Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

the good fax machine posted:

Perks of being a house husband :snoop:

Thats the dream right there. Need to find me a sugar mumma with career goals. I'll stay home and cook, clean and teach the kids how to wrassal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

Republicans posted:

It's pretty limited compared to the Destiny 1 beta, isn't it? Just the one story mission, the strike and the one crucible map?

I played for a little less then an hour and did all the pve stuff, it was fun but I basically did everything possible except for PvP.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

BlindSite posted:

Thats the dream right there. Need to find me a sugar mumma with career goals. I'll stay home and cook, clean and teach the kids how to wrassal.

Cooking owns bones whether you're working or not

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

texaholic posted:

I played for a little less then an hour and did all the pve stuff, it was fun but I basically did everything possible except for PvP.

Yeah I treated this like a demo. I don't like getting too deep into beta stuff because we're not keeping it anyway and I just want to mess around.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I'm super keen to stunt on cunts in pvp.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

The titan rally barricade wall is great for pve but you'll get stunted on in PVP. The Big Wall though has saved my rear end a bunch of times, because I'm pretty sure damage is negated the moment you start the animation :pcgaming:

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Republicans posted:

It's pretty limited compared to the Destiny 1 beta, isn't it? Just the one story mission, the strike and the one crucible map?

One strike, two pvp maps and two pvp games, and the story mission when you start up but I don't see an option to play it again.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Welp, I'm stuck in the first mission. Right after the part where you help Zavala. I ran to the speaker, and Ikora never showed up :/ so after thirty seconds I went forward, then Ikora starts doing her dialog. Apparently there are enemies I have to kill before I walk through the doorway. The door is now closed and I'm on the other side, where the boss fight is supposed to happen with no way to trigger the fight. Gg Bungie

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Lots of frame drops especially in some 3 player parts, the base consoles definitely can't hack it anymore. My mate with a PS4 pro said he didn't see any frame drops but my OG PS4 can't keep up. It's like the WOTM siege engine boss but on some of the busier fights basically (the assault wave on the campaign mission, drills section on the strike mission).

i haven't seen any issues with frame drop in any situation with the beta. feels like this is going to be a YMMV thing

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

el B posted:

Welp, I'm stuck in the first mission. Right after the part where you help Zavala. I ran to the speaker, and Ikora never showed up :/ so after thirty seconds I went forward, then Ikora starts doing her dialog. Apparently there are enemies I have to kill before I walk through the doorway. The door is now closed and I'm on the other side, where the boss fight is supposed to happen with no way to trigger the fight. Gg Bungie

[Destiny 1 voice] It's a beta

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Love these new bubble effects, greatly enjoy having the option of either going ham with a shield like a gay purple space Captain America or be a cool guy and lay down a bubble. Did they say beforehand that the bubble effects are removed as soon as you leave the bubble? Because I kept noticing the Armor of Light effect dropped when I left it. Kind of hampers the long term use I think?

super macho dude posted:

The titan rally barricade wall is great for pve but you'll get stunted on in PVP. The Big Wall though has saved my rear end a bunch of times, because I'm pretty sure damage is negated the moment you start the animation :pcgaming:

That waist-high wall definitely has some great PVE application. That final stretch in the Strike when all those goblins and such are charging up the ramp seems tailor made for a Defender to plop one down and go to town.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

There may be lots of bads in PVP but there are also a lot in PVE too. Ran the strike a bunch of times and I completed it like once.

ReverendDre
Apr 1, 2006
TheOneAndOnly

That first mission was awesome, all in on d2

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!

ReverendDre posted:

That first mission was awesome, all in on d2

Yeah and Gaul is the first Destiny villain where I was like, "Can't wait to kill the gently caress outta this guy."

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Policenaut posted:

Love these new bubble effects, greatly enjoy having the option of either going ham with a shield like a gay purple space Captain America or be a cool guy and lay down a bubble. Did they say beforehand that the bubble effects are removed as soon as you leave the bubble? Because I kept noticing the Armor of Light effect dropped when I left it. Kind of hampers the long term use I think?

That waist-high wall definitely has some great PVE application. That final stretch in the Strike when all those goblins and such are charging up the ramp seems tailor made for a Defender to plop one down and go to town.

well armour was the one that was only active in the bubble in D1. Weapons and light stuck around, but I dunno if you can get those

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
The tall Titan wall is fantastic in PvP. I don't know if people realize, but if an enemy tries to run through your wall they get pretty high DoT damage similar to Hunter smoke nades in D1.

We were playing countdown and we'd set up 3 walls in the rugs entrances after setting the bomb, and the room becomes a fortress.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Mazerunner posted:

well armour was the one that was only active in the bubble in D1. Weapons and light stuck around, but I dunno if you can get those

Haha welp egg on my face I always used the other two status effects so I guess I'll just wait and see what happens final release?

qbert posted:

The tall Titan wall is fantastic in PvP. I don't know if people realize, but if an enemy tries to run through your wall they get pretty high DoT damage similar to Hunter smoke nades in D1.

We were playing countdown and we'd set up 3 walls in the rugs entrances after setting the bomb, and the room becomes a fortress.

Oh poo poo that's dope.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

qbert posted:

in a grand returning tradition, titan wall mostly seem to be there for my allies to block my shots and save enemies

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mazerunner posted:

Not unless there are parts of the perk trees that they haven't shown us.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Amazing first mission, hope the rest of the game holds up like that.

Cru is nice, its cool to have primary fights for once but gently caress crucible regardless.

Gotta wait till sep to see what the gently caress happens next. :negative:

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Not unless there are parts of the perk trees that they haven't shown us.

oh yeah, to be fair weapons/blessing have to some degree been moved to the new warlock special abilities

although the healing one doesn't seem that useful, you can't heal through any sort of real damage at all

e; heh

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

Mazerunner posted:

It seems like they moved the Blessing and Weapon effects to the Warlock rift, which do those two things.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
if i can find a helmet with plasteel on it (don't think there's one in the beta), i can live the 12 resilience/0 mobility/0 recovery titan dream

give this to me, bungie

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

the rocket launcher I got only holds one rocket. Maybe there'll be others that hold more or gear mods or w/e the gently caress but that does like a way to balance them compared with grenade launchers/ the other heavies

fusion rifle seemed pretty good surprisingly

nerfed the gently caress out of grenades, like axion is slow as hell and stickies aren't a one hit kill good

warlock rifts don't seem that useful in pvp. The damage one boosted my pulse from 21 on a headshot to 22, so 3 more damage per burst. :discourse: healing also took a little while to kick in and didn't seem that strong. Maybe I'm wrong.

you can hit the touch pad to bring up the director during a pvp game and peace out to find a new game or do a strike or w/e. No going to orbit, just instant rage quit.

e; oh yeah, minotaurs have a belly crit spot now

Mazerunner fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Jul 19, 2017

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
Yea honestly the titan seems to have there only useful ability and it is insanely useful in pvp.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
hunter dodge is very good, and it is very shocking when it happens because no hunters ever seem to use it.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
I didn't think I'd like 4v4 Crucible, but it's good. Feels intense.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

I like how Bungie wanted to make PvP more accessible, so they just made it sweatier.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

Mazerunner posted:

you can hit the touch pad to bring up the director during a pvp game and peace out to find a new game or do a strike or w/e. No going to orbit, just instant rage quit.
Perfect :allears:

Mazerunner posted:

e; oh yeah, minotaurs have a belly crit spot now
Woah hold the phone, the bullet sponges were v.good.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i wish something would drop me a loving scathelock so i can actually shoot a gun at people

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

hunter dodge is very good, and it is very shocking when it happens because no hunters ever seem to use it.

yeah instant reload is very powerful, but it's got such a long cooldown that they probably just don't have it up, or want to save it

failsafe the ai is kind of a fun character, maybe

heavy ammo is incredibly rare, like one drop per strike

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Guys, :qq: there's only like an hour of content in the beta :qq:

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

BlindSite posted:

My man :rock:

But I'm no house husband, primary/single parent:smuggo:

My children shall be strong, violent, and good at pvp.

Can't wait to get off work in the morning, power nap, and then beta my rear end off on the chosen console.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Guys, :qq: there's only like an hour of content in the beta :qq:

true but it's a pretty good hour

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Just got my first D2 Unbroken.

A) There doesn't seem to be a medal for a 15 kill streak anymore (or I wasn't paying attention)
B) It's called "Undefeated" now which is waaaaay more lame sounding

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

deadwing posted:

Just got my first D2 Unbroken.

A) There doesn't seem to be a medal for a 15 kill streak anymore (or I wasn't paying attention)
B) It's called "Undefeated" now which is waaaaay more lame sounding

Yeeeeah, I got one of them :respek:

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mazerunner posted:

true but it's a pretty good hour

I agree, I was being facetious. Besides, the best content is the PVP, of which there is way more than one hour's worth.

Balthesar
Sep 4, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
One mission, one strike, and a couple of PvP modes, that's basically half of the retail disc.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

So what's the guddest gun so far

I like pulse you get at the starting, and the hc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

actionjackson posted:

So what's the guddest gun so far

I like pulse you get at the starting, and the hc

Some guy was tearing up with a lighter pulse than the one you start with and I want it bad