Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

s.i.r.e. posted:

I.... have no good reason I can think of. I wonder why they didn't bother.

Probably to distance themselves further from the Wii and Wii U experiences.

I hope the eventual themes will at least support music like on 3DS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Looking forward to splatting Infinitum on friday

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Anidav posted:

:same:

I pretty much am taking the entire weekend to binge. We'll get a good goon room going I'm sure.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Saw the chat about XBX and I have to weigh in.

I put 100 hours into the original Xenoblade and completed it almost 100%. I put over 100 hours into XBX and I'm still on the chapter where you get the flying skell. I did love running around the world, and the on foot combat is good, and I like some of the music but I didn't like the character designs, or the overall story, or the way the game is structured.

It has its moments though, like how some side quests deal with the problems that arise when 7 or 8 different alien races all have to live in one city. But that stuff is all on the side, the main story is kinda lame.

Hopefully Xenoblade 2 is better. It at least looks like they're going back to Xenoblade 1 style.

edit: also I bought Brink for $60.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

this isn't Switch related but the newest Wii U update indicates they're shutting down Miiverse.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Cashed in my jar o' coins and pre-ordered Splatoon 2 with it, like hell I'm eating the 10% coinstar usage fee give me the gift card :colbert:

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
I'm kinda amazed that free to play games haven't tried getting on consoles.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

TFRazorsaw posted:

this isn't Switch related but the newest Wii U update indicates they're shutting down Miiverse.

Now that spla2n has one built-in, what would you use it for anymore anyways :v:

Dizz posted:

I don't know what it's like now, but if it's still like it was a couple years ago, getting games onto a console is literally exponentially more expensive than it is to get one on Steam or iOS/Android, even for pure digital releases.

And that's before any per-console restrictions on/cuts of in-app purchases.

Ursine Catastrophe fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Jul 18, 2017

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Dizz posted:

There's a ton of F2P games on consoles now. I just checked the PSN store website and PS4's F2P option has 50 different games.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Policenaut posted:

There's a ton of F2P games on consoles now. I just checked the PSN store website and PS4's F2P option has 50 different games.

There's been a few on Nintendo consoles too. Those 3 Pokémon games on 3DS come to mind.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

s.i.r.e. posted:

:smith:

I mean, doesn't matter since it's region free but what're the chances of having all of the text translated to English in-game out the box?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

SEGA has long since given up on English gamers WRT PSO2.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
It was like the 5 years ago to the day in the last week or so that the announcement for a localization for PSO2.

Edit: July 9th, 2012

8-bit Miniboss fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Jul 18, 2017

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Drunk Tomato posted:

WTF, its maple walnut you heathen

I don't eat trash nuts.

A walnut is a pecan that's stale even when freshly shelled.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Anidav posted:

http://i.imgur.com/rTxjIXO.mp4

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Who's ready for lovely HACKY SACK?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEVSlDACWsM

That not get the juices flowin'?

Den hows aboots TOTALLY NOT STOLEN SPELUNKY ASSETS: THE GAME?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yjxBDFLH88

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Dizz posted:

There's lots of free to play games on consoles. Some of the biggest are Warframe, World of Tanks, and Neverwinter. Marvel Heroes Omega has just come out too.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
In a lapse of judgement, I lost my Korok seed info on the interactive map I was using when I formatted my PC.

Dunno if I want to re-scan the map for the 655 seeds I collected.

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005

s.i.r.e. posted:

I.... have no good reason I can think of. I wonder why they didn't bother.

The only reason I can think of is that they saw this mashup https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYOEyzBFYa4 and realized it couldn't be topped and gave up.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
A cute article about a kid playing Zelda https://www.kotaku.com.au/2017/07/my-son-has-ruined-zelda-breath-of-the-wild/

ovenboy
Nov 16, 2014

Besides Snipperclips and Mario Kart, what are the best games for couch co-op right now? I really want that Nine Parchments game...!

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005

I read that, thought it was cute. Then for shits and giggles read the comments section. Got lost in the comments for almost an hour, its so entertaining to read how much people suck at being people.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

ovenboy posted:

Besides Snipperclips and Mario Kart, what are the best games for couch co-op right now? I really want that Nine Parchments game...!

Bomberman has a co-op adventure mode. Blaster Master Zero has a copilot mode. Shovel Knight you can co-op. Minecraft of course.

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005
So I have a 20 hour trip today. What game?
Are all these new games shovelware or did something decent come out? How creepy is the teenage bikini poo poo in shantae? Is the game good despite jailbaitboobs?

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Zelda, Isaac, and maybe like Mario Kart are the only games that will last that long

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005
Well I have a 1 1/2 year old and a wife with me, so it's not like a 20 hour stretch of games. Probably a nice little 5 or so hour window on the long flight for games.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

EpicNemesis posted:

Are all these new games shovelware or did something decent come out? How creepy is the teenage bikini poo poo in shantae? Is the game good despite jailbaitboobs?

Not really creepy at all. I thought it was before but I was confusing it with another game in the series, Pirate's Curse. 1/2 Genie Hero cheesecake goes about as far as a Saturday morning cartoon import. There's a mermaid giant boss with big boobs, that's about the extent of it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Pirates Curse is no worse in that regard than 1/2 Genie Hero though? It might be better since there's no huge booby boss.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

You wouldn't be complaining if there were big dongs.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

EpicNemesis posted:

why are you so angry about everything

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

Pirates Curse is no worse in that regard than 1/2 Genie Hero though? It might be better since there's no huge booby boss.

Pirates curse was the one where 3d mode on the 3ds made all the tits pop out right

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

lol I forgot about that

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Shantae games (as games) are good.

The tongue in cheek gratuitous boobery will amuse some, bother others, and trigger virtue signaling in still others. It's whatever.

Edit: I'm not sure I'd play it on a bus or in front of my mom or whatever because it's p. skeevy at first glance, but it's a good game is what I'm saying

The Bloop fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Jul 18, 2017

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Pirates curse is full of stuff like an entire section where the entire cast is put in lingerie with lots of dialogue so you see the zoomed in art as much as possible, puzzles where you have to cover young bikini girls in water so their shiny bodies open up a secret passage, every character making constant double entendre at every other character.

1/2 Genie Hero is more or less completely chaste. One guy character drools over an npc in the first five minutes. The attire of Shantae is her standard kind of Barbara Eden genie garb, and said mermaid boss is not out of the norm for every mermaid ever. Probably tamer than a mermaid you'd find in, say, Castlevania. The core of the game is turning into cute animals to reach new areas.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

You actually cover them in monster drool, they just think it's water.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Horniness and platformers just don't mix

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

I tried to use BOTW to win brownie points with my girlfriend's four year old, and it worked, but it's pretty much this article. I only let her play if I'm watching her and don't mind when she wastes arrows and stuff. At least she sucks at using the menus and can't select past save files :lol: sucks for that guy

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005

Takoluka posted:

why are you so angry about everything

It's an act. That's what I keep telling myself.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Zelder posted:

Horniness and platformers just don't mix

Works for me

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

Works for me

Well the great state of Maryland and your parole officer disagree

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

EpicNemesis posted:

Just accept the booby platformer.

Otherwise just play Zelda.

• Locked thread