Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
I'd say the more noticeable thing we have in the office are the nerf guns. We have them spread out everywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

littleorv posted:

If I didn't leech off my parents by living with them I would totally own anime figs.

I do both dude.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

littleorv posted:

If I didn't leech off my parents by living with them I would totally own anime figs.

weak man who cannot do both

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Also, I hope everybody is having a nice tuesday! I don't know if anybody is doing anything today, but hopefully your day goes smoothly. I don't have much going on today, gotta take out trash for trash night but that's about it. I finished up King Dugan's Dungeon in DROD, now I just have to go back and complete all the secret rooms. I feel like I missed something though because when I finished the game, all that happened was I got a credits scroll talking about the remake process and thanking everybody, no actual epilogue or anything talking about what happened. Weird. Hopefully whatever I unlock by clearing all of the secret rooms will rectify that.

So hey, what's everybody up to?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Where are the Golden Girls Nendroids

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

FirstAidKite posted:

Also, I hope everybody is having a nice tuesday! I don't know if anybody is doing anything today, but hopefully your day goes smoothly. I don't have much going on today, gotta take out trash for trash night but that's about it. I finished up King Dugan's Dungeon in DROD, now I just have to go back and complete all the secret rooms. I feel like I missed something though because when I finished the game, all that happened was I got a credits scroll talking about the remake process and thanking everybody, no actual epilogue or anything talking about what happened. Weird. Hopefully whatever I unlock by clearing all of the secret rooms will rectify that.

So hey, what's everybody up to?

Waiting in my empty room for 3 more days.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

In Training posted:

Whatcha waiting for?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Parents infantilizing their children into adulthood, who then in turn fill their rooms with little humanoid figurines as trophies of their infertility. It's like poetry.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

FirstAidKite posted:

Whatcha waiting for?

Splatoon 2!!

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

In Training posted:

Please buy me Splatoon 2 for my birthday on the day of July 21st

Which is my birthday

and is also the day Splatoon 2 comes out.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Oh yeah, splatoon 2 is soon.
I hope the destiny 2 beta doesn't have server issues :v:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

In Training posted:

Splatoon 2!!

Cool!

KCB is hoping that with her new job and resulting pay-increase that she'll be able to buy a switch sometime soon. I mean, first we're gonna make sure our bills and personal loans from friends are all paid in full but then we can look into getting a switch, maybe.

For people who own a switch, is it backwards compatible with the Wii U? If so, how does it play Wii U titles, can you take the switch pad out and it'll function like a wii u gamepad or would you need to hook a wii u gamepad up to it? Can you transfer save data over? Basically I'm wondering if we're going to need to keep all of the wii u stuff set up as well if we want to play wii u games. Mostly hyrule warriors, super mario 3D world, lego avengers, and some skylanders stuff we have because KCB and I love co-op games.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

FirstAidKite posted:

Cool!

KCB is hoping that with her new job and resulting pay-increase that she'll be able to buy a switch sometime soon. I mean, first we're gonna make sure our bills and personal loans from friends are all paid in full but then we can look into getting a switch, maybe.

For people who own a switch, is it backwards compatible with the Wii U? If so, how does it play Wii U titles, can you take the switch pad out and it'll function like a wii u gamepad or would you need to hook a wii u gamepad up to it? Can you transfer save data over? Basically I'm wondering if we're going to need to keep all of the wii u stuff set up as well if we want to play wii u games. Mostly hyrule warriors, super mario 3D world, lego avengers, and some skylanders stuff we have because KCB and I love co-op games.

No backwards compatibility of any kind, sadly.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
not backwards compatible at all. I'm still salty my wii u pro controller doesn't work on the switch

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Sefal posted:

Oh yeah, splatoon 2 is soon.
I hope the destiny 2 beta doesn't have server issues :v:

Oh they'll have an issue. The issue will be that they're running Destiny 2 heyoooo.

I don't actually know anything about Destiny or Destiny 2.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I say this every time they come up, but the Titanfall 2 Funko POPs are legitimately cool and pretty cheap. It's because the dead eyed pilots sit inside the awesome-looking mechs and you can't see them.

mutata fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Jul 18, 2017

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

In Training posted:

No backwards compatibility of any kind, sadly.

Aw, what a shame. Oh well, no biggie, that just means that I don't need to worry about eventually transferring saves and stuff over. Though I'll have to fumble around with finding a decent method to switch easily back and forth between the consoles, I'll play that part by ear though since I don't need to worry about it right now cause who knows when we'll get a switch haha

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

mutata posted:

I say this every time they come up, but the Titanfall 2 Funko POPs are legitimately cool and pretty cheap. It's because the dead eyed pilots sit inside the awesome-looking mechs and you can't see them.

Yeah mechs work for funko's imo

I like the d.va funko

I bought it. I'm part of the problem.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

mutata posted:

Sefal posted:

Yeah mechs work for funko's imo

I like the d.va funko

I bought it. I'm part of the problem.
A pox on you both and your families.

Mordja fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Jul 18, 2017

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

In Training posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrDEwksdDoI

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

exquisite tea posted:

ParentsLate capitalism infantilizing their children into adulthood, who then in turn fill their rooms with little humanoid figurines as trophies of their infertility economic exploitation. It's like poetry.

Fixed

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

That's loving deep man

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

No mom, it's the systematic exploitation of the lower class that forces me to buy more wallscrolls.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Small brain: Actchually it's because you're a slave to capitalism

All the rest of the brains: What a loser lmao *buys things that they enjoy*

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

If we are being honest here, better figs and wallscrolls than crystal meth.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
what if both

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
You spend the money you earn on material goods? gently caress you. Idiot. You god drat moron.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

*walking into a homeless shelter with a donation box filled with fresh, unopened anime wallscrolls and amiibos* Take that, capitalism!!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I don't actually think buying branded merch is all that weird. But if you want to explain it as a popular phenomenon, I would say that yes, consumerism is a more proximate cause than "bad parenting"

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
awful parents raising their children into having fondness for things they like

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

thinking about the political and economical ramifications of one's actions and the effects of popular consumerism as a whole is actually a bad thing

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I watched a video yesterday of a presentation by the Adam Ruins Everything guy about how Millennials (and other named generational groups) don't exist and how those are just terms used by old people to bag on young people which they've done since forever and it was pretty good.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Macaluso posted:

Funko Pops are bad but Golden Girls is good so now I don't know what to think

Yeah it's hosed up.

Also way to remind me I don't have a Switch yet and Splatoon 2 is almost here guys :negative:

basalt
Jan 11, 2015

My bedroom is sparsely decorated, but that doesn't mean I don't practice gross levels of consumerism elsewhere!

Like Steam.

basalt fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Jul 18, 2017

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
I don't understand it, like, actual adults buy those things? What

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I don't like the adam ruins everything guy. I dunno what it is but the one or two bits of his I've seen he just came off as annoying. Not wrong, just annoying.

I don't mind people buying merch of stuff they like but I'm still gonna point and laugh at bad merch like ugly funko pops or those dumb tshirts that are just crossover fanarts put on shirts and it just kinda looks tacky imo, or shirts where they feel like they have to make sure to include a logo somewhere, ruining the art.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

FirstAidKite posted:

I don't like the adam ruins everything guy. I dunno what it is but the one or two bits of his I've seen he just came off as annoying. Not wrong, just annoying.

He has the Jim Sterling fake-smug-guy aura about him. Besides that though I think he's alright.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

mutata posted:

I watched a video yesterday of a presentation by the Adam Ruins Everything guy about how Millennials (and other named generational groups) don't exist and how those are just terms used by old people to bag on young people which they've done since forever and it was pretty good.
Heh, sounds like something an 03'er would believe.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

all the bits and bobs for building my new computer are here except for the graphics card which won't be arriving until at least next week, so i'm just going to keep using my old one in the meantime, but i'm too nervous to actually start building the thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

That mortal fear you will irrevocably gently caress up something about the installation coupled with immense relief when you hit the power switch and the thing actually turns on are the best parts about building your own PC.

• Locked thread