Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

MonsieurChoc posted:

It turns out Angra is actually good at killing ridiculously specific enemies, like those with crazy defense buff.

Double Merlin + Angra took care of super crab.

Can't you use Servants with Def-ignoring NPs instead? Like Nero, off the top of my head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I read somewhere that he's really good against beast enemies.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.

Pureauthor posted:

Can't you use Servants with Def-ignoring NPs instead? Like Nero, off the top of my head.

NOPE

Not in this specific case.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

I finally saved up 30 free saint quartzes and spent them hoping for Gilgamesh.... and got Arthuria Pendragon instead. :aaaaa:

Jeff Goldblum
Dec 3, 2009

I feel a fool for having used my free 4* on Herc. Sure, he's big and bad and got me through Orleans without a scratch, but I'm quickly learning that my Waver's skills are wasted on his single target NP. Some have touted Kiyohime as being the better Berserker for having an AoE NP, are there any others that I should be keeping an eye out for in case I don't get Emiya or Gil in the next few days?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Jeff Goldblum posted:

I feel a fool for having used my free 4* on Herc. Sure, he's big and bad and got me through Orleans without a scratch, but I'm quickly learning that my Waver's skills are wasted on his single target NP. Some have touted Kiyohime as being the better Berserker for having an AoE NP, are there any others that I should be keeping an eye out for in case I don't get Emiya or Gil in the next few days?

Lancelot if you get obscenely lucky, but - okay. I really like Darius? He has a good burst NP that I like watching with the skeleton rush.

(I'm still in France so I have no idea how well he holds up later in the game)

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Jeff Goldblum posted:

Conventional wisdom seems to be that AoE NPs aren't that good, I thought.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Nate RFB posted:

They clear trash mobs pretty darn fast and Lancelot's makes a lot of critical stars! :D

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

What are my options if I want to play this from New Zealand? It seems like the English release was specifically US-only.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009

Bloody Pom posted:

What are my options if I want to play this from New Zealand? It seems like the English release was specifically US-only.

Download the game from via qooapp, another android app. Alternatively find some place where the apk has been uploaded and download it from there.

If you're Apple ... I guess you could make a US iTunes account? (don't use Apple, so I'm just speculating)

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

So, if I save my summon tickets, they'll work on then next gatcha event, right? Will it be worth saving for the next gatcha event?

Edit: never mind. I just noticed they're good for one summon, not 10 like I thought. The real question is, should I save my quartz?

FAT BATMAN fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Jul 17, 2017

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

FAT BATMAN posted:

So, if I save my summon tickets, they'll work on then next gatcha event, right? Will it be worth saving for the next gatcha event?

Yes, tickets don't expire, so you can save them for as long as you like. As for whether or not the next rate-up/event is worth, that depends on your tastes. Most likely we're next going to get the Nero Festival event sometime after Gilgamesh, which has Altera/Attila the Hun and Nero as part of the rate-up.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Fun fact: 99% NP bar automatically rolls up to 100%. Use it to cheese encounters.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Was able to get hold of the US APK, I really don't understand why mobile software has to be such a pain in the rear end to find.

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS
I used my 4 star ticket on Herc then did a random 10 roll and got two lancelots, would a waver/herc/lanc team be too squishy? As of right now I feel like I wasted my 4 star ticket(tho I already have 2xEmiya)

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Bloody Pom posted:

Was able to get hold of the US APK, I really don't understand why mobile software has to be such a pain in the rear end to find.

Probably entirely to do with publishing and copyright and licenses or whatever, since FGO is based on a well established series. PAD is still unavailable in the Australian play store though, five years after it was released.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Nate RFB posted:

AoE NPs are good for clearing waves of trash and farming XP hands, but that's about it. All they really do is save you a few seconds- stony single target damage like Herb can tear through trash just fine.

Usually, what you'll get stuck on are the single enemies that have hundreds of thousands or millions of HP. With that much HP you can't kill them before they reach full charge, making them a lot more dangerous.

Basically, AoE NPs are a quality of life increase, but single target is much more useful when you challenge a difficult stage and make progress through the story or an event.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
AoE NPs with a debuff effect can be nice, I think? I've only the easy NA content to date to go on but something like Martha's NP which can clear out the trash mobs alongside a boss and drop the boss's DEF at the same time still feels pretty useful.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Eventually, killing the adds become a bad idea, as their attacks hit for less than the Boss and the enemies have three actions shared.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
That's a weird system.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
The context for "AoE NP aren't that good" is usually 5* units and under the logic that a 5* is bad if a 3* or 4* would perform just as well if not better. But, that generally means that every NP1 5* is bad, not just the AoE ones since we get strong single target NP5 4* for free. Just use the stuff you like and figure out what support they need to win, even if they're AoE in a fight where single target would be better.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Units are generally judged by other units of the same rarity.

So if a 5 star is "bad" that's just compared to other 5 stars. If it's your only one then use it .

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Short answer: use who you like, it doesn't matter

Long answer: use who you like, it doesn't matter because you have Waver

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

NRVNQSR posted:

That's a weird system.

I learned that very quickly in Gaul. I rather get smacked in the face by golems than by Caesar.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
why don't you just use people's lancelot if you want him? Honestly I have a lancelot and he explodes too easily for me.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Tired Moritz posted:

why don't you just use people's lancelot if you want him? Honestly I have a lancelot and he explodes too easily for me.
Yeah I find 50 Lancelot to be too fragile for even the 40AP, he dies in the second round usually because he doesn't have a dodge.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
Accrued 30 quartzes one last time, still no Gilgamesh. Did get a Lancelot and a Weird Sleeve Sakura CE at least.

I've been waiting until the end of the rateup before using my free 4* servant ticket. Right now I have Lancelot, Martha, Altria, Vlad and Waver as my gold servants. Do I really want Heracles still when I already have two really good Berserkers? (Then again, on my first account I did enjoy running Lancelot and Heracles together, so maybe a triple Berserker team would be fun.)

I'm leaning towards either getting Emiya to have a good Archer or Elisabeth to get what sounds like the only decent 4* Lancer for a very long time. Any thoughts?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
For what it's worth, I've found Vlad in the supports is just about as good as my Herc if only because he's got so much HP he's usually able to survive the waves pretty well.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

You guys have no idea how fun it is to blow up Arash over and over again.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Kaleidelot is a total beast for speed running AP40s for me, he OTKs the first round with his NP and generates enough stars to kill at least one gold hand in the next round (making him much more survivable, though it doesn't matter if he dies since he has done his job), then I Altera NP the last wave. So what I'm saying is he is really good if you have two Kaleidoscopes and Attila and Waver like me :v:

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I used Lancelot once and he got oneshot'd in the first round and I cried a bit.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Now the few times I've managed to get Lancelot to round 3, Knight of Honor has been able to nuke all three gold hands at once, and that's always fun.

Psiwri
Mar 8, 2012

"The Foecast today calls for dark clouds, booming thunder and F.O.E.s everywhere!"
Want to use squishy zerkers to smash everything to bits? Leonidas is your friend.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Day 22: I finally pulled my first loving rider of the game. Thank you Georgios

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I just chain run 40APs with my NP3 lancelot with Imaginary Element and someone on my friends list's NP4 lancelot with limit broken Kaleido.

Waver gets mine to 100NP and the first two waves disappear, and the third wave goes down in one turn with two lancelots with 100% crit rate attacking. Doesn't even matter what the class is.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Wuxi posted:

Day 22: I finally pulled my first loving rider of the game. Thank you Georgios
George is honestly amazingly useful. Throw a defense-boosting CE on him and level/ascend him a bit, congrats your team is effectively invincible for 3 turns.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Man, i really wish I had read the OP before continuing to reroll for a 5*. Had a double 4* Emiya 4* Heracles. I'm doing it raw on a phone cause i havent had a PC hooked up in years and typically in sane gatcha rate game starts ill pop something 10 tries in, but here?
3 days worth of cigarettes, so about 40 tries, nothing. I'm going at it now out of stubbornness I guess.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

OxMan posted:

Man, i really wish I had read the OP before continuing to reroll for a 5*. Had a double 4* Emiya 4* Heracles. I'm doing it raw on a phone cause i havent had a PC hooked up in years and typically in sane gatcha rate game starts ill pop something 10 tries in, but here?
3 days worth of cigarettes, so about 40 tries, nothing. I'm going at it now out of stubbornness I guess.

That sounds awful. I have a couple accounts left laying around from my rerolls. If you want one, the best is probably Waver/D'eon/Lancelot.

Also have
Altera/Carmilla/Seigfried
Waver/Martha
Altera/Carmilla/Heaven's Feel

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
Yeah, kaleidoscope Lancelot is my preferred third for dailies, I don't usually have a problem with him surviving. Remember you have a heal and a dodge which can stretch him out a little longer if needed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Televisio Frankus
Jun 8, 2010

Nate RFB posted:

George is honestly amazingly useful. Throw a defense-boosting CE on him and level/ascend him a bit, congrats your team is effectively invincible for 3 turns.

He's durable enough that even at like 35 with a level 1 Iron-Willed Training, he can face tank the entirety of the 40 AP daily with maybe one master skill heal in between taunts. I've been running George/Vlad or TamaCat/someone's Saber Alter with Kaleido and it does work. I just recently got Lancelot and still need to level and ascend him, but he'll probably replace TamaCat and Vlad for farming.