Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

Sorry, I'm a little frustrated that the manual doesn't have this most basic of information...I bought this outdoor camera:

no where can I find the proper method to physically install it to the outside of my house. Note the large ethernet coupling. Am I supposed to drill a huge 1" hole through my wall to fit that thing through? I can't disconnect the cord at the camera. How much the wiring is safe to be outside? If anyone can help, thanks :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

nm, after much searching i found a video on youtube showing how to use an enclosure box. be nice if the manufacturer made just a teeny bit of effort here

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

beatlegs posted:

nm, after much searching i found a video on youtube showing how to use an enclosure box. be nice if the manufacturer made just a teeny bit of effort here

Yea typically youd want a POE camera so you dont have to drill a giant loving hole. Then the power travels via the ethernet cable which only requires a hole big enough for the wire itself.

• Locked thread