Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
I'm the future space alien hoverbike that has a top speed less than a combustion engine motorcycle from 1975

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Virtual Captain posted:

But I'm sure CIG is going to pump out some NPC AI indistinguishable from human players soon.

all they have to do is get the AI to constantly hail your ship and argue with you about how great the 'verse is and what a piece of human garbage you are and they'll have citizens down pretty close.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

There's an irony in attempting to be a racist minority. I mean, it's a plucky gambit.

Edit: Of course he's an English Brexiteer. FML.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Yolomon Wayne posted:

But can you?

With a billion species of animals they seem to love to sexualize you would think areoplanecopterz would be safe.

:gonk:

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

ManofManyAliases posted:

No, enlighten me proc gen AI mathematician Magic JuJu master.

Hey MOMA post a smug emote for me for old times sake.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
there's not going to be any FPS AI for NPCs ready for 3.0, so what the gently caress are citizens going to do on these moons. who are they even going to fight

moma what the gently caress is wrong with you man, you know this poo poo is going sideways as hell, you might not even get 3.0 this year

get a refund dude

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

ZenMaster posted:

With a billion species of animals they seem to love to sexualize you would think areoplanecopterz would be safe.

Rule 34 is for everyone.

quote:

According to the interview, the engine used (a further development of the Cryengine) currently supports only four CPU cores - on a server with 32 cores, only eight virtual machines could run, which limits the number of players. Star Citizens improved network code is to deal with this problem in the future, so that more cores mean more players. As a result, and through the networking of several servers, the maximum number of players will soon increase to more than 100 - until the Star Citizen launch only has one instance of the MMOG world in which all players and a considerable number of computer-controlled NPCs are playing .
- http://www.pcgames.de/Star-Citizen-Spiel-3481/News/maximale-Spielerzahl-24-pro-Server-Multiplayer-Alpha-30-Release-instanziert-1233373/

Those first two sentences. Lawl.

more than a hundred!

Edit: vvv Disturbed_jim kinda advertises his mental illness. Personally I wouldn't touch that poop.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Hav posted:

There's an irony in attempting to be a racist minority. I mean, it's a plucky gambit.

Edit: Of course he's an English Brexiteer. FML.

https://twitter.com/DisturbedJim83/status/886901058315980800
https://twitter.com/DisturbedJim83/status/886902595008311296

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I can respect a bold new trolling angle when I see one, god speed to whoever's running that account

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

No Mods No Masters posted:

I can respect a bold new trolling angle when I see one, god speed to whoever's running that account

V. Putin.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
like I know we all joke about SC here but goddamn there is some bad loving news breaking from Chris Roberts himself

its not my leaks, its not Derek Smart, its not some made up sources or something, it's Chris Roberts saying all this poo poo. Chris Roberts

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

TheAgent posted:

I'm the future space alien hoverbike that has a top speed less than a combustion engine motorcycle from 1975

1975 motorcycles can do over 100 meters a second?

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

TheAgent posted:

like I know we all joke about SC here but goddamn there is some bad loving news breaking from Chris Roberts himself

its not my leaks, its not Derek Smart, its not some made up sources or something, it's Chris Roberts saying all this poo poo. Chris Roberts

Something something get off on a pot of poo poo something something. .....

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

ZenMaster posted:

Hey MOMA post a smug emote for me for old times sake.

:flipoff:

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

ManofManyAliases posted:

He's frequently drunk. Do you think an alien space bike should maybe do more 200mph?

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Hav posted:

He's frequently drunk. Do you think an alien space bike should maybe do more 200mph?

Of course. How else will it traverse a moon with more surface area than all the maps of every other mmo combined?

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

TheAgent posted:

...and I thought maybe today would be a good day to do some actual work and not gently caress off reading SA...

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

Something something get off on a pot of poo poo something something. .....
I don't need to post anything, he just finished blabbing to germans about how planets are getting cut back, scope is decreasing, network fixes aren't going in, etc

I don't need any leaks or anything since he and his cohorts are blabbing to the loving press about how bad things are

or is 5 systems for launch good for star citizen

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

TheAgent posted:

I don't need to post anything, he just finished blabbing to germans about how planets are getting cut back, scope is decreasing, network fixes aren't going in, etc

I don't need any leaks or anything since he and his cohorts are blabbing to the loving press about how bad things are

Nice meltdown. Here: borrow my belt.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
Hello friends.

I truly hope everyone is doing well, physically, mentally, and in all other ways. Hope the same for the misguided backers and the overworked employees of CIG. Life's too short to spend it miserable, furious, or otherwise dispirited.

For those who wondered, I'm still alive. Had some health issues a year back. Took a break from a lot of things, including from posting in this often wonderful and informative thread. Glad to see its gentled up some from when I left.

Anyway, awkward member re-insertion banter aside, here is a new infographic about 3.0, for those of you who like those sort of things.

I'm aiming for fairness, so please post suggested corrections if it seems biased.

EDIT: I’m dropping the final December 2017 version of the infographic into this old post below. This serves as the 1.0 Public Release Build of the image but also as the full summary of the 3.0 Overpromise then Underdeliver cycle.

(Plus, it’ll make it easier for me to find it when I need it...)

G0RF fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Jul 31, 2018

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Star Citizen offers so much extra space to do activities.

e: Holyshitgorf!

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot

TheAgent posted:

Yea thats whats maddening, they barely care. All those things together got a few hundred responses on reddit over a week. A "will pvp exist" thread gets 700 responses in <12 hours.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

ManofManyAliases posted:

You finally convinced me. I bought a ship for 379,- €. Thanks for showing me the light!

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

You better watch your back in the 'verse my friend!

~CMDR Happypups~

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

G0RF posted:

Hello friends.

I truly hope everyone is doing well, physically, mentally, and in all other ways. Hope the same for the misguided backers and the overworked employees of CIG. Life's too short to spend it miserable, furious, or otherwise dispirited.

For those who wondered, I'm still alive. Had some health issues a year back. Took a break from a lot of things, including from posting in this often wonderful and informative thread. Glad to see its gentled up some from when I left.

Anyway, awkward member re-insertion banter aside, here is a new infographic about 3.0, for those of you who like those sort of things.

I'm aiming for fairness, so please post suggested corrections if it seems biased.
gently caress yes

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

G0RF posted:

Hello friends.

Welcome back and hate to read you weren't 100% in your absence. Hope you are well on the way back to good health. I'd always hoped CIG had contacted you and given you a large check not to post.

Love your infographics.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

G0RF posted:

Hello friends.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPqPAKqzx7M

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot
ED Trip Report from guy whose last space sim was Freelancer.

Learning curve is steep (jesus christ landing is annoying) but its fun and immersive.

But more importantly its a videogame.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

WB g0rf :)

Roflan
Nov 25, 2007

For the record, the fastest bike in the 70s was 154mph, 100m/s is 224mph and Chris Roberts should just ask Wolfram Alpha to program SC for him.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Hav posted:

TheAgent posted:

I'm the future space alien hoverbike that has a top speed less than a combustion engine motorcycle from 1975 2017

There we go. Still pretty shameful.

e: regal beagle taxxe

Beet Wagon fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Jul 18, 2017

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib
Welcome Back G0rf.

Also the Ship JPEG I bought:

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

G0RF posted:

For those who wondered, I'm still alive. Had some health issues a year back.

{{{Big manly and not slightly gay hug}}}

Welcome back.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
Some goons have been hitting the buttons on StarCitizen Tracker. Thanks.
Changed Mantle and Vulkan thingies to "Not implemented", it was wrong on both items previously. Parry: "I can say for certain that this is not the case, since the engine is 100% D3D 11 right now."

Additions:
  • Highlight camera
  • Sleeping
  • Eating
  • Showering
  • Light armor
  • Medium Armor
  • Titan Armor
  • First landout option on Earth (New York)
  • Second landout option on Earth (Moscow)
  • Third landout option on Earth (Shanghai)

Just 3 more items for 500 tracked expectations!
Fly clean commando! Chris: "if you don't shower for a while some NPCs won't want to talk to you 'cause you smell, etc etc."

G0RF posted:

Hello friends.

Christmas in July!

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

G0RF posted:

Hello friends.

Hello friend, typo near the bottom :ohdear:

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Beet Wagon posted:

There we go. Still pretty shameful.
I don't know anything about motorcycle development, obviously

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

croberts could pull down his pants and unleash explosive diarrhea in the face of your average ardent star citizen backer and they'd smile and thank him. after years of defending this dumb project on reddit and doing all sorts of mental gymnastics to justify dropping thousands on a bad crysis mod there is no way they'll admit how loving stupid they were all along

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

G0RF posted:

Hello friends.

Great to have you back commando. Your posts make me go all funny downstairs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

ManofManyAliases posted:

The landspeed records for motorcycles passed 224 mph in the early 1960's actually... so yes.