isn't the "Hidden Floor" on the train though?

AFAIK it is, which is why they need to board the train to get to it. What if the train leaves while they're there? The timing of all this feels weird.

Panzerschwein
May 8, 2009

sboobs
I always imagined that the 10 great warriors fought through a largely wild and untamed bunch of floors, but now we learn that the hell train predates them. I guess dozens of advanced civilizations could have come and gone before them. And clearly common travel between a large number of floors was established before them too.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Panzerschwein posted:

I always imagined that the 10 great warriors fought through a largely wild and untamed bunch of floors, but now we learn that the hell train predates them. I guess dozens of advanced civilizations could have come and gone before them. And clearly common travel between a large number of floors was established before them too.

I've always been under the impression people inhabited the tower long before the 10 family heads came, but that each floor was mostly isolated (which is still kinda the case, though there's some sort of central government now).

edit: It's basically like if the Tower was North America and then the 10 family heads were Europeans, only with mastery over shinsoo instead of smallpox.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

Panzerschwein posted:

The workshop predates the 13 warriors. They create all the cool gear and trains and regular area testing floors and stuff, presumably. I mean, it's not that weird. We know people lived in the tower long before Zahard ever came there so they're just some mad scientists who were already here.

New chapter, btw.

http://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-2-ep-259/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=340

Mostly just wrapping things up with a neat little bow.

I Love Annie May
Oct 10, 2012
Finally, the turtles are coming.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
I should reread this, I've forgotten almost everything that happened on the first few floors including why Rak is tiny most of the time.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

It's because he's easier to draw

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Two Tone Shoes posted:

The workshop predates the 13 warriors. They create all the cool gear and trains and regular area testing floors and stuff, presumably. I mean, it's not that weird. We know people lived in the tower long before Zahard ever came there so they're just some mad scientists who were already here.

New chapter, btw.

http://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-2-ep-259/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=340

Mostly just wrapping things up with a neat little bow.

I think the workshop also exists outside the Tower in some capacity, though I forget where I read that.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

Ytlaya posted:

I think the workshop also exists outside the Tower in some capacity, though I forget where I read that.

They've got their own little room that is technically part of the tower but is distinct from any other floor, iirc. It's like an addon to a house.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

urek is really good

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
"This is why I don't hang out with you" is the perfect response to generic villain monologue #6.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

I like that Urek seems to be betting that Joe will start wanting to leave again if he forgets about his failure :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Shugojin posted:

I like that Urek seems to be betting that Joe will start wanting to leave again if he forgets about his failure :3:

The way he was talking it seems like he was speaking from direct experience, although not necessarily direct experience with Joe.