Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Xxxtentacion is the worst rapper I've ever listened to in recent memory Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
I need Earl to drop a full album that sounds like that Really Doe verse

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

This is pretty cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kqBQFTOPNo

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I just need new Earl full stop tbh

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

He really sat there staring at the ground for the whole XXL freestyle not even bobbing his head to a single bar of the other freshmen, then made sunny cut the beat so he could imitate a 10 year old quickly reading through his creative writing assignment in front of the class

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Heeeeey, lil buddy finessed it.

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah

Bob NewSCART posted:

He really sat there staring at the ground for the whole XXL freestyle not even bobbing his head to a single bar of the other freshmen, then made sunny cut the beat so he could imitate a 10 year old quickly reading through his creative writing assignment in front of the class

His fans think everything he says and does is really profound for some reason

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Bob NewSCART posted:

Xxxtentacion is the worst rapper I've ever listened to in recent memory Lol

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Robert Analog posted:

His fans think everything he says and does is really profound for some reason

cause they are 13

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Lots of loosies from Chicago, Vic Mensa's been dropping some fire gearing up for the Autobiography, new Cool Kids, new PBG, new poo poo from Swagg, Tay 600, Rico, Warhol, Lil Reesey 300 'nem, bros going crazy out there. Only linking a few because drat there's been a lot of music coming out lately.

The Cool Kids - Checkout
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0cJkiRjwHE

Tay600 - Lost A Lot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8dcO0nNryk

Rico Recklezz & Live - Stain
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uilJNJh6PVE

Swagg Dinero & Danny 10K - Gucci
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIkIH5DfVeE

Also RIP to Shoota Shellz and FBG Brick. Yeah, they were disrespectful as gently caress on their tracks, but both them dudes just had babies, now the streets going to eat them too. The cycle never ends.

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

ASK ME ABOUT BEING A GROWNUP WHO FUCKS A REAL DOLL
Vic Mensa put weezer on his album full stop.

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012
that new Vic Mensa track Wings is really loving good

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

drat is overrated as hell. I'm ready for everyone to tell me i'm old and uncool, but I don't hear anything in the music that justifies all the hype surrounding it. It reminds me of the hype that Odd Future had. And I don't see it holding up any better than Odd Future's albums have. I've listen to this album several times, but the beats, lyrics, melody, sound average.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

ChocNitty posted:

drat is overrated as hell. I'm ready for everyone to tell me i'm old and uncool, but I don't hear anything in the music that justifies all the hype surrounding it. It reminds me of the hype that Odd Future had. And I don't see it holding up any better than Odd Future's albums have. I've listen to this album several times, but the beats, lyrics, melody, sound average.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOxWfRrb2Sk

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
*insert album everyone likes* is overrated as hell. I'm ready for everyone to tell me i'm old and uncool, but I don't hear anything in the music that justifies all the hype surrounding it. It reminds me of the hype that *insert relatively obscure rapper I really like* had. And I don't see it holding up any better than *insert relatively obscure rapper I really like* albums have. I've listen to this album several times, but the beats, lyrics, melody, sound average.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
[ChocNitty kramers into thread]
drat. is over rated a hell! *kramers around the room*
Nothing justifys the hype!
*Kramers out the window*
Thats whats so crazy about this, I like drat.!
*DIES*

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
drat is a good collection of tracks but it's nowhere near an instant classic and I don't see it having the longterm impact his last 2 albums had

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Dexo posted:

*insert album everyone likes* is overrated as hell. I'm ready for everyone to tell me i'm old and uncool, but I don't hear anything in the music that justifies all the hype surrounding it. It reminds me of the hype that *insert relatively obscure rapper I really like* had. And I don't see it holding up any better than *insert relatively obscure rapper I really like* albums have. I've listen to this album several times, but the beats, lyrics, melody, sound average.

well we might as well close up the thread, it's been a good run, but what else is there to say????

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

ruddiger posted:

Lots of loosies from Chicago, Vic Mensa's been dropping some fire gearing up for the Autobiography, new Cool Kids, new PBG, new poo poo from Swagg, Tay 600, Rico, Warhol, Lil Reesey 300 'nem, bros going crazy out there. Only linking a few because drat there's been a lot of music coming out lately.

The Cool Kids - Checkout
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0cJkiRjwHE

Tay600 - Lost A Lot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8dcO0nNryk

Rico Recklezz & Live - Stain
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uilJNJh6PVE

Swagg Dinero & Danny 10K - Gucci
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIkIH5DfVeE

Also RIP to Shoota Shellz and FBG Brick. Yeah, they were disrespectful as gently caress on their tracks, but both them dudes just had babies, now the streets going to eat them too. The cycle never ends.

The new lil Reese track is unreal. And I also feel really bad for tay600

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

loving coward waits until a mod tells us to be nice to attack drat.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Floyd's got bars

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_aGzjym85A

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Well, we know it wasn't ghostwritten

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012

ChocNitty posted:

i don't know if you're old, this sounds like the beginning of every conversation I had with college hipsters trying to one up each other: "yeah totally overrated heh dissapointing really, unrelated band namedrop." can confirm you're definitely uncool though!

i mean that in a nice way ofc totally kidding we're all about fun conversation here and all bad opinions are equally valid in the rap thread!!!

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
drat is my favorite kdot album by a fair margin and only DNA would make my personal top 10 kendrick tracks list, and it'd be near the bottom.

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012
my opinion on which kung fu Kenny album is best switches regularly except for section 80 which is good but still at the bottom

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Am i blanking or has Kendrick actually had a full on diss track? I know he had control and humble but I'm trying to think of why people assume he'd kill anyone he's up against

Of course besides him being lyrical and extremely technically skilled

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Control!?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

the_american_dream posted:

Am i blanking or has Kendrick actually had a full on diss track? I know he had control and humble but I'm trying to think of why people assume he'd kill anyone he's up against

Of course besides him being lyrical and extremely technically skilled

Lmao Kendrick did a verse where he was pretty much just shouting out the rappers he liked and respected in the game saying I he sees them as competition, competition that he think's he's better than, but still competition. And people got in their feelings.

The Heart IV was also nothing but Kendrick sending shots to Jay Elec, Big Sean, and Drake.

He hasn't done a full on blow up their spot Ether type diss track. But I have no doubt that he could as he is probably the second best still active rapper lyrically.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

HorseRenoir posted:

drat is a good collection of tracks but it's nowhere near an instant classic and I don't see it having the longterm impact his last 2 albums had

Not every album needs to transcend space and time. It's a great album. Like Beg For Mercy or The B Coming.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

bows1 posted:

cause they are white & 13
key component
hopsin is the proper comparison, not Tyler even at his most annoying

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Punkin Spunkin posted:

key component
hopsin is the proper comparison, not Tyler even at his most annoying

I dunno Hopspin at least has some technical skill.

XXX can't even manage that.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Defiant Ones is good btw, check it out. Ep 1 is more Iovine then Dre but ep 2 fwd gets more into Eazy and NWA

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Man that eazy-E style was so good. Sunglasses, LA Rams Hat, Coaches JacketC black jeans and white sneakers? Man

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

i listened to drat in full tonight and its really good

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

i also relistened to tpab again recently and its grown on my like 600%. im ready to admit i mostly didnt like it because i wanted an album like drat, but now that we have drat i have fresh ears for tpab and its not as much of a chore as it used to be.

also im seeing kendrick tomorrow. really excited.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

vindication.

Art Core...velay
Jun 16, 2013
I like the new cousin stizz a lot

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

kendrick peaked with his gunplay feature

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

Another reason I like Kendrick and think he'd kill anyone is because last year at FYf he rapped every single word meanwhile I was more excited to see Thug and he rapped maybe...oh, 7 words a song.

Like, who would Kendrick lose to? He's the complete package. Dope rapper with great thoughtful lyrics who makes albums not slogs with with 2 hot tracks. Maybe Danny? Maybe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

An unretired 3 stacks :pray: