Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

LethalGeek posted:

Nah they're right.
This is because reviewers are bad idiots 99% of the time.

Waaah, someone has a different opinion about a video game than me, I have to use moron buzzwords

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Virtpoo piss gargling

But seriously accusing someone of virtue signaling is dumb as hell because it presumes you know for a fact that another person is insincere in their intentions (unlike you, the person laying the judgement upon them). Don't start that mess in here

Zelder fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Jul 18, 2017

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I bet SuperHot would be pretty rad if they found a way to make the Joycon's motion controls work in the context of whipping pistols at people.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

Phantasium posted:

You don't get charged for preorders on Amazon until they ship, and the longer you have it on preorder the greater the chance that if it goes down in price at any point you get the lowest price (since Amazon automatically lowers your order total if the item gets discounted between when you order and when it releases).

Oh sweet. I never pre-ordered from Amazon, so this is good to know.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Is the switch still good I haven't turned it on in two months.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Splatoon, the game that notoriously doesn't need voice comms, but we want it anyway.

I hope the mobile app doesn't suck so that our goon rooms don't need to set up like 50 voice channels in the Nintengoons discord.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Beastie posted:

I bet SuperHot would be pretty rad if they found a way to make the Joycon's motion controls work in the context of whipping pistols at people.

SuperHot would be an amazing Switch game

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Superhot took a year to come to PS4 so please enjoy Superhot on the eshop in 2018

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Watch out guys we have a detective ITT

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Zelder posted:

But seriously accusing someone of virtue signaling is dumb as hell because it presumes you know for a fact that another person is insincere in their intentions (unlike you, the person laying the judgement upon them). Don't start that mess in here
That would indeed be dumb. But making a general statement that some people are going to hand wring on the internet over something they privately enjoy but wish to be seen to publicly denounce shouldn't be controversial. It might also not always be very helpful to point out, admittedly, but it definitely happens. Call it what you want.

Here is a true and sincere statement: I am very excited for the official release of Splatoon 2.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Niddhogg 2 should really be on the switch

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
In regards to any discussion of 'virtue signalling':

Zelder posted:

...Don't start that mess in here

Please.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
I'm wondering if the eShop doesn't have music because when you go to the eShop maybe it's really just sending you to a browser

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
never listen to game critics that do not have an interest in the genre of game they play. if you get a guy who has never been a fan of side scrolling beat-em-ups to play Double Dragon Neon, chances are he's not going to like it, and will not give it a good review. Give a harvest moon fan stardew valley, and they'll spam the switch thread with "STARDEW WHEN"

what im trying to say is, for the love of poo poo please port Blazblue x persona 4 arena to the switch i need it

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

whaley posted:

I'm wondering if the eShop doesn't have music because when you go to the eShop maybe it's really just sending you to a browser

You can run music in a browser

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Improbable Lobster posted:

Waaah, someone has a different opinion about a video game than me, I have to use moron buzzwords

Do you read video game reviews? I don't. I haven't in...a decade? I don't because they're generally really bad at their jobs like most everything to do with game writing.

Edit: Cept Yahtzee when I randomly see it pop up on Youtube cause listening to him take the piss out of things makes me laugh and I can roll my eyes at his grumpy rear end.

LethalGeek fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Jul 18, 2017

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

spit on my clit posted:

never listen to game critics that do not have an interest in the genre of game they play. if you get a guy who has never been a fan of side scrolling beat-em-ups to play Double Dragon Neon, chances are he's not going to like it, and will not give it a good review. Give a harvest moon fan stardew valley, and they'll spam the switch thread with "STARDEW WHEN"

what im trying to say is, for the love of poo poo please port Blazblue x persona 4 arena to the switch i need it

Oh please yes. It might actually happen too, aside from 'a Blazblue' being confirmed, Mori seems pretty excited for the Switch. I hope Centralfiction comes first though.

edit: Continuum Shift 2 was surprisingly good on the 3DS. I mean the controls for it sucked since all fighters are hard to play on the 3DS, but that didn't keep abyss mode from being fun.

THE FUCKING MOON fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Jul 18, 2017

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT

Al Borland Corp. posted:

You can run music in a browser

That's right but maybe what they have doesn't support iframes or something and it would have to re-start the song every time you changed pages. Just a wild guess

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Infinitum posted:

Fuckin foight me this Friday if you don't believe Pearl is Best Squid

I'll fuckin munt ya

Pearl might be bet squid, but Marina is best octopus

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Well I can tell you it's going to get bad reviews. Every reviewer has made it clear how much they hate the idea of the mobile app and I think it'll knock a full two or three points off on average.

Most of the reviews so far are pretty good.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

EpicNemesis posted:

The only reason I can think of is that they saw this mashup https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYOEyzBFYa4 and realized it couldn't be topped and gave up.

Holy poo poo, loooool

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I have written a song for this thread ahem

*strums guitar once* the Switch is good

Thank you

Also D.Va and Pearl would be friends

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Thank you

thats a good song

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Thank you

I vote this song for thread theme song

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

a.lo posted:

Are Pro controllers cheaper yet

3rd party controllers are coming out and are cheap.

https://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Switch-HORIPAD-Controller-Officially-Licensed/dp/B01NAUATSM

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Love everything about it cept that ugly rear end d-pad

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Wired though

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Finally a controller to give to the person you hate that then in rage tugs it so hard it causes your dock to go flying and scratch your switch up

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

GreenNight posted:

Wired though

It also doesn't have motion, NFC or rumble.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

How long have we been able to control volume through the quick home menu? I don't recall being able to do that

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Dr. VooDoo posted:

How long have we been able to control volume through the quick home menu? I don't recall being able to do that

The last system updates added it. It's pretty handy for when I'm playing docked with headphones.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I really hope streets of rage 2 comes to whatever the VC eventually is. The 3ds currently has the definitive version but I don't want to fire up my 3ds when I could use my Switch instead.

Beve Stuscemi fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Jul 18, 2017

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Looks like the reviews of Splatoon 2 can be summed up as "more of the same, but with improvements" - which is pretty much what I expected. If it works, why break it?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Works for me since I never bothered with 1 because Wii U, which I imagine will be the case for plenty of people.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

I know a lot of people who were sold on Splatoon even as early as the first E3 showing, but were not sold on the Wiiu

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Rexroom posted:

Looks like the reviews of Splatoon 2 can be summed up as "more of the same, but with improvements" - which is pretty much what I expected. If it works, why break it?

Yeah, the scores seem good but not amazing, but the summary of "it is Splatoon with QOL improvements and a co-op mode" is pretty much all I need to see.

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

ASK ME ABOUT BEING A GROWNUP WHO FUCKS A REAL DOLL
Never played S1 but just got a Switch and so this is perfect for me.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Being able to play the game portably is a pretty big jump.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

VideoGames posted:

In regards to any discussion of 'virtue signalling':

Please.

I've truly lost touch with my first love The Internet because I've got no fuckin' clue what this or "Loss" is, and I'm still not 100% that "mfw" and "tfw" stand for "my face when" and "that feeling when" respectively. I refuse to google any of this because I legitimately believe that google is attempting to dominate everyone's souls within the next 20 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president

SeANMcBAY posted:

Being able to play the game portably is a pretty big jump.

why? the meat of the game is online multiplayer

• Locked thread