Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

My Lovely Horse posted:

Today I bought some durian cream cookies. They don't taste that bad, but the bag smells like Satan's rear end in a top hat. I've had to double bag it to avoid contaminating my cupboard and I'm seriously considering storing it underwater. The aftertaste is indescribable.

The same store also sold durian baking aroma, which I assume is the same stuff that's in the cookies, just more concentrated. I should call the police.

I had this exact experience about a week ago. I opened the package and tried one, and the taste was just ok but not great. The smell, however, continued to get worse the longer I had the bag there so I put it in a freezer bag. I thought I was ok, but I left the house and came back and was hit with a wall of durian-stench. So I put the bag out on the porch.

The next day I brought it to "share" with my friends, to get it away from my house. They ended up each eating one, then throwing it away, outside, where it couldn't hurt anyone.

I cannot imagine being hungry enough to smell a durian fruit, and then make the decision to eat it. It can give me an orgasm from the taste alone and I do not think I would tolerate the smell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Sweet nutrients.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

evobatman posted:

gently caress you whoever posted the swineapple, because I couldn't get the idea out of my head, so I was forced to make one.

The name is funny, and it looks convoluted, but it's pork and pineapple. Two great tastes, as they say.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

AlbieQuirky posted:

Gribenes! It's amazing.
And if you don't want to deep fry the chicken skins, they can also be used to make schmaltz. Which is kinda AFP in the "looks blah, tastes amazing" way.

Thank you autocorrect, I did need a C in there.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

EorayMel posted:

Sweet nutrients.

Would at least once.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm surprised battered and fried hamburgers aren't as common as corndogs, honestly.

Otana
Jun 1, 2005

Let's go see what kind of trouble we can get into.

https://www.cracked.com/photoplasty_2408_these-food-combos-may-sound-weird-but-trust-us

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

There are remarkably few things garlic doesn't improve so I'm not gonna poo poo on it offhandedly

PurdWerfect
Aug 29, 2000

The Bloop posted:

Man, the 70s we're a different time. That ham would not get you any gay trim these days.

might catch a few bears

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
People already drink butter coffee, so garlic butter coffee is the natural next step.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

evobatman posted:

People already drink butter coffee, so garlic butter coffee is the natural next step.

I could see drinking butter coffee for like a polar expedition when you need a ton of fat and anything warm, but why the hell would anyone drink it normally?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Solice Kirsk posted:

I could see drinking butter coffee for like a polar expedition when you need a ton of fat and anything warm, but why the hell would anyone drink it normally?

Some rear end in a top hat promoted it as a magic lifehack that will totally turn your life upside down, brought to you by the mystical people of Tibet. Google Bulletproof Coffee.

Otana
Jun 1, 2005

Let's go see what kind of trouble we can get into.

Solice Kirsk posted:

Seriously. I had butter tea once at a Tibetan celebration and it was loving awesome, but after the tiniest cup of it I was ready for a nap. I don't understand how anyone who doesn't live in the mountains and do hard labor for a living can drink it on the regular.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Aesop Poprock posted:

There are remarkably few things garlic doesn't improve so I'm not gonna poo poo on it offhandedly

I've had garlic ice cream. Gonna have to nominate that as one of those remarkably few things. It was actually kind of interesting at first, but the garlic taste just kept building up and wouldn't go away.

curufinor
Apr 4, 2016

by Smythe
That just means the garlic was done into too fine a homogenate.

Try mince garlic ice cream + bacon

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Polyseme
Sep 6, 2009

GROUCH DIVISION

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Otana posted:

Seriously. I had butter tea once at a Tibetan celebration and it was loving awesome, but after the tiniest cup of it I was ready for a nap. I don't understand how anyone who doesn't live in the mountains and do hard labor for a living can drink it on the regular.

I had a big cup at a Tibetan restaurant in NYC. It tastes like exactly what it is: black tea and butter. Surprisingly palatable and warming.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Poo poo platter

Is that the czech version of refried beans? What is that brown stuff?

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Whooping Crabs posted:

Poo poo platter

If Google is to be believed it's some type of horseradish and fish based stew.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
In my experience most czech food consists of a starch(potatoes more often than rice), meat and brown sauce. Never ran into anything with such a disturbing shade of brown though.

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

would

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Whooping Crabs posted:

Poo poo platter

its a white trash food of magnitude i never thought imaginable. it's "bread sauce" consisting of bread, water and some other trash blended together. probably tastes like wallpaper paste if it tastes like anything at all

but the idea of trying to interpret it as a traditional dish of some sort is funnier

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

I'd keep my distance just in case a facehugger jumps out of this thing.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Palpek posted:

I'd keep my distance just in case a facehugger jumps out of this thing.

I dunno, I'd be happily impregnated by a taco monster

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

Iron Crowned posted:

I dunno, I'd be happily impregnated by a taco monster

Yeah, but then it comes tearing out of you, which is much less pleasant.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

darthbob88 posted:

Yeah, but then it comes tearing out of you, which is much less pleasant.

sounds like good spicy tacos to me :shrug:

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

steinrokkan posted:

Some rear end in a top hat promoted it as a magic lifehack that will totally turn your life upside down, brought to you by the mystical people of Tibet. Google Bulletproof Coffee.

I love that you are supposed to specifically use Kerrygold butter in this magic concoction when Kerrygold is basically a brand name slapped on the ordinary butter sold in every irish supermarket -(unless you buy small-batch locally produced butter) it's all coming from the big co-op dairies, not enchanted Kerrygold cows.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

"Eggs Finely Poached in a Latex Glove with Ketchup Nails & Sausage Watch" (2017)

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That watch is made out of bacon and black pudding :colbert:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

twoday posted:

"Eggs Finely Poached in a Latex Glove with Ketchup Nails & Sausage Watch" (2017)

Sometimes a sausage is just a sausage.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

twoday posted:

Aunt Gwen's Cold Hand

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

twoday posted:

At first I thought it was mashed potatoes or grits formed into a hand shape, not eggs in a glove. And now we know Aunt Gwen is married.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
I bet it feels like someone else's hand if it were to, you know, accidentally touch you or something.

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet

Pookah posted:

I love that you are supposed to specifically use Kerrygold butter in this magic concoction when Kerrygold is basically a brand name slapped on the ordinary butter sold in every irish supermarket -(unless you buy small-batch locally produced butter) it's all coming from the big co-op dairies, not enchanted Kerrygold cows.

I buy Kerrygold because yeah, it's generic mass-produced Irish butter but that still puts it head and shoulders above most mass-produced American butter

Pizdec
Dec 10, 2012

Vegan pizza with cheese and salami flavoured cubes

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Pastry of the Year posted:

Aunt Gwen's Cold Hand

Not an empty quote

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

EorayMel posted:

Sweet nutrients.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AckvdGbk4w

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Someone mind reposting the Aunt Gwen's Cold Shape pic?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

Yes. I would mind