Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

AbstractNapper posted:

So will the entire surface of the moons be constantly in "day"-light?
Doesn't that conflict with fidelicious basic physics?

One side will be lit by the sun, the other by reflected light off the planet. Easy peasy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dial A For Awesome
May 23, 2009

Space Crabs posted:

A good and interesting post.

I can see why the PU is an over-ambitious and doomed exercise but this post prompts the thought "why are CIG having such trouble in producing separate modules that you load into (like Arena Commander or some planetary zone hidden behind a loading screen) or a standalone single player FPS (SQ42)?" These should be well-trodden exercises which dozens of games and mods have previously done in some form or another. The alarming thing for CIG's defenders is that even these seem well beyond its technical and management capabilities.

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

Colostomy Bag posted:

I'm sure Roberts thought of tidally locked orbits when given his decrees.

With zero planetary mechanics in this space "sim" isn't everything everything-locked?

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

That is a great infographic gorf, good to see you again.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Hav posted:

Kai Tave has produced some excellent effortposts about Ryan Dancey and the Pathfinder MMO in the Kickstarter thread.

This was a good read, and I appreciate you for brining it to my attention.

Kai Tave posted:

...that and it also feels a bit too much like blaming the victim of a con artist for being ripped off, but nonetheless the Pathfinder Online section of the Paizo forums was, and perhaps still is, home to some of the dumbest motherfuckers around until Chris Roberts came along and said "hold my beer."

This is like a really good joiner, ha ha.

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

lol

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
look just because what you're saying is true doesn't mean that it's really the truth

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

We can't handle the truth.

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

It blows me away that their website has no disclosure of the change in scope and still has misleading statements about 100 systems at launch. Well actually it doesn't because I've seen this farce long enough to completely expect it, but if I was used to sane video games it would blow me away.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

lazorexplosion posted:

It blows me away that their website has no disclosure of the change in scope and still has misleading statements about 100 systems at launch. Well actually it doesn't because I've seen this farce long enough to completely expect it, but if I was used to sane video games it would blow me away.

The most open development of all time!

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Has anyone tried the new Wendy's queso burger yet? Star Citizen been released yet?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT
Brigading, brigading! I can see the downvote in your screenshot, that's all the evidence I need of the conspiracy against me!! You'll never silence me by clicking a colored arrow!!!!!!

*Puts you on ignore, deletes account*

Also, Star Citizen: G0rf is typing...

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

D_Smart posted:

Needs some additional revisions I think:

- There are no new space stations in 3.0 AFAIK
- Crusader isn't finished
- We don't know anything about new asteroid belts
- Day and night cycles is not happening. They already said so

gently caress. It took hours to draw on the ticks and crosses.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

notoriousman posted:

Brigading, brigading! I can see the downvote in your screenshot, that's all the evidence I need of the conspiracy against me!! You'll never silence me by clicking a colored arrow!!!!!!

*Puts you on ignore, deletes account*

Please stop gollop chambering me.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Colostomy Bag posted:

Geezus, I thought we were discussing Star Citizen in this here thread.

Don't be silly.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

G0RF posted:

Hello friends.

I truly hope everyone is doing well, physically, mentally, and in all other ways. Hope the same for the misguided backers and the overworked employees of CIG. Life's too short to spend it miserable, furious, or otherwise dispirited.

For those who wondered, I'm still alive. Had some health issues a year back. Took a break from a lot of things, including from posting in this often wonderful and informative thread. Glad to see its gentled up some from when I left.

Anyway, awkward member re-insertion banter aside, here is a new infographic about 3.0, for those of you who like those sort of things.

I'm aiming for fairness, so please post suggested corrections if it seems biased.

Ages behind but hello dude, I missed your seminal posting.

Sorry to hear about your health, but glad you're feeling better :)

his nibs fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Jul 19, 2017

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
I went out with my friend yesterday to st marcs and we talked about a lot of poo poo and then I said "hey did you hear about star citizen? its bad"

he then beat me to death with a piece of apple pie bacon, a reasoned and adult response

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

stopped you from spread FUD, didn't it :smuggo:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Quavers posted:

gently caress. It took hours to draw on the ticks and crosses.

That's why we use layers :grin:

Speaking of which, Gorf's chart debut made me think about my article from Nov 2, 2016 in which I cited sources who had said that Croberts was lying his rear end off at GamesCom and that 3.0 DID NOT EXIST. Almost a YEAR later, now we know, don't we.

Go on, you can say it:

DEREK SMART WAS RIGHT :gary::yarg:

DEREK SMART TOTALLY CALLED IT :boom: :omarcomin:

D_Smart fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Jul 19, 2017

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

TheAgent posted:

I went out with my friend yesterday to st marcs and we talked about a lot of poo poo and then I said "hey did you hear about star citizen? its bad"

he then beat me to death with a piece of apple pie bacon, a reasoned and adult response

gently caress man, If you are a ghost posting on these forums I'm not sure I can trust you anymore.

On the other hand, if you are now a skeleton, you've got my unconditional support.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

ManofManyAliases posted:

I'm the mentally-challenged

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Sarsapariller posted:

I'm pretty sure "Spleeny, fen-sucked skainsmate" is a blatant misuse of at least two of the three terms there. Doesn't skainsmate just mean friend? And fen-sucked means you came out of a swamp or something like that?

http://www.pangloss.com/seidel/shake_rule.html

Oh.

Man, you're telling me I have to be careful and those insults from "Make Your Own Shakespearean Insults" may not actually, by definition, be insults? It thought it sounds like insults but turns out it's just archaic? Screw you, Sarsapariller, you monsterful, apricitous snoutfair.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

D_Smart posted:

- Day and night cycles is not happening. They already said so

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZmM2ijcF00

Have they said that recently, because this was part of the recent campaign.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
The image of them refreshing the thread and looking at the last poster (not the actual thread itself) is loving hilarious to me. Is there any way to make it so that the last poster is always D_Smart?

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Day and night cycles are already in the game. Say I'm floating in space and my nipples are bathing in the sun, it's clearly day, right? Now what if I turn my back? Obviously it becomes night. Checkmate Goons.

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!
In thinking about the motorcycles that go over 300mph (480kmh) and Star Citizen--I realized they really aren't much different.

Both tend to crash horribly.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

HycoCam posted:

In thinking about the motorcycles that go over 300mph (480kmh) and Star Citizen--I realized they really aren't much different.

Both tend to crash horribly.

Yeah but one meets its stated goal first

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Welcome back G0rf.

Now for a question: do i make blue cheese dip today?

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Scruffpuff posted:

Welcome back G0RF. It's good to have you back, here at the end of all things.

Thank you, ScruffPuff (and the many others welcoming me back.)

Though things do seem rather grim presently... "but maybe that crazy ol' star dreamer has got a few tricks up his sleeve yet!"

"Can I hear an amen?"

"Anybody?"

"Anyone?"

"MOMA?"

his nibs posted:

Ages behind but hello dude, I missed your seminal posting.

Sorry to hear about your health, but you're feeling better :)

Thank you! I deleted the earlier ones to reduce risk of circulating erroneous info. But the new one is in thread now. I'll post a link in a sec.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Hav posted:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZmM2ijcF00

Have they said that recently, because this was part of the recent campaign.

Yeah, they did. And Spergs completely freaked out on Reddit. There's a thread there.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

G0RF posted:

Thank you! I deleted the earlier ones to reduce risk of circulating erroneous info. But the new one is in thread now. I'll post a link in a sec.

Oh? Here we were, thinking it was because you thought we were all totally getting sued. drat leaver! :grin:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

G0RF posted:

Thank you, ScruffPuff (and the many others welcoming me back.)

Though things do seem rather grim presently... "but maybe that crazy ol' star dreamer has got a few tricks up his sleeve yet!"

"Can I hear an amen?"

"Anybody?"

"Anyone?"

"MOMA?"

My inner thoughts are a 24/7 loop of Waylon Jennings going "Oh them Roberts boys got themselves in a whole mess o' trouble this time! How're they ever gonna get outta this pickle?!"

e: that just reminded me I made this what seems like ages ago lol, I need to update it but there's no more room on the cop car.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Morningwoodpecker posted:

Moma's far to easily triggered by Derek to be a troll or paid shill.

I think you're close but you have the names switched around there. :)

I could be wrong though!

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

thatguy posted:

gently caress GOONS AND DEREK SHART I HATE HIS STUPID FACE AND HIS WRINKLED BALLS AND DICK WHICH IS WAY SMALLER THAN MINE I BET IF I COULD COMPARE THEM SIDE BY SIDE IN REAL LIFE YOU GUYS WOULD SEE HIS COCK ISN'T EVEN THAT GREAT!

Good preemptive post for the inevitable repercussions! Made me giggle, too. :)

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Starcitizen thread, this train wreck has gone on long enough. Should we enact Operation Bluecheese Dip and finally crush CiG with legal chip deliciousness?

Inquiring minds (me) must know if they (also me) must brave the rainfall.

Also It Comes At Night is a really bad movie.

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

Skipped 1000 posts what's new in Star Citizen?

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

a cyberpunk goose posted:

Skipped 1000 posts what's new in Star Citizen?

Gorf: still alive
Citizens: still salty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

D_Smart posted:

Those rear end-clowns lie a lot. Like all the time. So I would take that with a huge pinch of salt

You could be right, and that made me think about something from a thread or two ago about backers.

Is there still this amazing... ummmm.... trying to think of the word/s...

Expense contest?

Where back in the day spending a lot was rewarded by CIG somehow, like how they made that exclusive club and the bouncer drama and such. Are they still doing things like this and promising more crazy rewards, in game or otherwise? This aspect of CIG has sort of taken a back seat to their endless failures, but it was one of the hardening points of what made their whole funding campaign so nasty and dirty.

Are backers still trying to one up each other by how much they spend? Do other backers look up to these big spenders? I know since we've shed some light on the whole "whale syndrome" it's not really been spoken about, so I'm unsure if CIG is still employing whale hunting tactics on a personal level to these people.