Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I like Marina's light up shorts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

what are the callie and marie amiibo going to do in this game? like the other ones i assume grant you the outfits you could earn in splatoon 1, and the new ones must be entirely new outfits, but are they going to add something to callie and marie's amiibos or is it just going to let you summon them to dance again? because that would be super weird considering the story this time

Mongoose
Jul 7, 2005
If anyone is having trouble wrapping their head around the motion controls these links really helped me:

Diagram of how to hold the controller
How to use motion controls properly video

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Mongoose posted:

If anyone is having trouble wrapping their head around the motion controls these links really helped me:

Diagram of how to hold the controller
How to use motion controls properly video

I was about to say that if they emulated how pointing the wiimote at the screen controlled aim on the Wii it would have been the best case scenario, but the way that guy resets it it basically accomplishes the same thing. I'll definitely be trying this out

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Kelp Plankton posted:

what are the callie and marie amiibo going to do in this game? like the other ones i assume grant you the outfits you could earn in splatoon 1, and the new ones must be entirely new outfits, but are they going to add something to callie and marie's amiibos or is it just going to let you summon them to dance again? because that would be super weird considering the story this time

Maybe it's holo Callie until you rescue her in the single player?

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Guy Goodbody posted:

I like Marina's light up shorts

I couldn't tell if Pearl had this too, but I think her skirt is just sort of reflective.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Kelp Plankton posted:

Apparently the Callie & Marie amiibo functionality is one of the things under wraps until release. :tinfoil:

Speaking of which, I have to admit that I wasn't too sold on the new idols originally... until I heard the Splatfest stage theme. That's where I really "got" their sound, and I'm a fan now. That they appear, from ~spoilz~, to have more than two songs total in their repertoire at launch helps.

I also like that there's some clear "octoling" (i.e. synth-techno) influence in their music, which is a nice touch.

Also I'll admit I was a little :raise: at the NA approach to Marina, especially since her shyness seems like it might be plot-relevant, but I actually trust the NoA guys to do her right (since I know a number of those nerds).

DalaranJ posted:

I couldn't tell if Pearl had this too, but I think her skirt is just sort of reflective.

Nah, if you watch the splatfest performance, it's clearly light-up in the same way. It's just harder to tell because her outfit is already white :v:

Also, it seems the game will be going live on the eShop at 12AM Eastern on Friday? Excellent, that means I get to play it on Thursday, hopefully, unless the eShop crashes.

The Manticore
Aug 23, 2008

Did you mean to make that post, or were you just pushing keys at random?
What's everyone's favorite sub weapon at the moment? I really like putting Sprinklers in stupid places.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

The Manticore posted:

What's everyone's favorite sub weapon at the moment? I really like putting Sprinklers in stupid places.

Splat Bombs have proved to be so useful. I savor them.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I loved throwing sprinklers right behind enemies so they would either get their retreat cut off or be forced to deal with the sprinkler and make themselves easier targets for my team. Throwing them on the underside of the moving platform on the oil rig wasn't that effective though.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm a roller noob so I spammed those puck mines everywhere.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

I don't like it. What irritates me is how paint-by-numbers the faces look. There's no personality in them. They're just... meh. :geno:

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Rexroom posted:

I don't like it. What irritates me is how paint-by-numbers the faces look. There's no personality in them. They're just... meh. :geno:

They are pop idols.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I don't know how it'll be with this game but in general, NOE's English script tends to stick closer to the original than NOA's, so if anyone's genuinely upset, go ahead and A/B them once the game's out.

Zaphod42 posted:

"sexy DJ appearance" lmao what the gently caress :goonsay:

Her Japanese description literally includes the phrase "sexy DJ".

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Oh so Splatoon and LISA take place in the same apocalypse?

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

I've think the more I'm least excited for is Turf War. I still really enjoyed the Splatfest but Single Player, Horde and Ranked Modes are going to be rad.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Is the Strength Up ability returning?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

I don't know how it'll be with this game but in general, NOE's English script tends to stick closer to the original than NOA's, so if anyone's genuinely upset, go ahead and A/B them once the game's out.
Didn't Nintendo close their European localisation branch at one point? I think NoE just outsources their work nowadays.

I'm carefully optimistic the British English Pearl and Marina will be more... British in their behaviour.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Is the Strength Up ability returning?

No.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I'm torn on this. I mean, it's good for the game that chargers don't have a near instant kill anymore, but I'm also selfish and want it.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Rexroom posted:

Didn't Nintendo close their European localisation branch at one point? I think NoE just outsources their work nowadays.

I'm carefully optimistic the British English Pearl and Marina will be more... British in their behaviour.

They do but that was a few years ago now and it hasn't changed their approach.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpENZPZiNpE

I really love the Brella's firing animation. I hope it doesn't change too much before release.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I really love the Brella's firing animation. I hope it doesn't change too much before release.

It's the first true shotgun we've ever had. I can't wait.

Also it looks like folks in Europe are starting to get their hands on early copies. Prepare for some Real Spoilers here in the next 24 hours, tops, I suspect.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I already saw a blurry phone pic of the final boss(?) too late

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Jonas Albrecht posted:

My prayers have been answered

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Squid Beats 2

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

lmao i was just playing hero mode on splatoon 1 for old times sake and just to enjoy the scenery when marie chimes in

DDDD:

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Why did you need all those Power Egg?

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

bandaid.friend posted:

I took tons of pictures of Pearl but my PC corrupted the microsd somehow

EB Games has a whole lot of Splatoon garbage including the Pearl cap from the game cover https://ebgames.com.au/loot-231911-Splatoon-2---Inkling-Trucker-Hat-Loot

Thinkgeek also has the white tank she's wearing too if you want to maximize your trucker red neck squid look

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Man I don't know any of these shops that are dumb/lazy/broke and send out stuff early. :(

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Jarogue posted:

To upgrade weapons in hero mode.

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

Jarogue posted:

ive also got 999999p inked on four weapons and 9999999 squid bux, i f'in love 9s

im not S+ 99 tho, my only regrets X<<<<

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Smiles posted:

lmao i was just playing hero mode on splatoon 1 for old times sake and just to enjoy the scenery when marie chimes in

DDDD:

I'm so glad the switch has a screenshot button.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I'm torn on this. I mean, it's good for the game that chargers don't have a near instant kill anymore, but I'm also selfish and want it.

Attack and defense were both really boring choices that only existed to cancel each other out, and the weird minimum/maximum ink hits thing really made it feel like they were having trouble balancing them anyway. I'm glad that they're gone.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
There's still a bomb defense ability, it'll be interesting to see what it's capable of

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Internet Kraken posted:

Oh so Splatoon and LISA take place in the same apocalypse?

IN THIS WORLD, IT'S KRILL OR BE KRILLED

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Rexroom posted:

Keep a stiff upper beak, old squid.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

spit on my clit posted:

IN THIS WORLD, IT'S KRILL OR BE KRILLED

wrong game.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

No more strength/def up is the best thing I've heard about a game that has done nothing but make me happy. Hopefully what I noticed in the testfire about the system trying to find more regional players will continue cause gently caress am I sick of being hit by JPN players who have a .5s latency advantage on me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Reviews are up.

quote:

Even more frustrating: You can’t queue with a team of fewer than four players.

PISS